Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 9, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #9,991 of 64,394
I haven't followed this thread in a very long time since August - which are the best KZ right now? 
I have Ed9 , ATE , ED10. I really enjoy the ED9 sound - the ED10 is to bassy for me. I enjoy the ATE as well but I think ED9 sounds better.

Thanks!

Mar 9, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #9,992 of 64,394
I haven't followed this thread in a very long time since August - which are the best KZ right now? 
I have Ed9 , ATE , ED10. I really enjoy the ED9 sound - the ED10 is to bassy for me. I enjoy the ATE as well but I think ED9 sounds better.

Thanks!

Current new gen best crop is ZN1 mini, EDR2, HDS1, ZS1.

If you like ATE then you may like ZN1 mini for its warm sound and big soundstage.
HDS1 would be spiritual successor of ED9 with brass nozzle.
Similarly EDR2 would go well with those loving gold nozzle on ED9.
ED10 lovers, ZS1 is your next buy.

Mar 9, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #9,993 of 64,394
What's the difference between ATE and ATES apart the memory cable?
I would try the ZS2 but it looks it's as super bassy as ZS1 reading the comment in Aliexpress, I hoped they were like Z1N with a wide soundstage

Mar 9, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #9,994 of 64,394
Guys, got a word from KZ official shop. ZS2 are just aesthetically different from ZS1. Drivers are similar to ZS1.

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #9,997 of 64,394

If you like ATE then you may like ZN1 mini for its warm sound and big soundstage.

Thanks! Would you say ZN1 mini has the deepest/widest soundstage out of all kz?

Mar 9, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #9,998 of 64,394

I have the HDS1 and do not feel they are that similar to (my favorite) ED9 brass...HDS1 is fairly neutral as KZ's go IMO and I find the ED9 brass having more detail and overall treble energy. The HDS1 for me can sound a bit flat coming from a ED9. I have the EDSE and the EDR2 and am still going back and forth but may prefer the EDSE which is lively and musical. The EDR2 can get a little ragged for me in the treble but I am still comparing the two and the EDR2 is relatively new with only a couple days burn-in. I actually prefer the ED3c over the EDR2 or EDSE. I couldn't get a correct fit with the ZS1 so I'm not able to use them. I have the ATE and it seems smooth and dark with rolled of highs but I keep it because it's musical and warm.
This is coming from my Beresford Capella amp, Bushmaster MKII DAC, Samsung Blu-ray player and Audio Art cables while listening to CD's and most importantly these are my own personal opinions.

Mar 9, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #9,999 of 64,394
Thanks! Would you say ZN1 mini has the deepest/widest soundstage out of all kz?

I don't know about Cad or Eisen but I sure do. There is no doubt in anyones mind here that ED9 is my altime favorite KZ but both the ZN1 Mini and HDS1 have a better/wider soundstage to me. The to me may not be to you but I tell it like I hear it:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I finally broke down and have an ACME (the Perfectiins are no slouch either), EDR2 and ED4 (I think! Is that bad or what) ordered☺️ All that means is the test of my KZ crew could be in jeopardy as far as positiin in my lineup:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Mar 10, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #10,000 of 64,394

I've actually gotten several props for using both the supplied clips in this manner, the ZN1 is a great headphone if your just sitting back in your easy chair and they stay put if your fetchin' a cold one
wink_face.gif
Kids, what do they know
blink.gif
Except maybe to make some smart-elic remark about some old guy
eek.gif
LOL

Of course right this minute I'm listening to a hole notha animal!!

Pardon my ignorance here, but what is that setup with iPod shuffle, pretty much curious to know

seen another such image by you earlier in this thread too

Mar 10, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #10,001 of 64,394
Pardon my ignorance here, but what is that setup with iPod shuffle, pretty much curious to know

seen another such image by you earlier in this thread too

My apologies db, it is a Shuffle connected (velcro'd) to a Brainwavz AP001 dual headphone out amp driving the wonderful FLC 8s multi filtered/tunable iem's. Exceptionally small with outstanding sound:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Mar 10, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #10,002 of 64,394
My apologies db, it is a Shuffle connected (velcro'd) to a Brainwavz AP001 dual headphone out amp driving the wonderful FLC 8s multi filtered/tunable iem's. Exceptionally small with outstanding sound:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

oh please. no apologies, thank you for the info, I was interested in that amp since it got launched, now I shall try to get it in some deal if possible

as I too have iPod shuffle, coincidentally of same color - that is really nice looking setup, have you used your KZ's with it ? 

Mar 10, 2016 at 2:03 AM Post #10,003 of 64,394

And that picture wld'nt be sexy if it doest have the jds ultra short cable...... :wink:

Mar 10, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #10,004 of 64,394
oh please. no apologies, thank you for the info, I was interested in that amp since it got launched, now I shall try to get it in some deal if possible

as I too have iPod shuffle, coincidentally of same color - that is really nice looking setup, have you used your KZ's with it ? 

You already knocked the deal door!......mp4n has the free deal of omega micro dynamic iem along with ap001, IF that interests you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back