Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 24, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #2,041 of 64,379
Thanks for reminding me about the ED8, I just asked the seller when he's shipping mine but I got an autoreply for the time being. I'm sure he'll answer soon enough. In other news... I'm enjoying the GR quite a bit with the "one of each filter" mod, if you can even call it that. The sound is just the right amount of bassy, the fit is fantastic (better than the Micro Ring and EDSE even) and it's just a fun set to have and listen to.

Dec 24, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #2,043 of 64,379

I'd be the first to admit, Apple ear-buds are good (the real ones of course), but the EDSE are just too sweet. No comparison when it comes to sound and quality!

.....KZ-EDSE all the way my friend!  
etysmile.gif

thanx a lot
just ordered EDSE
and luckily my order number contained all required digits
so i'm also getting a free ED8 :)

Dec 24, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #2,046 of 64,379

A small ball of fabric plus Sony silicone small bore tips. This tames the splashy, artificial treble. Without this "mod" (I'm hesitant to call it a mod) I'm not much of a fan. With the mod, I like them more than the EDse, but still less and the Micro Ring.

Btw, how did you pry open the metal mesh grill? 

Dec 25, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #2,048 of 64,379
I didn't actually. The small bore allows the filter to sit between the opening and the grill. Just ball up the fabric, stuff it in the eartip, and install. Super easy.

Oic. Actually I thought about that too but I was afraid that the cotton ball might somehow got out and stuck inside my ear canals. 
tongue.gif
 So probably it's not worth the effort. ANV is indeed built like a tank. If it wass built like DT3, probably it is gonna be a piece of cake to mod.

Dec 25, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #2,049 of 64,379
Oic. Actually I thought about that too but I was afraid that the cotton ball might somehow got out and stuck inside my ear canals. :p  So probably it's not worth the effort. ANV is indeed built like a tank. If it wass built like DT3, probably it is gonna be a piece of cake to mod.

Yeah, I wouldn't bother removing the grill. I would use something more full than cotton though, like shoelace fabric, lol. Just make sure its pretty dense. Needs to be to smooth out the treble, and stay in the eartip.

Dec 26, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #2,050 of 64,379
He Yue
2014-12-25 21:48:58
Dear Customer, ed8 not yet shipped, tomorrow there will be ed8 headsets come, please be patient.

Received this from KZ Official while asking about my ED8 shipping status (It's been showing as shipped since a week but still tracking Id doesn't show any information).

Dec 26, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #2,051 of 64,379
Alright so time for my review for the KZ DT5 Pole Editions. So far I have had them for about 5 days and burned them in for 24 hours. At this time i don't have any photos yet but they should be up soon. The IEM i will be comparing this too is the KZ EDSE/ED2. If anyone was wondering what i listen to I am an avid R&B listener but the song i chose to test was Slave to the Rhythm By Micheal Jackson. The sound file is 320 Kbps and I am testing on an HP Pavilion G6.  

Bass:
So both IEM's have a somewhat bassy sound sig. The bass is very similar in both. From what i can hear the DT5's have more bass but lack the tightness of the edse/ed2's. Though the bass is pretty tight on the Dt5's its just not up to par to the edse/ed2. Especially during the beginning of slave to the rhythm the DT5's bass seems great for the bass drums hits. The Edse/ed2's sound good but it just dosent feel punchy enough now that I have listened to the DT5's. Like I said before the bass is almost the same but I favor the DT5's just for the extra punch. 

Mids:
Both sets of IEM's are pretty good in the mids. The vocals is Micheal are on both IEM's very clean sounding, the only difference i can really hear between the 2 is that the clarity on the DT5's is a bit worse than the edse. There is also a bit of leakage of bass into the mids on the DT5's. I'd also like to point out after listening to the DT5's for 5 days and switching back to the edse the edse vocals somewhat artificial. I would give the mids to the edse but if you want the more natural vocals then the Dt5's imo are a better bet.

Highs:
I think that the high range is a point which is again very close tie between the Dt5's and edse. I tested this with Hotel California's From Hell Freezes Over. The highs are just much more  crisp and  on the edse but do sound a bit more lean. The DT5's seem a bit rolled off but the highs still do come out and sound a lot fuller but not as crisp and clear as the edse. Honestly I prefer the Edse highs but atm I really love how the highs of the Dt5's sound.

Soundstage:
Again a different song this time i used Bubbles by Yosi Horikawa. The soundstage is easily given to the DT5's. If you remember I said that the Edse had a very airy sound stage to them but the Dt5's just blow them out of the water. The Balls that a dropped during this song are just crazy the depth of the IEM's. I can just say if you were looking for something with sound stage the DT5's are the way to go.

Build Qualtiy:
I think again the Dt5;s have nailed it better than the edse. The Jack on the dt5 is much more flat and smaller but still has the nice strain relief. I perfer this jack much more over the edse jack which is a lot more bulky thought they are still both 90 degree plugs. The Y split is much more rugged on the DT5's again the dt5 has strain reliefs for all the wires around the Y splitter. The Wires coming into the IEM casing also is strain reliefed on both IEM's the same so no competition there. 

Conclusions:
When I heard that the DT5 Pole Editions were going to have a dual dynamic design for under $20 i was pretty impressed and wondered if they could beat my edse's. From what i hear as of now i can happily say they do. If anyone was going to pick up new KZ's i think the DT5 Pole Editions are a really good bet and you will not be regreting your decision. (I think). Anyways hope you guys liked this review if theres anything wrong please tell me as this is my first review. 

Dec 27, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #2,053 of 64,379
  The first person to get the KZ-ED8.....please add some comments!

I'm sure if it's that good, it's highly that even Batman might carry these in his utility belt.
ph34r.gif

Haha I guarantee that no one would get ED8 before at least 15th Jan. The seller is yet to receive stock lol... I had asked him once more yesterday.
This time in his reply he seemed like he was pissed off. In sharp words he told me to 'wait patiently' lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back