Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 4, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #11,911 of 63,919
You did it. You forced me to pull the trigger on these after seeing a single digits price. You delayed my **** UEs order. I hope you're proud of yourselves. haha
The seller shows both shiny and matte versions. I'll let you know what I end up with.
Shipping results from eBay are about 30-35 days to Toronto so we'll see if Gearbest is quicker.

Sep 4, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #11,913 of 63,919
  @B9Scrambler  How do ZS3 compare to for example LZ Z03A? Ive read that LZ03A has a bit lacking bass,i dont like that.

Haven't tried the Z03A yet. Only LZ I've used is the A2S and I would take the ZS3 10/10 times. Not a huge fan of the A2S. Way too much midbass, among other things that do not line up with my preferences.

Sep 4, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #11,914 of 63,919
  Any Canadians that ordered the ZS3s from fulllove365 on ebay? Ordered on August 15, the listing says they should be here by the october 6th, but I don't have much hope. 
Should I just go ahead and order them from gearbest and eat the $12 for expidited shipping so I get them within a week, or just wait it out for the ebay ones?

I ordered mine from him, being in West EU it usually should be here in 1,5-2 weeks (yes very lucky about that) though it should have arrived 3 weeks ago already. Dont know if it is shipped at all because other orders already arrived.

Sep 4, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #11,915 of 63,919
The ZS3 has a better sound signature, nut Z03A has higher sound quality. If I EQ, I prefer the Z03A.

Also, I compared the ZS3 to the ED8, and as I suspected, sound wise they are about identical, only the weight and fit are very different, which is why it is hard to recommend the ED8.

Sep 4, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #11,916 of 63,919

@B9Scrambler  How do ZS3 compare to for example LZ Z03A? Ive read that LZ03A has a bit lacking bass,i dont like that.

Haven't tried the Z03A yet. Only LZ I've used is the A2S and I would take the ZS3 10/10 times. Not a huge fan of the A2S. Way too much midbass, among other things that do not line up with my preferences.

I`m with You about A2S - mid-bass boost and too "intimate" and not quite accurate imaging for me. According to what I`ve read about Z03A from respected reviewers that I usually agree, Z03A are nothing special and some even consider them under average. It was kind of hype train that took many to wrong destination. 

But about ZS3... if it is really as good as B9S says, then go for it. Makes me little itchy to try KZ after long break.

Btw, how is ZS3 compared to **** 4in1 ? I doubt it comes close but wonder how far it is? Maybe some modifications can do wonders with it like with my ATE FF-mod which are still up in top and on par with **** 4in1`s 
tongue.gif

Sep 4, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #11,918 of 63,919
  I`m with You about A2S - mid-bass boost and too "intimate" and not quite accurate imaging for me. According to what I`ve read about Z03A from respected reviewers that I usually agree, Z03A are nothing special and some even consider them under average. It was kind of hype train that took many to wrong destination. 

But about ZS3... if it is really as good as B9S says, then go for it. Makes me little itchy to try KZ after long break.

Btw, how is ZS3 compared to **** 4in1 ? I doubt it comes close but wonder how far it is? Maybe some modifications can do wonders with it like with my ATE FF-mod which are still up in top and on par with **** 4in1`s 
tongue.gif

Geeez,even more choices now.Idk what to get.I was between Zircon or ZS3.Now this.God damn it.

Sep 4, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #11,921 of 63,919
  @chavez Could always try the YHC S600 if you're feeling adventurous. Not a bad earphone. Super cheap too. Just hope you have some spare tips in case the preinstalled medium ones don't fit. No extras included.

I believe in your judgement,ive been here since EDSE was a flagship,and while im talking about them,I have them to my sister and now I want some iem that has a nice bass,not something like ZS1's.I've migrated from EDSE/ED2 to Monk's so you know why i want some more bass for my EDM.

Sep 4, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #11,922 of 63,919
  I believe in your judgement,ive been here since EDSE was a flagship,and while im talking about them,I have them to my sister and now I want some iem that has a nice bass,not something like ZS1's.I've migrated from EDSE/ED2 to Monk's so you know why i want some more bass for my EDM.

Bass on the S600 is boisterous like on the ZS1, but their midrange and treble has more presence. I'll be honest in that I prefer the ZS1, but I have an unreasonable appreciation for that earphone
biggrin.gif
. The ZS3 is probably still your best bet. It sounds great and works very well with EDM (DnB in particular), the genre I frequent the most. At the current Gearbest price you can't go wrong.

Sep 4, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #11,923 of 63,919

Bass on the S600 is boisterous like on the ZS1, but their midrange and treble has more presence. I'll be honest in that I prefer the ZS1, but I have an unreasonable appreciation for that earphone
biggrin.gif
. The ZS3 is probably still your best bet. It sounds great and works very well with EDM (DnB in particular), the genre I frequent the most. At the current Gearbest price you can't go wrong.

Yeah,the price is shocking,idk what is up with that but im digging it :D .

Also did anyone order ED12 yet?

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2016-Original-KZ-ED12-In-Ear-Earphone-Stereo-Running-Sport-Earphone-Noise-Cancelling-HIFI-Bss-Monito/519064_32721765415.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back