beerchug.gif

This just in, ED9 is the Official Pace IEM for the 2016 Formula 1
eek.gif

May 3, 2016 at 3:00 AM Post #10,975 of 63,914

Does anyone?
beerchug.gif

This just in, ED9 is the Official Pace IEM for the 2016 Formula 1
eek.gif

You should get that "Patent" before someone takes your idea!  
tongue.gif

ED9, EDR2, ATE, ZN1 Mini, HDS1....lots of good ones, just depends on your sound signature preference 
beerchug.gif

+1 So true! .....We're all hearing the same thing, but might prefer different sound signatures over others. Cheers! 
beerchug.gif

May 3, 2016 at 3:26 AM Post #10,976 of 63,914
The ED9s are quite balanced so long as you avoid using the Bass nozzle. However they have almost no isolation so are only really suitable for home use.

They dont isolate that bad I think, which doesnt mean you should use it on the go per se but Ive done it quite often and when there is not too much noise it is quite good :)

May 3, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #10,977 of 63,914

They dont isolate that bad I think, which doesnt mean you should use it on the go per se but Ive done it quite often and when there is not too much noise it is quite good :)

Well, it depends on where you are walking. If you're in the country-side, on a calm day, sure I can see them working for you but they're not a good match for an urban area.

I went for a walk in them yesterday and theywere unusable whenever the wind hit me or whenever traffic passed me. The cable microphonics are also pretty extreme which makes them even more unsuitable for mobile use. 

In my office, they're fine - on the go, not so much.

May 3, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #10,980 of 63,914
So little test again, HDS1 vs ED9 vs Monoprice 8320 with small bore tips with Mozart 35th Symphony.

HDS1 loses too much detail in the treble, sounds a bit overly bassy but still very good. Very comfortable/
ED9 brass sounds too a bit bassy, but sure with nicer mids and treble. Doesnt sound very "true" like, but sure involving.
MP8320 sounds the very most balanced and treble has much more detail than the others. Mids too have more detail and the sound is less congested. I find HDS1 sound a bit congested, ED9 a bit less but MP8320 sound almost like earbuds/headphones. Relaxing wide sound stage. Bass is quite some less than ED9's too, of a lesser quantity and quality (more like a one note bass on the lower end of the spectrum).Well not that the quality isnt that good: I prefer it to the ED9's, but the ED9 sounds excellent at how it sounds (being great at a bit bassier than neutral IEM) and the MP is actually much more true sounding, though the lowest notes can sound the same. Can, because of the roll off. ED9s certainly got my attention again!!! Very fun to listen to. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back