Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 2, 2016 at 6:22 AM Post #13,952 of 63,914
some posts saying ATR's are improved successor of ATE's were the main reason why i decided to purchase them aswell and for it's price why not, if i'm not mistaken these are the cheapest and one of the best sounding in kz iem line :D

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #13,953 of 63,914
  M`kay, YOU saying it sounded good makes me want them again. Did You listen to colorful or "checkered" version?

hahaha! Just the regular carbon-ish version. I also listened to the 4in1 at the same time, again VERY briefly, and handily preferred the ZST. The mids on the 4in1 were just way too sucked out for my preferences. I don't know if the ZST will be your kind of earphone though. Can't see anyone thinking they're lacking bass, if you know what I mean. Treble didn't seem harsh or grainy either, though with the amount of time I spent with them it could easily have been missed. When Canada Post finally delivers my pair (well, two pairs), I'll post some proper impressions.

Dec 2, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #13,955 of 63,914

M`kay, YOU saying it sounded good makes me want them again. Did You listen to colorful or "checkered" version?

hahaha! Just the regular carbon-ish version. I also listened to the 4in1 at the same time, again VERY briefly, and handily preferred the ZST. The mids on the 4in1 were just way too sucked out for my preferences. I don't know if the ZST will be your kind of earphone though. Can't see anyone thinking they're lacking bass, if you know what I mean. Treble didn't seem harsh or grainy either, though with the amount of time I spent with them it could easily have been missed. When Canada Post finally delivers my pair (well, two pairs), I'll post some proper impressions.

Thanks. I also don`t like sucked out mids but my 4in1 is quite neutral in mids but this is due to high impedance cable and Spiral Dot tips which gives more "life" to mids section and tames bass slightly. But I also would like to have more mids and larger soundstage than 4in1, that`s why I rate them 3rd/4th in my personal subjective taste profile list and prefer KZ ATE 2nd gen FF-mod / ATR / ATE 5th gen over them. 
Because of Your initial positive feedback I`m starting to have more faith in ZST but I hope they do not have same foward and inside headstage mids and mid-bass presentation/imaging as LZ A2S.
Waiting for Your proper impressions!

Dec 2, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #13,956 of 63,914
  Thanks. I also don`t like sucked out mids but my 4in1 is quite neutral in mids but this is due to high impedance cable and Spiral Dot tips which gives more "life" to mids section and tames bass slightly. But I also would like to have more mids and larger soundstage than 4in1, that`s why I rate them 3rd/4th in my personal subjective taste profile list and prefer KZ ATE 2nd gen FF-mod / ATR / ATE 5th gen over them. 
Because of Your initial positive feedback I`m starting to have more faith in ZST but I hope they do not have same foward and inside headstage mids and mid-bass presentation/imaging as LZ A2S.

I'll definitely let you know what I think of them vs. the A2S. 
beerchug.gif
  More importantly, I'll also be comparing to the Huawei AM175 which is easily my favorite of the sub-100 USD hybrids I own. That thing is completely underappreciated around here.

Dec 2, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #13,957 of 63,914

I'll definitely let you know what I think of them vs. the A2S. More importantly, I'll also be comparing to the Huawei AM175 which is easily my favorite of the sub-100 USD hybrids I own. That thing is completely underappreciated around here.

You don`t have to compare them with A2S - just telling me that they don`t have such inside headstage foward mids/mid-bass presentation and lot better frontal depth/distance is enough :wink:
I`m more interested how those good batch ZST`s will compare to 5th gen ATE and BK50 as I find latter two very similar to each-other in terms of large soundstage, great frontal depth and imaging. Also sweet detailed mids and slightly smoothed highs.

Dec 2, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #13,961 of 63,914
 Hi guys. Looking for a KZ with good mids, not basshead but good bass, and not excessive and fatigant trebles, with good soundstage.  Is there any model with these requeriments? 

Any Time Refreshment.......but pls wait for some others to pour in their recommendations!

Dec 2, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #13,964 of 63,914
First impressions:
I think I've got a used or at least opened ZS3. The package had no foil around it, scratches on the inner plastic, also the cable was formed to the wrong direction on the right site (Like someone had tried to plug it in in the opposite direction and then fitted it to their ears) and the package with the tips seemed to be either poorly sealed or opened once. Maybe because of the wrongly inserted cable they were sent back, the right side sounded faulty at first until I rearranged the cable. (I didn't knew how the cable should be connected so I took the form of the earhooks as a clue)
Nontheless they sound awesome 
biggrin.gif
 For me this is the next Jackpot after the ED3. Beside a tiny bit of too much bass this is the sound signature I'm looking for right now. 
Well, one man's loss is another one's gain.
The ATR actually sounds pretty alike. A bit artificial in direct comparison. Not bad though, but I'll prefer the ZS3.

I've had the Urbanfun to listen to music for the last few days and what I missed where those exciting highs. They are still good headphones and have their treble but it sounds dull. Maybe that's what many refer to as "sparkling highs", something I really crave right now.

Now I really wonder how the ZST will perform. 

Edit: There's a sticker on it "QC 76" so it might really be tested and therefor opened?

Dec 2, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #13,965 of 63,914
First impressions:
I think I've got a used or at least opened ZS3. The package had no foil around it, scratches on the inner plastic, also the cable was formed to the wrong direction on the right site (Like someone had tried to plug it in in the opposite direction and then fitted it to their ears) and the package with the tips seemed to be either poorly sealed or opened once. Maybe because of the wrongly inserted cable they were sent back, the right side sounded faulty at first until I rearranged the cable. (I didn't knew how the cable should be connected so I took the form of the earhooks as a clue)
Nontheless they sound awesome :D  For me this is the next Jackpot after the ED3. Beside a tiny bit of too much bass this is the sound signature I'm looking for right now. 
Well, one man's loss is another one's gain.
The ATR actually sounds pretty alike. A bit artificial in direct comparison. Not bad though, but I'll prefer the ZS3.

I've had the Urbanfun to listen to music for the last few days and what I missed where those exciting highs. They are still good headphones and have their treble but it sounds dull. Maybe that's what many refer to as "sparkling highs", something I really crave right now.

Now I really wonder how the ZST will perform. 

Edit: There's a sticker on it "QC 76" so it might really be tested and therefor opened?

Did you by any chance order them from amazon.de? Because I ordered them there and they came opened as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back