Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 29, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #1,157 of 64,402
Imaging is very unique on dt3

It's refreshing to hear something that doesn't repeat what everyone else is trying to do.

+1. Absolutely agree. I am pleasantly surprised to find how stunning the imaging is.

Just for the record, the dt3 is pretty nice. It's a warm signature that still possesses very nice treble response that is fatigue free. It's definitely top 5 of all of my kz iems.

What do you think about the DT3 layering? To me, even though the bass is strong and punchy, it doesn't bleed into the mid at all. No mid bass bloat. Do you agree?  I think DT3 is awesome!!!! I love it.

By the way, KZ ANV is a disappointment for me. I let it burn for 5 days continuously and I still can't sense any improvement at all. Vocals on ANV sound very artificial as if they come through a toilet paper roll. The mids can be ear piercing as well. 

I also tested ANV to see how it handles low quality MP3s with X5 + SAP5 at 35% volume level. I chose one low quality MP3, a jazz vocal with a solo piano accompaniment where distortions occur on some strong piano notes. As I expected, the piano sound distortion become very pronounced on ANV. This is sad because I really wanted to love ANV. It looks very elegant. The material and build are top notch but.... sigh...   Anyway, ANV only costs me less than $10, so I can forgive this ....  I will still continue to buy KZ but will stick to their newer models only.

Oct 29, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #1,159 of 64,402
  @SymphonyX7 - Could you kindly share your EQ setting for KZ EDSE  (or SHE3580) ?

TIA

These are my EQ settings for the SHE3580 on my Note 3. I'm still working on my final settings for the KZ EDSE, but this EQ setting works nicely on them too. I suggest reducing frequencies under 125 Hz a bit more though, since the EDSE is more bass heavy than the SHE3580.

Oct 29, 2014 at 6:42 AM Post #1,161 of 64,402
  @clee290 - Thanks for the heads-up, mate :)

Meanwhile, my KZ EDSE and ES combo pack is still under the control of Kolkata customs. Not sure how many more days it's gonna take to get them cleared :frowning2:

customs used to be like that in mauritius too, fortunately that all changed and they actually release orders the same day most of the time.unfortunately that encourages me to order more and more stuff online. :frowning2: like do i really need 6 kz in-ear? 

Oct 29, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #1,163 of 64,402
  Ya, the KZ ANV is not a signature for everyone. My pair is pretty flat tuning.

It looks like you are a fan of warmer signatures. We are one in the same on this.

Yeah, me too.  I'm not happy with the sound sigs on the ANV or the GR.  Build quality is another matter.  Anyway, I'm batting 1 out of 3 with KZ so I think I'm going to steer clear of them for a while unless something jumps out of the pack.  Of course they didn't cost that much.  But, I could have gotten a couple of McDonald's combo meals instead. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 29, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #1,164 of 64,402
  customs used to be like that in mauritius too, fortunately that all changed and they actually release orders the same day most of the time.unfortunately that encourages me to order more and more stuff online. :frowning2: like do i really need 6 kz in-ear? 

Lucky You! #sigh

I am even ready to tolerate this delay in clearing the package but the worst part that I am most worried about is, in all likelihood I might end up paying double the cost of the product that I have ordered from overseas (in the form of customs duty) :frowning2:

Oct 29, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #1,165 of 64,402
So i got the GR today! Funny since i bought the ED2 and the CM9 almost 2 weeks before i got the GR.. 

I love the build of the GR but it sounds awful! Absolutely no treble or midrange at all...Sounds like you are listening to your neighbours cheap stereo system from the other side of the wall. It´s a shame really cause they are very nicely built :)

Oct 29, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #1,168 of 64,402
I have no issue whatsoever with GR. It is quite balance across the spectrum. Vocals on GR are natural, unlike ANV, so that makes me wonder why two of you Arvan and slowpickr got so unlucky ending up with such GR pairs. Btw, my GR sounds ok with either black or red nozzle. I am using black.

Oct 29, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #1,169 of 64,402
@rontant, and @Hisoundfi - Both of you are making some interesting impressions about DT3.  Is DT3 worth ordering for a person who is waiting to get his KZ EDSE, and ES ? I mean does it sound markedly different from these two to go for additional buying? (BTW, I have Pistons 2.1 and Soundmagic ES18. I listen mainly to EDM, and Post Rock using just about average smartphones/Laptops)

Your views on this is much appreciated :)

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back