Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 6, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #15,136 of 64,385
  Are the zs3's still worth it, or the new stuff overtakes it? 
With my ATE i discovered i prefer normal IEM's over this ones with this shapes and over the ear cable. Because with normal ones you just snap them in and start listening, but with this ones, specially now that i'm with long hair they can get quite annoying to put on.
My ed3's were quite beat up but they seemed to have disappeared last week, so now i'm stuck with a ATE missing a tip (i lost it somehow). And a zs3 i ordered 3 or 4 months ago havent reached me and just now i remembered i bought them and contacted the seller, i hope i can get a pair of them now.
Has kz released new stuff in the "normal" IEM market, or are they focusing only in over ear designs now? What model would you guys recommend?
My s3's seemed to have pretty poor durability, with 2 pairs losing one side audio after pretty low usage.

Maybe HDS1 or ED9 for Your wearing/using preferences? HDS1 for more balanced but natural sound and ED9 for more details/boost on top and bottom.

But another issue for You will be probably KZ`s "sticky" rubbery cable that will "stick" on Your long hairs? lol
I know Your problem, I had long hair long time ago.

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #15,137 of 64,385
  Maybe HDS1 or ED9 for Your wearing/using preferences? HDS1 for more balanced but natural sound and ED9 for more details/boost on top and bottom.

But another issue for You will be probably KZ`s "sticky" rubbery cable that will "stick" on Your long hairs? lol
I know Your problem, I had long hair long time ago.

I haven't had a problem with the cable sticking to the hair, but is the hair getting inside the ears together with the tip, it's really annoying with over the ear cable designs.
I never bought a ed9 because some people say it had too much highs, to the point it bothers you. And with this discussion here about headphones with too much highs may destroy your ears i felt a connection. Because i've already felt it with other headphones (the highs bothering me), and i just thought i should get used to it. And i feel my hearing isn't perfect already so i should take care with that. Do you consider ed9's to have too much highs? Speacially for example when a music has snares or cymbals (or samples of it), i kinda feel some disconfort with some headphones.
I was thinking maybe a edr series or a ed3, i had one of these in the early days and quite liked them:

What does the hds3 differs from the hds1? Are they all neutral sounding?

I have several pairs of over ears but wear them down , my zst are a perfect fit worn down. Just wear right in left ear and vice versa

Wow, thanks for the tip, works like a charm

I like the ZS3 more than the ZST and ATE/R etc., they have a fun bassy sound with great isolation

Hmm, seems good then, i hope the seller sends me another parcel and then i can test them. The seller is fullove365, seems like some people also had the problem of not receiving their packages.

Jan 6, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #15,139 of 64,385
Sorry guys but I'll be leaving head-fi. I feel it is unbalanced and unwelcoming to newcomers claiming our ears are damaged or that we have hearing loss. Only high level posters are believed and there is no room for anyone else. Only the bourgeois who can afford the entire campfire audio lineup are given special treatment. I have been personly attacked with seemingly no reprocussions for the person who did it.

Always remember, don't fall for snake oil.

Take care guys, and for the guy that PM'd me for the ATR's, you'll still get them.

Jan 6, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #15,140 of 64,385
Sorry guys but I'll be leaving head-fi. I feel it is unbalanced and unwelcoming to newcomers claiming our ears are damaged or that we have hearing loss. Only high level posters are believed and there is no room for anyone else. Only the bourgeois who can afford the entire campfire audio lineup are given special treatment. I have been personly attacked with seemingly no reprocussions for the person who did it.

Take care guys, and for the guy that PM'd me for the ATR's, you'll still get them.

Hey there actually are some snake oil attackers such as James and I, and a lot of them are in the sound science threads too. It is true that it may seem that your impressions are not welcome if they don't line up to other people's. So are mine. Just ignore it and keep having fun, there are posters here who like your posts :)

Jan 6, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #15,141 of 64,385

The problem is your posting your opinion as an irrefutable fact, shouting down others who disagree with you as snake oil salesmen - that's a deeply insulting comment on a forum such as this.

