Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 4, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #8,686 of 64,386
Although ill probably get some more ED10s anyone recommend a pair with a bass heavy sound, decent isolation and generally easy to deal with (no over ear cables etc)

Jan 5, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #8,689 of 64,386
Why do they look like a metal/mesh version of an older KZ? Prolific company indeed haha.

Jan 5, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #8,691 of 64,386
Although ill probably get some more ED10s anyone recommend a pair with a bass heavy sound, decent isolation and generally easy to deal with (no over ear cables etc)

Nevermind what Dave says, I upgraded from the ED10 -> Zircon -> ED4 since I prefer a clear, extensive but bass heavy iem for mostly techno listening when out and about. Anything above the ED4 seems to be more neutral (HDS, ED3), anything below seems to have less clarity.

Also, the ED10 bugged the hell out of my ears! They'd never move but they were so uncomfortable due to the little bump on the case keeping pressure on my outer ear for 1 hr+.

EDIT: ED4 seems to be a bit U shaped, atleast mine does, so the highs may be piercing at times.

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #8,692 of 64,386
  It's a new day and new KZ. HDS3 this time.
Are they just changing the shells of same drivers??

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2016-New-Arrival-KZ-HDS3-Metal-Bass-In-Ear-Headset-W-Wheat-Lines-High-Fidelity-Control/1213684_32585879411.html

By the looks of these they are refining the shells on their iem's. I like the left and right band as well as the screen on the nozzle looks so much more refined than earlier model KZ's where the QC on screens was rather poor. Still for $10 bones most KZ's in this price range sound far better than $10 and miles ahead of most cheap iem's and buds
wink_face.gif

Not sure about strain relief of this pair but they look to finally have run out of the rubber cable
eek.gif
This new black stuff looks kind of slick.

Jan 5, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #8,694 of 64,386
I recently acquired the ZS1 and its just a bloat of bass similar to the ATE-S which I now feel is also bass bloated, though it seems stronger on the ZS1. The highs are there but it always stays behind the low end and it never shines. Thats fine if you like that kind of sound signature, but I personally feel that its too boomy for me to use in the long term. I hope the ZN1 Mini will be better.

Also the ZS1 can be quite hard to get a secure fit. I had to use two hands to properly sit the IEM into my ears before I wrap the cable over my ear. I also tried swapping out ear tips but none of it seem to improve the fit on my ears. Probably just me though.

Jan 5, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #8,697 of 64,386
Been watching this thread develop for some time looking for a new headphone, I just ordered the ate s and zn1 mini. Haven't really seen much posted on the zn1 mini hoping it's between the ate s and zs1 in terms of head shaking bass (little bit a bass-head). Also off topic any one try the **** ue's? Haven't seen anything on the forums expect 1 review. They look kinda promising wanted to know if anyone could compared them to the ate s or zn1.

Jan 5, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #8,698 of 64,386
  I recently acquired the ZS1 and its just a bloat of bass similar to the ATE-S which I now feel is also bass bloated, though it seems stronger on the ZS1. The highs are there but it always stays behind the low end and it never shines. Thats fine if you like that kind of sound signature, but I personally feel that its too boomy for me to use in the long term. I hope the ZN1 Mini will be better.

Also the ZS1 can be quite hard to get a secure fit. I had to use two hands to properly sit the IEM into my ears before I wrap the cable over my ear. I also tried swapping out ear tips but none of it seem to improve the fit on my ears. Probably just me though.

You're not alone...I have the ATE-S & ZS1 and had issue's with fit. I ended up getting the ZS1 to sound Ok with the right tip and insertion depth but it was a challenge. I gave the ATE-S to my son. Over the ear is not for me.

Jan 5, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #8,699 of 64,386
I prefer rather neutral experience iem oem,as i thought i could try ed4 that come with 'hires' tag. But i cant tolerate with extensive in whichever direction as i care for my ears. Also o rather prefer u shape than v shape,the result maybe isnt as pumped up as the v's but equalizer and amplifier can emphasize to point of my satifaction.currently my ate still shipping.Since ive read this thread from the start, i found ed4 with the most reveal design as i certain kz got alot of bass in theirs, decide to get vapourize rather than get pumped up by ed9 and other bassy,outdated kz's.

I've missed about 75% of what you said but if you are saying at the end the ED9 is bassy and outdated you might want to listen to a pair. With the brass nozzles...

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #8,700 of 64,386
You're not alone...I have the ATE-S & ZS1 and had issue's with fit. I ended up getting the ZS1 to sound Ok with the right tip and insertion depth but it was a challenge. I gave the ATE-S to my son. Over the ear is not for me.

They did make a uncomfortable IEM comfortable tho (it is a IMx style) so props to them but had they started with a SE design it would have fitted better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back