Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 29, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #13,846 of 63,914

Only 2nd gen ATE FF-mod 
tongue.gif

On details as well? I tried open back ATEs back then I wasn't really that impressed(Great but not really that much "Better", different is the right word to use for my case) but then again I don't have the same setup as yours, I got 2 pairs this time probably will try the FF-mod on 1 pair, and depending my impressions I may as well stock 5-6 pairs for future proofing at 4$ xD.

I don't know what to except with ATRs, ATE had a really pleasant sound signature, buttery smooth and forward mids were their pros as I remember them.

P.S FF-mod as open back hole, don't have the option to use wood.

Well, if You remember about my FF-mod, then it wasn`t mainly about making them open back (which had minor effect)  or closing port holes but whole new nozzle from ED9 (brass)  - that has the main effect about highs and details :wink:

Btw, took a pic from my ATR mod:

Nov 29, 2016 at 6:12 AM Post #13,847 of 63,914
My ED9 arrived yesterday. Just WOW. Incredible detailed and balanced sound.
This is my first quality IEM and I'm really impressed.

However, I really didn't like the build quality of the 1 button mic.
The button was out of its place in the package. I had to put it back. It works, but it really feels loose there.

About SQ; can it be improved with some burn-in? On what kind of music should I burn it? How many hours?

Now, waiting for my monk+ and rock zircons :)

Nov 29, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #13,848 of 63,914
  Well, if You remember about my FF-mod, then it wasn`t mainly about making them open back (which had minor effect)  or closing port holes but whole new nozzle from ED9 (brass)  - that has the main effect about highs and details :wink:

Awesome mod as usual, yeah just remembered that you modded the nozzle as well.
Welp, I don't have the gear to attempt it(FF-Mod) but will try a simple "Closing the small hole and open back" mod, XD.
I remember liking that "airiness" of the "open back".

Also what type of connector is that? I would like a removable cable for my ATR, may try that as well.

Nov 29, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #13,850 of 63,914
  This dude is some KZ fan too. Apparently according to him it seems the colourful ZST "pro" is really better: https://www.amazon.com/gp/review/RKJN9WED56MK?ref_=glimp_1rv_cl

maybe they are different, maybe it's QC variation, maybe it's different batches.
since the first impressions of the ZST were bad, but the later reports are much more positive, maybe they have changed something.
Would be interesting to know if the difference between checkered and colorful ZST ordered now, at the same time sounds different.

Nov 29, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #13,851 of 63,914

Also what type of connector is that? I would like a removable cable for my ATR, may try that as well.

Typical MMCX connector. It`s quite easy to implement with ATR/ATE/ATE-S.

Btw, will probably try to use modified ED9 gold nozzles on ATR too but I doubt that it will improve soundstage/details further. 

Nov 29, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #13,854 of 63,914
  The colorful ZST and silver cable ordered 2 days ago from the official Aliexpress Store just shipped a couple minutes ago :D And my ZS3 should arrive today, yay

The ZS3 are pretty fun, I go back and forth between them and the KZ ATE. What they lack in articulation and imaging that the ATE have, they make up with nice bass and a more fun warm sound.

Nov 29, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #13,855 of 63,914
hi guys, I've received my ZS3 yesterday, I tried to plug the cable to the iem but it seems the left one are harder to plug than the right one and not plugged in completely like the right side. Is there somebody here having the problem like this?
I bought them because my ATR's housing broke on both side, I hope the ZS3 better than the ATR :wink:
thanks before :)

Nov 29, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #13,856 of 63,914
Anyone have experience with the Aliexpress seller KZ Official Store? I ordered two iem's on 11.11 and it appears they've yet to ship (I have a tracking # but it doesn't seem to be real). I figured they wouldn't arrive till December, but thought they would have shipped by now.

Nov 29, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #13,857 of 63,914
Nov 29, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #13,858 of 63,914
hi guys, I've received my ZS3 yesterday, I tried to plug the cable to the iem but it seems the left one are harder to plug than the right one and not plugged in completely like the right side. Is there somebody here having the problem like this?
I bought them because my ATR's housing broke on both side, I hope the ZS3 better than the ATR :wink:
thanks before :)

Check to see if the 2 pins and female socket of ZS3 are of no difference in diameter..of both ear-pieces and/or try plugging the right side cable into left ear-piece....strange on ATR,So you meant to say that both shells of ATR broke or its just the glued parts came apart?

Nov 29, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #13,859 of 63,914
Anyone have experience with the Aliexpress seller KZ Official Store? I ordered two iem's on 11.11 and it appears they've yet to ship (I have a tracking # but it doesn't seem to be real). I figured they wouldn't arrive till December, but thought they would have shipped by now.

I do. Ordered KZ cables for repairs on another pair of headphones, also on 11.11. They shipped it the very next day, and the order came in record time (10 days) to Croatia. Plus, they sent 2 cables (I thought it would only be 1) and both came in an IEM carrying case which was apparently a gift. So from my experience, they're legit.

Nov 29, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #13,860 of 63,914

I do. Ordered KZ cables for repairs on another pair of headphones, also on 11.11. They shipped it the very next day, and the order came in record time (10 days) to Croatia. Plus, they sent 2 cables (I thought it would only be 1) and both came in an IEM carrying case which was apparently a gift. So from my experience, they're legit.

The ones they sell for $2~? I was about to pull the trigger on 3-4 for some MH1 recabling like the old times.
Glad to hear they are generous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back