The weight of opinion on the ATR and ATE is generally positive and it's your take on the ATR that sits as an outlier. Given the fact that ATRs cost so little it's beyond me why you reference Campfire and refer to others as bourgeois. If ATRs are the 'snake oil' then the it's not a very profitable line of business, they cost peanuts ***.

Just seen your comments about/to CoiL and that's what I'd call an attack.

Take a break and come back when you're feeling better.

Jan 6, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #15,142 of 64,385
What are the differences between the kz ate and the kz ate s?
(From amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01DQGN2PO/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483730517&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=kz+ate&dpPl=1&dpID=41ZlG3u9oVL&ref=plSrch#mobile-twister_color_name_1483730524501)

Jan 6, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #15,143 of 64,385

The problem is your posting your opinion as an irrefutable fact, shouting down others who disagree with you as snake oil salesmen - that's a deeply insulting comment on a forum such as this.

The weight of opinion on the ATR and ATE is generally positive and it's your take on the ATR that sits as an outlier. Given the fact that ATRs cost so little it's beyond me why you reference Campfire and refer to others as bourgeois. If ATRs are the 'snake oil' then the it's not a very profitable line of business, they cost peanuts ***.

Just seen your comments about/to CoiL and that's what I'd call an attack.

Take a break and come back when you're feeling better.

+1 I've been on forums where regular posters are vicious to members with low post count to the point of being unbearable.  This is NOT one of those forums.  There are members on here that are not completely factual, and there are those that psychologically trick themselves into believing they hear things that are not actually perceptible.  Providing subjective opinions is not selling snake oil and is not deserving of insults and attacks.

Jan 6, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #15,144 of 64,385
Hey folks,

I'm new on head-fi, have been reading up on this thread and the overall chifi thread, I got really interested in the budget iem market.

I bought a pair of Xiaomi hybrids after some reading, I thought they were great for 16 dollars.

Then I got a pair of kz ATR, because why not for 6 dollars, and I must say: wow!

I'm not good with technical terms but I was, looking at the price, overwhelmed with the separation of instruments, clarity and overall, how should I call it, immersiveness?

I prefer the sound signature of the ATR over the xiaomis, music sounds more alive through the atrs. The xiaomis are more ergonomic to me though and easier to use when I'm in bed.

Now I'm starting to get addicted I think and also ordered myself a pair of zst's, really curious, they should be delivered soon.

The more I read on head-fi the more I'm getting the feeling that I'm a complete newbie and I feel I won't help much with commenting.
Nevertheless I thought I should contribute to the thread. I'll let you know how I like the zst's compared to the atrs once I get them!

Jan 6, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #15,145 of 64,385
Hi dondonut welcome to the forum, I am happy to see you getting addicted! :smiley: We all are here so you are in a good company :smiley: feel free to contribute as much as you only wish :smiley: and I hope you will be as thrilled with ZST as me and many others !

Jan 6, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #15,146 of 64,385
CoiL
Sorry, I read your post on the "brain burn in" late. It's a +1 for me.

Mind you, I remember auditioning the grados sr80 and 325 a long long time ago and I personally didn't liked them even though many people have high regards for them. We need to keep on reminding ourselves that people just have different preferences and we have to respect each other for that.
let's keep the peace and continue appreciating each others destructive comments. :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

The Human Hearing is most sensitive in the Mid,s and not in the Heights, because that's where the Human Voice is situated.:wink_face:   

And that's ware the Big Can,s licke the ATH-M50 do the Damage, the Hurt match more than IEM,s when the get to Laud.  

CoiL is referring to high frequencies and hey! I own a pair of M50s and my hearing is still fine. is it? Lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok back on topic.

Are the zs3's still worth it, or the new stuff overtakes it? 
With my ATE i discovered i prefer normal IEM's over this ones with this shapes and over the ear cable. Because with normal ones you just snap them in and start listening, but with this ones, specially now that i'm with long hair they can get quite annoying to put on.
My edr1's(or edr2? i cant remember) were quite beat up but they seemed to have disappeared last week, so now i'm stuck with a ATE missing a tip (i lost it somehow).

