Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 26, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #12,332 of 63,796
I´m deeply impressed by the ATE. It´s the only earphone with which I can enjoy all my music files, whether 16/44 or highres. 

Sep 26, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #12,334 of 63,796
  you're not alone.
I am listening to the discography E.L.P. through different eyes, I really appreciate the drums of Palmer.

Yeah, I love ELP, too!
I couldn´t believe how fast I adapted to the bass of the ATE. Couldn´t live without it any longer!
I have the ATE S and ZS3 on the way, too.....

Sep 26, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #12,335 of 63,796
  Been looking around several forums and it seems like the ZS3 is better than the ZST sound-wise. Anyone can comment on that? I ordered the ZST but thinking if I should cancel and switch to the ZS3

I remember buying the very first batch of the ZS3 and returning them for the slight defect, which 'cause one side to sound louder. And all I can say, for the little time I listened to them I enjoyed their SQ and had nothing bad to say in that perspective. And, even though in China the ZST are cheaper than the ZS3. I would definitely go with the ZS3.

.....My review, coming to you really soon, does not favor the ZST. --> More on that later.
wink.gif

Sep 26, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #12,337 of 63,796
Ate is addictive. I also ED9 but are much more clean and crystal clear, and I prefer the meanest sound of ATE.
I don't buy ZS3 or ZST for now, expect to consume what they have at home.
I hope that the difference is not huge.

Sep 26, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #12,338 of 63,796

I remember buying the very first batch of the ZS3 and returning them for the slight defect, which 'cause one side to sound louder. And all I can say, for the little time I listened to them I enjoyed their SQ and had nothing bad to say in that perspective. And, even though in China the ZST are cheaper than the ZS3. I would definitely go with the ZS3.

.....My review, coming to you really soon, does not favor the ZST. --> More on that later.
wink.gif

Are you a bit into EQ'ing? Im interested in how they can be altered since they have 2 drivers of course. Here is a nice tut by Joe. http://www.head-fi.org/t/794467/how-to-equalize-your-headphones-2016-update

Even if you are not into EQ'ing, it sure is worth a try (at least the first part; getting a "flat" sine wave in the EQ and then have at least a nice EQ in the Potplayer on your PC).

Sep 26, 2016 at 2:09 AM Post #12,339 of 63,796

wink.gif

Sigh any early heads-up on whats wrong with the ZST? Or what the ZS3 is better at? Should I change my order then? I don't listen to alot of bass-heavy music though it's mostly acoustic

What about the ATE as well?

Sep 26, 2016 at 2:35 AM Post #12,340 of 63,796
Need some advice here. I saw the KZ ZS3 at gearbest at just 8++ USD, was thinking are they legit coz everywhere else i check they are around 15USD to 20USD even Taobao also at around 160++ RMB. It just make no sense to me that how can gearbest be that much cheaper compared to others (even the original retail price they put it at 12.5USD which is still cheaper than the others), are there different version of ZS3 out there that i'm not aware of ??? Anyone who've bought from Gearbest please advice. Thank you.

Sep 26, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #12,343 of 63,796
If they're legit (Gearbest ones i mean) then those other AE and Taobao sellers must've reaped off lots of profit from the ZS3 given how cheap it is the actual build cost of ZS3. And to me Gearbest seems to be much more reliable and reputable than those other AE sellers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back