Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 28, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #7,786 of 64,300

Also match my impressions/review.

By the way, if I am not horribly wrong, the in-ear bodies are made of metal with a thick paint coating. I have got the silver version (http://www.head-fi.org/products/binmer-tm-kz-hds1-mini-metal-diy-headset-hd-dynamic-pronunciation-ear-headphones-silver/reviews/14607) which does not seem to be thickly painted and am quite certain that these aren't made of plastic.

Oops!

These are so light in weight (+ red paint on the shell doesn't reveal much about the underlying material) that I was under the impression that the shells are of made of plastic
tongue_smile.gif

Edit: Just gone through your review (again), it indeed matches with what i am hearing in HDS1 
beerchug.gif

Nov 28, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #7,787 of 64,300
At first, I thought my ED3c were made of plastic (same red paint coating).

I am quite sure that if I had a coloured pair of HDS1, I would have thought they were made of plastic as well due to their surface feel and little weight.

But one thing is for sure - the ZS1 and ATE are made of plastic (or probably tinted glass? Nah, just kidding
wink.gif
).

Nov 28, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #7,788 of 64,300
"" davi99

i love how they keep products under 20$. Its endless circle for us. :D

Btw, i think KZ headphones are not underpriced. Other earphones are OVERpriced. :D"""

Extremely accurate comment.!!!!
ex factory price will be a few pennies.
ex factory price for an i phone is 50-60 dollars
and they sell for close to a thousand.
Consumers are trained to believe that
cheap is always crappy..
ty

Nov 28, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #7,790 of 64,300
i think kz staff pricing  their iems according to rewievs at this topic.. :D

ed9 is not mocked a lot, thus it price is always above 12 $, ed10 and ed11 mocked a lot, their price is 8 or 9$..

It makes a certain sense, the Ed9 remains a solid piece of kit. Fortunatly they haven't chosen to inflated the price ( like the micro rings). It seems to me that $12.00 price is what I paid for my first pair and I felt it was a great price. It's an easy one to recommend, it seems to work for everyone!

Nov 28, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #7,791 of 64,300
This thread needs more eye candy!

HDS1

ED3c "The Acme"

ZS1

Nice work. Yes more eye candy. It always surprises me how well built ( for the most part) and how different the Kz's range is.

Nov 28, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #7,792 of 64,300

Nice work. Yes more eye candy. It always surprises me how well built ( for the most part) and how different the Kz's range is.

Thanks!  Found my old-point and shoot Nikon and decided to see what the pictures were like compared to my HTC One M8. I think it's safe to say, a heck of a lot nicer, haha.

There are a couple KZ that are not overly well-built, but those are mostly the earliest models, like the DS. I'm glad KZ moved towards creating their own unique designs (with a couple exceptions). While they are all quite varied, at least KZ has their own style. 

Nov 28, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #7,793 of 64,300
Thanks!  Found my old-point and shoot Nikon and decided to see what the pictures were like compared to my HTC One M8. I think it's safe to say, a heck of a lot nicer, haha.

There are a couple KZ that are not overly well-built, but those are mostly the earliest models, like the DS. I'm glad KZ moved towards creating their own unique designs (with a couple exceptions). While they are all quite varied, at least KZ has their own style. 

It's easy to forget what difference a dedicated " real" camera makes. The blasted cell phones are just so handy though.
I don't know much about the early Kz line. I jumped on board with the Ed9 and Ed3 ( just about the time I joined the board) so I missed the outwardly design copying that went on. Although I would have liked the Micro ring and possibly the Gr I think I hit it about right. I even have been lucky enough to miss any QC issues ( not a bad jne in the bunch) that seem to happen later in a runs. But know I think I need to drag out camera and support your eye candy initiative.

Nov 28, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #7,794 of 64,300
I think I'll go for the HDS1 and maybe the ED9. As much as I'd like to order right now, I'm worried they'll show up when I'm out of town and it'll just get lost in the holiday shuffle of packages.

Nov 28, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #7,795 of 64,300

Took some with my Xperia Z1, sorry about the crappy desk lamp lighting. (drag & drop the image to your address bar to open in full quality)

Nov 28, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #7,796 of 64,300
Took some with my Xperia Z1, sorry about the crappy desk lamp lighting. (drag & drop the image to your address bar to open in full quality)

Thanks IE, it's still nice to see to see them in a natural setting. The Xsperia is a good little tablet it just very difficult to get decent depth of field and natural color saturation with them. The lamp? It's winter, you needed light you use what you've got handy. It's all good! It's still nice to have pictures. It livens up the post thanks to you and b9Scrambler. I'll work at getting some up soon as well

Nov 28, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #7,797 of 64,300

Zn1's with and without artistic license.

Nov 28, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #7,798 of 64,300
Thanks IE, it's still nice to see to see them in a natural setting. The Xsperia is a good little tablet it just very difficult to get decent depth of field and natural color saturation with them. The lamp? It's winter, you needed light you use what you've got handy. It's all good! It's still nice to have pictures. It livens up the post thanks to you and b9Scrambler. I'll work at getting some up soon as well

Thanks bro. Already ordered the ED4, hope it arrives soon so I could post some decent snaps :wink:

Zn1's with and without artistic license.

Awesome quality! Which cam are you using?

Nov 28, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #7,799 of 64,300
Thanks bro. Already ordered the ED4, hope it arrives soon so I could post some decent snaps :wink:

Awesome quality! Which cam are you using?

Those were taken with a Canon Rebel Xsi with an 18 X 55mm lens. It will take great pictures and probably like b6Scrambler I don't use it often enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back