Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 4, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #11,555 of 64,271
Bro I'd like you to compare them to the ed9s regarding neutralish sound. Don't they sound any bit neutral, you don't have to compare them extensively as I won't buy them then
smily_headphones1.gif
at $10 though with possible neutral sound...

Sorry for the delay Ruben, I never get notifications from Head-Fi anymore but I think its more our server security at work than Head-Fi! I think they are neutral but I will say my ED9's have a more bass forward sound than the ZS3 at least to my old ears. I'm not really a bass hound as long as it's not muddled bass and hits solid. The ZS3 is not my first grab KZ and even my black ED9 has been back burnered
eek.gif
(Never thought I'd hear myself say that)!

For me the fit, finish and seal make the ZS3 ideal, it's with my ultra light porto rig. The bass hits just a little better with external power I have found
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Aug 4, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #11,556 of 64,271
Sorry for the delay Ruben, I never get notifications from Head-Fi anymore but I think its more our server security at work than Head-Fi! I think they are neutral but I will say my ED9's have a more bass forward sound than the ZS3 at least to my old ears. I'm not really a bass hound as long as it's not muddled bass and hits solid. The ZS3 is not my first grab KZ and even my black ED9 has been back burnered:eek: (Never thought I'd hear myself say that)!

For me the fit, finish and seal make the ZS3 ideal, it's with my ultra light porto rig. The bass hits just a little better with external power I have found:wink_face:

:beerchug:

Thanks my friend, I'm afraid I've got to empty my wallet again....

Aug 4, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #11,557 of 64,271
Thanks my friend, I'm afraid I've got to empty my wallet again....

I hear ya, my NOT above was supposed to be my NOW first grab KZ! These are easily an $20 iem and one you can really enjoy on just about any device, I'm thinking KZ is finally (however slow) stepping up their game. Had to do a little tip rolling at first but settled or should I say the Trinity double flange worked the best for me with these puppies
wink_face.gif

My ATR's should be here any minute as well, I hope they are going to be the AMG version of the ATE's
tongue_smile.gif

beerchug.gif

Aug 4, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #11,558 of 64,271
I hear ya, my NOT above was supposed to be my NOW first grab KZ! These are easily an $20 iem and one you can really enjoy on just about any device, I'm thinking KZ is finally (however slow) stepping up their game. Had to do a little tip rolling at first but settled or should I say the Trinity double flange worked the best for me with these puppies:wink_face:

My ATR's should be here any minute as well, I hope they are going to be the AMG version of the ATE's:tongue_smile:

:beerchug:

Still I don't understand... Even less bass than the ed9? That's great news!

Aug 4, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #11,559 of 64,271
Still I don't understand... Even less bass than the ed9? That's great news!

Yep, and absolutely nothing like the ZS1 or 2 which were to bass head iem's IMO. I run the gold filters on my 9's and they have about all the bass I need, keep in mind I'm basing this on sub $15 iem's I've heard. Usually for more money always comes refinement, so I've heard much better everything but it is always at a cost. I have over 30 iem's now and I find out more every day while listening to the different ones but I also have them in a range from $350 to $9!

Aug 4, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #11,560 of 64,271
Yep, and absolutely nothing like the ZS1 or 2 which were to bass head iem's IMO. I run the gold filters on my 9's and they have about all the bass I need, keep in mind I'm basing this on sub $15 iem's I've heard. Usually for more money always comes refinement, so I've heard much better everything but it is always at a cost. I have over 30 iem's now and I find out more every day while listening to the different ones but I also have them in a range from $350 to $9!

Is it ok to have 100 iems?

Aug 4, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #11,561 of 64,271

OK :) I use the copper ones but the difference in bass quantity isn't as big as one might think. Think I'll order one tomorrow, if only for their looks... Dang

Aug 5, 2016 at 5:57 AM Post #11,562 of 64,271
Hi all I am currently into budget iems heard many good reviews about kz products in the end I am debating whether I should go with the KZ ZS3, Rock Zircons, Xiaomi Hybrid, or Auglamour R8. Feel free to leave your opinions I am a newbie in the audio world so I hope you all can help guide me along.

Aug 5, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #11,563 of 64,271
KZ ZS3 quite neutral but still maintain the woofer like bass.

Aug 5, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #11,564 of 64,271
Does anyone have a recommendation for a replacement cable for the ZS3?  I prefer one with memory wire (which a lot of people don't) instead of the "pre-bent" plastic covering that the stock cable has.  If anything, the pre-bent cable almost forces them out of my ears more often than not.  I can't tell if it's an old style UE 2-pin, ES/UM, or just "generic".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back