Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 30, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #10,936 of 63,916
Guess you could be right. My eyesight ain't good enough to see wax on the nozzle, but then those pores are just too small. Must be loads in there. Cleaning eartips is a major pain. I'm a major slob.....
Though I do clean my ears with q-tips.....but then I do so for the pleasure!

Eyeing triple flanges for quite some time. Just a bit apprehensive is they'll fit me. My ears are too small :frowning2:

May 1, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #10,937 of 63,916
After 200 hours of Wax-In you definitely gonna' lose some treble. :ksc75smile:

This wax starts as watery condensation in the outer ear canal from a special gland and solidifies, you should clean your ears and earphones as often as you can.
By the way, I found that if you have something in the ear (like earphones ) more wax is produced to get rid of the foreign object.
http://kidshealth.org/en/kids/earwax.html

Obviously you don't burn-in for hours in your ears, so you have no concept of the technique and clearly no experience of it, so really science is just separating you from the real life experience of the technique. But cool you stick to being statistical and theoretical theirs no harm in it I suppose.

May 1, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #10,938 of 63,916
Obviously you don't burn-in for hours in your ears, so you have no concept of the technique and clearly no experience of it, so really science is just separating you from the real life experience of the technique. But cool you stick to being statistical and theoretical theirs no harm in it I suppose.

He's talking about wax getting into the nozzle/filters, pay attention to the thread. chill out.

May 2, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #10,943 of 63,916

http://www.head-fi.org/t/806634/kz-ed-special-edition-vs-ve-monk

Anyone familiar with both Monks (or other cheap chinese earbud) and KZ - care to give your opinion. Yeah, obviously IEM and earbuds dont directly can be compared but there might be someone on the verge of buying either one as a portable listening gear and dont mind isolation capabilities. When I asked in Monk thread the reception was sour at least to say 
tongue.gif
. I am actually curious if there are people who find Monks better when comparing side-by-side.

I have both the KZ-ATE and the Monk and feel that I enjoy the Monk a lot more.  The KZ-ATE is a little too warm for my taste, while the Monk has such superb clarity and soundstage.  Ultimately, we're comparing apples to oranges since one is IEM and the other earbud, and I'm also biased towards earbuds, as I don't like the plugging feeling of pressure in my ear from an IEM.

Monk > ATE (stock 2nd gen translucent black non-S version). In heavily modified configuration ATE is almost on Monk level but still loses little. 

Guys, aren`t Your problem related to nozzle mesh grills getting jammed with earwax or dust? If You dare, remove them. Been using my ATE long time without grills and no issues with wax/dust getting into (I clean my ears regularly and keep IEM`s in case). But yeh, my ATE FF-mod has totally different nozzles anyway. Maybe this issue can be somehow from driver flex?
I remember some days when I pushed ATE into ear and sound got little "dull" but after re-inserting it went away.

Now that you mention it. I just took a picture with my macro lens and this is what the grill looks like:

I do not know if that is ear wax or glue residues from the factory, probably both. What do you think doctor?
Do you think this is the culprit for the ATE's losing its mojo?

I do not dare to remove the grill. What if the earwax falls directly into the diaphragm? 
Do you think I can just puncture the grill with a very sharp needle to reopen the holes?

ATE grills are very prone to wax collection imo. If You clean Your ears regularly, then there shouldn`t be any problems with wax falling onto diaphragm. Btw, ATE driver has shell around it with small port in middle... where to is quite hard to "fall some wax".

May 2, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #10,944 of 63,916
KZ thread became Wax thread since some time. Desperately waiting for them to release something to chew on.

May 2, 2016 at 5:59 AM Post #10,946 of 63,916
http://www.head-fi.org/t/806634/kz-ed-special-edition-vs-ve-monk

Anyone familiar with both Monks (or other cheap chinese earbud) and KZ - care to give your opinion. Yeah, obviously IEM and earbuds dont directly can be compared but there might be someone on the verge of buying either one as a portable listening gear and dont mind isolation capabilities. When I asked in Monk thread the reception was sour at least to say :p . I am actually curious if there are people who find Monks better when comparing side-by-side.

I own the Monks, ATE (original, non S variant), ED9 and ZN1 Mini.

I prefer the sound of the Monks with doughnut foams over the IEMs, for me the soundstage is much wider and the mids are sweeter. However, as previous posters have said, they have different uses. I use the Monks at home and when my office is quiet, but I reach for my ATE when I'm travelling, and the ZN1 when my office gets a little noisy, for the increased isolation.

May 2, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #10,947 of 63,916
Obviously you don't burn-in for hours in your ears, so you havo ee no concept of the technique and clearly nxperience of it, so really science is just separating you from the real life experience of the technique. But cool you stick to being statistical and theoretical theirs no harm in it I suppose.

He's talking about wax getting into the nozzle/filters, pay attention to the thread. chill out.

Yeh maybe i just read too much into his sarcasm of '200 hours wax-in'lol or maybe i didn't.

Yeah lol, I guess we'll find out once he responds, not sure why he said "200 hours"

Maybe he is burning in by using it?

Yeh that's what i thought, which isn't really the correct way to burn in hence my rant along with Mr Freeman's burn-in posts, oh well who knows.

Yes, I was being completely sarcastic.
Let's just say that I'm a strong believer the "Burn-In without listening" has the same weight as "Audiophile Power Cord".

"science is just separating you from the real life experience" is EXACTLY what I'm talking about but upside down.
"Real life experience" depends on how much coca-cola you smoked today, while "Science" makes sure the measurement microphone is always sober...:wink:

In fact, I'm going to make that my signature :D

May 2, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #10,948 of 63,916
Let's just say that I'm a strong believer the "Burn-In without listening" has the same weight as "Audiophile Power Cord".

"science is just separating you from the real life experience" is EXACTLY what I'm talking about but upside down.
"Real life experience" depends on how much coca-cola you smoked today, while "Science" makes sure the measurement microphone is always sober...:wink:

Haha yeh i know it's one of those back and forth ones, I'm curious does science detect instruments separation and clarity or just frequency response also has science been able to replicate the human ear exactly like for like in an artificial form. If so i would be grateful if you could direct me to those online articles evidencing this. I'm abit behind on science you see. (Sorry KZ thread this will be my last non related post)

May 2, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #10,949 of 63,916
  After 200 hours of Wax-In you definitely gonna' lose some treble.
ksc75smile.gif

This wax starts as watery condensation in the outer ear canal from a special gland and solidifies, you should clean your ears and earphones as often as you can.
By the way, I found that if you have something in the ear (like earphones ) more wax is produced to get rid of the foreign object.
http://kidshealth.org/en/kids/earwax.html

I have a little ritual that I clean my ear canals with a q-tip before listening, helps with the seal. I also remove my tips periodically and wash them in warm water with some dish soap, rinse the **** out of them and let them dry overnight in a paper towel. I also clean my ears after my shower each morning...if you use iem's you gotta keep those ears super clean.

btw I also use a clean white cotton cloth and clean nozzles every now and then...amazing what you get off them! 
eek.gif

May 2, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #10,950 of 63,916

You should because you are Ad-nauseum with your opinion of burn in. You have been asked nicely I might add several times out here to drop your aggressive and agnostic attitude towards what some people choose to believe in. We are all well aware of your thoughts on burn-in so quite wasting everyone's time looking for a challenge or company in your belief. So you don't believe in it great just let it go already!

Now you know how I feel about you constant whining on the subject
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back