And a zs3 i ordered 3 or 4 months ago havent reached me and just now i remembered i bought them and contacted the seller, i hope i can get a pair of them now.
Has kz released new stuff in the "normal" IEM market, or are they focusing only in over ear designs now? What model would you guys recommend?
My s3's seemed to have pretty poor durability, with 2 pairs losing one side audio after pretty low usage.

I would recommend a visit to the barber shop. :stuck_out_tongue: kidding aside, get that seller to send you the ZS3 asap, it is all worth it. It is also possible that you may not want to take them off so that will definitely save you the hassle. Also, use some ear hooks to keep it in place as the memory wire is a bit annoying. And I think wearing them down is impossible as they are shaped like customs.

"Ok I got curious if it would be possible to fit them in reverse so I can wear them down and the answer is..... *drum rolls*... I can't. It wasn't a good seal, falls down, memory wire looks funny plus I look stupid." :joy::joy::joy:

Btw, I'll keep an eye on your post once you receive your pair, we may not have the same preference but I am hoping you'll like them as I already invested hyping you up lol. :joy:#hype

I like the ZS3 more than the ZST and ATE/R etc., they have a fun bassy sound with great isolation

We are on the same boat. If liking the ZS3 and ATR more than the ZST means I'm a basshead, then therefore I am. :beers:

Heeeeey mate, don't be too salty, your opinions are very welcome here. I'm more newb than you in this forums but I have to say you got way too aggressive with your previous posts. and to be honest, this bourgeois people you are talking about are people who already established a reputation here hence more people are taking their word against yours, but that doesnt necessarily mean all the people here doesn't like your opinion. Always remember, you don't get respect by forcing an arm, You get respect because you earned it.

So I say, take a break, come back fresh and when you do, try to be more objective and less subjective of your posts. You're always welcome here, everybody is. And oh btw, Get well. :beers:

dondonut
Welcome my fellow newb. I came from xiaomi pistons too before diving head first in budget-fi, chifi iems and I say start massaging your wife/girlfriend's mindset of what is about to happen to you because I am 100% sure once she sees you got 3 pairs of goodlooking iems lying on your table it is WAR. She will probably think you're spending your life savings for audio gears that will make you ignore her for life.

If you liked what you're hearing from the ATR, It's safe to say the ZS3 is the direct upgrade you need not the ZST. You'd be dumbfounded for its amazing soundstage that you will not believe it is only $8. :beers:

"Positive + Negative = Positive but Positive + Positive = #HYPE"
Sorry for the very long post here's a potato.

Jan 6, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #15,147 of 64,385
To.M thanks for the warm words :)

Kerkyboi thanks! haha for now I'll wait till I have the zst untill I buy something else!
I chose the ZST because I wasn't necessarily looking for more bass. Knowing myself I'll probably order the zs3 soon as well tho, they're all too cheap to pass up on :') Way more forgiving on the wallet than women at least.

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #15,148 of 64,385
So, khighly left? That sucks :/

In other news, my ATR arrived today and I can give first impressions on it.
The fit was a bit confusing at first but I think I've got it, the stock 'small' tips seem to be the right fit for me.
Using my Benjie S5 to listen it sounds great, using my terrible phone it seems to be less clear.
Sub-bass is less than what I'm used to but not as bad as I expected it to be, for most genres there's enough for fun listening.
Mids are louder than on my standard IEMs but they're super v-shaped so that's not a surprise.
I think they sound really good, and the fit is good for running.

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #15,149 of 64,385
These zst are bluddy amazing. Despite earlier quibbles about source, they are currently sounding amazing with my colorfly c3. Reverted back to spiral dot tips, they're up there with the vsd3s and vsd5s at a fraction of the cost. Gobsmacked.

Thankyou dudes in the KZ thread :blush:

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #15,150 of 64,385
The "secret" to a healthy conversation is to stay subjective, once you shout personal views as the absolute right you instantly lose any respect you may have and you sound like a total idiot(except if your target audience has an undeveloped character, quite common), I am a low post count user as well but I have a great time in this forum :p
This is supposed to be 101 stuff, but I guess it's not.

EDIT: Dun goofed lol, I will leave the post to its initial form, just read subjective as objective and vice versa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back