Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 23, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #13,652 of 63,916
funny that you all are talking about fit and isolation.

i just tried on the L sized silicone tips and they fit PERFECT, IEM-Noob-me, i always used a M foam tip so i figured i should be a M silicone tip. but i opened up the box, and what the heck, just tried some L tips and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.....

THE WORLD IS WONDERFUL AGAIN....

on that note, anyone has sweet silicone tips to recommend?

Nov 23, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #13,653 of 63,916
  funny that you all are talking about fit and isolation.

i just tried on the L sized silicone tips and they fit PERFECT, IEM-Noob-me, i always used a M foam tip so i figured i should be a M silicone tip. but i opened up the box, and what the heck, just tried some L tips and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.....

THE WORLD IS WONDERFUL AGAIN....

on that note, anyone has sweet silicone tips to recommend?

Haha fit is essential for good sound on universals? Try KZ starline or other brands like spiral dots? I'm sticking with starline for now.

Nov 23, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #13,654 of 63,916
i received a pair of "rounded foams" (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Comply-1-pair-super-comfortable-isolation-headphone-Tips-headset-memory-foam-sponge-earphone-ear-pads-earpiece/32477744702.html)
and decided to try them on my ZS3 that i've never really achieved a good fit with neither a couple different silicone tips or regular comply/foams.
I must say that now i can at least use the ZS3 and get a fair chance to evaluate their qualities
smily_headphones1.gif

i have had the same fit problems others have had as well, but at least for now i can use them. I have some KZ starline tips on a slow boat from china as well that i will try when they arrive

Nov 23, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #13,655 of 63,916
  i received a pair of "rounded foams" (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Comply-1-pair-super-comfortable-isolation-headphone-Tips-headset-memory-foam-sponge-earphone-ear-pads-earpiece/32477744702.html)
and decided to try them on my ZS3 that i've never really achieved a good fit with neither a couple different silicone tips or regular comply/foams.
I must say that now i can at least use the ZS3 and get a fair chance to evaluate their qualities
smily_headphones1.gif

i have had the same fit problems others have had as well, but at least for now i can use them. I have some KZ starline tips on a slow boat from china as well that i will try when they arrive

What size did you get?

Nov 23, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #13,658 of 63,916
Nov 23, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #13,660 of 63,916
Haven't got my ED12's from GearBest and I'm starting to get unexcited about it after reading your reviews, this is going to be the 1st KZ I will own and I hope it isn't all that bad. Also ordered the ZS3, ATR and ZST but will probably get my hands on them end of next month judging by how slow GearBest shipping is for my ED12's. Late Christmas presents maybe. 
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 23, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #13,661 of 63,916
  Haven't got my ED12's from GearBest and I'm starting to get unexcited about it after reading your reviews, this is going to be the 1st KZ I will own and I hope it isn't all that bad. Also ordered the ZS3, ATR and ZST but will probably get my hands on them end of next month judging by how slow GearBest shipping is for my ED12's. Late Christmas presents maybe. 
tongue_smile.gif

ED12. Awful. Just awful. Not kidding.

Your zs3,atr,zst will be worth the wait.

Nov 23, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #13,662 of 63,916
It's been a while since I dabbled in KZ in-ears. I see the ZS3 and ZST popping up here and there. Which one would you recommend for someone who likes a laidback sound signature and a bit of bass emphasis yet is not keen on a very sharp high end? My hearing can't really deal with too crispy upper mids/highs around 5-8 KhZ for some reason.

Nov 23, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #13,663 of 63,916
  It's been a while since I dabbled in KZ in-ears. I see the ZS3 and ZST popping up here and there. Which one would you recommend for someone who likes a laidback sound signature and a bit of bass emphasis yet is not keen on a very sharp high end? My hearing can't really deal with too crispy upper mids/highs around 5-8 KhZ for some reason.

I think the ZST or the ATR would be the best options in KZ's lineup according to your taste, but I may be wrong. Just going by impressions I've read on this forum.

Nov 23, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #13,664 of 63,916

Zs3 and Atr would both be OK, zs3 has a bit less treble than the Atr but both are very good. Reading some impressions about zst are that they're not really good, but most agree about zs3 and Atr so I'd go with them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back