Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 25, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #12,316 of 63,979

It really comes down to how much you want to spend. The difference in sound between the two is not night and day but there are slight differences where the updated ZS3 slightly edges out the ATR. As for the price; ATR being $5 and the ZS3 is $8. The ATR looks cheap but sounds expensive. The ZS3 fits better, looks expensive and sounds expensive. For either one you'll need to invest in better silicone tips, and I don't recommend using memory foam on them - makes it really hard to put on.

I already have the ZS3 but ordered the ATR too. Comparisons are welcome but for that price it's worth a try.

Sep 25, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #12,319 of 63,979

It really comes down to how much you want to spend. The difference in sound between the two is not night and day but there are slight differences where the updated ZS3 slightly edges out the ATR. As for the price; ATR being $5 and the ZS3 is $8. The ATR looks cheap but sounds expensive. The ZS3 fits better, looks expensive and sounds expensive. For either one you'll need to invest in better silicone tips, and I don't recommend using memory foam on them - makes it really hard to put on.

May I know where to get ZS3 for $8? The cheapest I found on Aliexpress was around $18: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/KZ-ZS3-Ergonomic-Detachable-Cable-Earphone-In-Ear-Audio-Monitors-Noise-Isolating-HiFi-Music-Sports-Earbuds/1358152_32720789438.html

Sep 25, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #12,320 of 63,979

May I know where to get ZS3 for $8? The cheapest I found on Aliexpress was around $18: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/KZ-ZS3-Ergonomic-Detachable-Cable-Earphone-In-Ear-Audio-Monitors-Noise-Isolating-HiFi-Music-Sports-Earbuds/1358152_32720789438.html

Gearbest

Sep 25, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #12,321 of 63,979

Gearbest

Cool, thanks Majin! I haven't had any experience buying from Gearbest yet...is it similar to Aliexpress and are they based in China as well? Also, the KZ ZS3 on Gearbest...they're completely genuine & not knockoffs? I see that on Aliexpress they at least have an 'official' KZ store...not sure who the seller is on Gearbest.

Sep 25, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #12,322 of 63,979

Cool, thanks Majin! I haven't had any experience buying from Gearbest yet...is it similar to Aliexpress and are they based in China as well? Also, the KZ ZS3 on Gearbest...they're completely genuine & not knockoffs? I see that on Aliexpress they at least have an 'official' KZ store...not sure who the seller is on Gearbest.

If you read a few pages back several people have received their genuine ZS3 from Gearbest in China.

Sep 25, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #12,326 of 63,979
Hello guys! Is there someone who can advice me among KZ ZS3, ATR and ED9? Actually I use the Rock Zircon iem which I find fantastic. I would like to discover a possibly better iem but days ago I tried the KZ ATE and I did not enjoy them... Maybe the ZS3 or ATR or ED9 are better than ATE?

Sep 25, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #12,327 of 63,979
My order would be:
ED9
ZST
ATR
:beers:

Sep 25, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #12,328 of 63,979
Hello guys! Is there someone who can advice me among KZ ZS3, ATR and ED9? Actually I use the Rock Zircon iem which I find fantastic. I would like to discover a possibly better iem but days ago I tried the KZ ATE and I did not enjoy them... Maybe the ZS3 or ATR or ED9 are better than ATE?

ZS3 if you want some excellent bass, a great soundstage, and good separation. Solid instrument placement too.

ATR (which is my fav of the three) is similar to ZS3 in all regards but has more relaxed treble and less bass. Also a direct enhancement of the ATE improving extension at both ends. It's the most natural sounding of the three to me; ZS3 too bassy, ED9 too bright.

ED9 is like getting two different earphones. Gold nozzles have enhanced bass, nicely extended treble. Less than the ZS3 but more than the ATR. Control is alright. Brass nozzles dial down the bass (treble and mids stay virtually the same imo) and make them more balanced. I feel the ED9 is brighter and lacks the refinement of the other two. It's also a little edgy in the treble at times. Soundstage is nowhere near the size of the above two. Still, the ED9 is excellent and is a favorite among many for a reason. Due to a more traditional design, surely it will be easier to get a good seal, and they can be worn cable up or down. 

Really, you can't go wrong with any of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back