Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 29, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #7,818 of 64,271
Pulled the trigger on the HDS1 AND ED4 last night.

I've been really impressed with the shipping times recently.

I agree with shipping times. I ordered 4 water proof hard case's through TomTop. Placed the order on the 23rd Monday afternoon  in California all four arrived the Saturday the 28th  ( this makes sense ) I did order the expensive $2.11 ea cases . Ordered 3 KZ's the following day, different vendor I'm not optimistic they'll arrive tomorrow. But hopefully there making a change for " holiday" shipments.

Nov 29, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #7,819 of 64,271
  Zn1 and Zs1 

Looks like your using a wide bore on the ZN1 and a narrow bore on the ZS1...are those spinfits on the ZS1? 
My ZS1's are on the way, don't have the ZN1.

Nov 29, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #7,821 of 64,271
  I am considering buying HDS1. Could anyone compare them with ED9 (gold nozzles)? Are HDS1 closer to gold or brass nozzles? Thanks.

ED9 gold nozzles have much more bass V sound sig...HDS1 sound is more balanced and closer to brass nozzle ED9. 

Nov 29, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #7,822 of 64,271
  Where are you guys buying from that have these quick turn around times for shipping? Someone that doesn't take a month to ship to NA?

ePacket is the name, fast shipping's their game.. It's USPS and China Post's lovechild and it simply pushes these packages through like lightning; you even get to use USPS tracking from the get go and it averages 5-8 days of shipping. I honestly never want to order from China again without an ePacket delivery option. (It's free, too!)

Nov 29, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #7,823 of 64,271
Looks like your using a wide bore on the ZN1 and a narrow bore on the ZS1...are those spinfits on the ZS1? 
My ZS1's are on the way, don't have the ZN1.

Yes I'm using the Kz blue whirlwinds ( widebore) on the Zn1's they work very well on it, they let you electronicly EQ everything instead if working it out with tips. The Sn1's do have the Spinfits with an aperture right in the middle between the blue and red Kz whirlwinds. They work well, I think that's mostly the fit. They make the Zs1's into a simple throw em on and listen. Which is just how I like my IEM's! I think you'll like them they're not for everything but when they work they make a huge difference. I got another couple sets comming as well (cheaper amd the package looks different) as well we'll see. As far as the Zn1's after you get over the absurd EQ placement issue they are great, they are hands down my favorite Kz's

Nov 29, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #7,824 of 64,271
  At first, I thought my ED3c were made of plastic (same red paint coating).

I am quite sure that if I had a coloured pair of HDS1, I would have thought they were made of plastic as well due to their surface feel and little weight.

But one thing is for sure - the ZS1 and ATE are made of plastic (or probably tinted glass? Nah, just kidding
wink.gif
).

The HDS1 & ED3c is aluminium alloy material, may be feel light as plastic. Also could scrape the paint to try
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 29, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #7,825 of 64,271
  ePacket is the name, fast shipping's their game.. It's USPS and China Post's lovechild and it simply pushes these packages through like lightning; you even get to use USPS tracking from the get go and it averages 5-8 days of shipping. I honestly never want to order from China again without an ePacket delivery option. (It's free, too!)

Thanks, now I've got to find sellers that offer it.

edit - well this is unfortunate, checked out every listing on on the first page for the HDS1 on Alieexpress, no epacket offered for Canadians lol. I haven't seen it as an option on ebay either.

Nov 30, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #7,827 of 64,271

Thanks, now I've got to find sellers that offer it.

edit - well this is unfortunate, checked out every listing on on the first page for the HDS1 on Alieexpress, no epacket offered for Canadians lol. I haven't seen it as an option on ebay either.

I believe that is more a service used by eBay sellers and not AliExpress ones, but does sound interesting 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back