Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 31, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #1,201 of 64,379
I'm very curious about what is causing people to get a muffled sound on their KZ GR. I'm listening to mine with the red filters and they sound a lot like the KC06 or KC06A, which is the opposite of muffled.

Just curious, are you guys using tips that DO NOT cover the small pinhole on the red filter? This has to be the case.

Either this, or it is definitely a manufacturer defect.

Hope this helps

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #1,202 of 64,379
  I'm very curious about what is causing people to get a muffled sound on their KZ GR. I'm listening to mine with the red filters and they sound a lot like the KC06 or KC06A, which is the opposite of muffled.

Just curious, are you guys using tips that DO NOT cover the small pinhole on the red filter? This has to be the case.

Hope this helps

I'll check the pinhole this evening.  Note though that I have tried stock tips, Sony hybrids, and wide bore tips all to no avail.  Can't imagine covering a pinhole with these.  But, you never know, so I'll double check.  It's like night and day comparing the GR's to my KC06A's.

Oct 31, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #1,203 of 64,379
My KZ GR sounds ok with the red nozzle.  Cool sound for the price,  But I still prefer the KZ SE by a mile.  They have more everything (bass, clarity, life).  Still I don't think they measure up with the KCO6A at all.  Ostry's are more precise and you feel/hear the sound quality in them.  KZ models are no match for the comfort of the KC06A for me.  Still I really like the fun factor the KZ SE provide for the price.  Awesome built and cable also.

I am now waiting for the delivery of my KZ ES and KZ DT3 pack and looking forward to compare them with the rest.  Compare and appreciate.  The key word for me is «appreciation».  Through all these nice products/iems, I appreciate my music differently.  And like many others here, I finally end up sticking to the most fun and quality ones, getting back from time to time to the other ones to compare and appreciate differently.

Huge thanks to everyone hear for the input, the commentaries and the helpful suggestions and feedback.  It's a joy to discover all this.

Oct 31, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #1,204 of 64,379
The more I read this thread, the more kz products I buy!
I already have the ES and the EDSE, and I'm waiting for the GR and the LPS to arrive.
The EDSE and ES are both great, their sound is quite similar. The only difference my inexperienced ears can notice is the quantity of bass (more on the EDSE, less on the ES).
The quality/price ratio on these is astonishing. The build quality is top notch. They cost so little that I always get the temptation to buy another one!
If this is a marketing strategy, it's working very well 
biggrin.gif

Oct 31, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #1,207 of 64,379
After 30 days of waiting, just received my KZ EDSE and ES this evening!

Out of the box impressions - both sounding too good for such low price. Using MP3 files (Best of Italo Disco collection) of 320 kbps on a Transcend MP350 player, EDSE in particular giving very stiff competition to my existing Pistons 2.1 (with over 100 Hours of Burn-in). In fact, I am finding EDSE to be having more clear Mids and tighter Bass in comparison to Pistons. ES on the other hand, sounds somewhat similar to EDSE albeit with slightly lesser bass (or is it more high). I am hoping with more usage these phones are going to get only better.

This is my first experience with Aliexpress and it's been a fantastic one (now eagerly awaiting for the arrival of KZ LPS) :)

(Sorry for the poor pic quality)

Oct 31, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #1,208 of 64,379
  Interesting comparison, thanks.  I don't have the Pistons, but I wait for the other two to come in the mail soon.  Looking forward to it.

I did a comparison of KZ ES vs. Xiaomi Piston 2.1 but moved it to: 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/10065#post_11007071

I was indecisive and under caffeinated this morning!

Oct 31, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #1,211 of 64,379

Hope this helps

Hey bro.  I checked for this "pinhole" on the filters/IEM body.  I can't see anything other than the 4 or 5 on the large part of the IEM body.  I'm currently using MH1C tips.  The end of the tip barrel slips over the "lip" at the end of the filter (red in this case) and stops at the bottom of the groove (opposite the end).  Best way I know how to describe it.

Oct 31, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #1,213 of 64,379

Hope this helps

I dont have any pinhole in either of the filters.. Can you share a picture ?

Oct 31, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #1,214 of 64,379
Hey bro.  I checked for this "pinhole" on the filters/IEM body.  I can't see anything other than the 4 or 5 on the large part of the IEM body.  I'm currently using MH1C tips.  The end of the tip barrel slips over the "lip" at the end of the filter (red in this case) and stops at the bottom of the groove (opposite the end).  Best way I know how to describe it.
pull the silicone tip off of the red filter. Inspect the outside of the red tuning filter. You should see a hole like this...

Make sure your iem tip isn't covering this hole on the red tuning filter.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back