Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 5, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #9,946 of 64,392
OK... EDR2's have been burning in almost continuously and I'm giving them a quick listen. Much better than OOTB. I also swapped tips to Puro stocks and it's good. Nice detail in the highs and decent bass. Between these and ED3c these are my new go to KZ's and they sound like they cost much more than the do. My ED9's are always close by but out of all my other KZ's the EDR2 and ED3c are getting my time and attention. The ED3c is superior IMO but these EDR2's are good also...more to come.

Mar 5, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #9,947 of 64,392
  I found the ATEs very tip-dependant. For the past week I used them with the silicone stock large tips and they where balanced for my taste. A little bit veiled at the mids, but not too much that it would take away the enjoyment. Been listening to classic lately and these do a fine job with micro and macro dynamics and detail. 
Yesterday I did some tip rolling. Tried the stock foamsies but the fit was irregular. Double flanges (MEEelec) where also too irregular and prone to small variations of leakage though movement. The I tried the Sony Hybrids, large, and the sound went totally south. Dull, boomy, no treble, no nothing to write home about... And the Sony's are my favourite tips so far with many other earphones, mainly for fitting comfort and isolation. Back to the stock silicones I went. 

ATEs pair with stock silicone tips is too bassy IMO, the stock foam sucks :))
ATEs + Red coil tips (ED9 stock tips) works surprisingly well, the bass is more impactful, less boomy. Treble extends a little bit.
Can't wait to get my hand on EDR2, which is just $5/piece on tmall 

Mar 6, 2016 at 2:15 AM Post #9,948 of 64,392

I'm using tips from my Puro IEM500's...thought I was using Auvio's but checked and they are the stock medium(ish) Puro's. What size are you?

For me medium fits well. Since I have only the stock eartips, was wondering if i could buy something. I have to buy from aliexpress or similar site shipping to India. Any suggestions. Today ordered the ICONS, should i get something for them too??

Mar 6, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #9,950 of 64,392
Mar 6, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #9,952 of 64,392

I am waiting for ZN1 Mini + Mic version, do you think KZ will release it soon?

I don't think so... Actually ZN1 mini doesn't even seem like a planned product. The presence of 4pin connector but no mic, as well as the unexpected short cable are enough proof that ZN1 mini are manufactured from ZN1 stock.

Mar 6, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #9,953 of 64,392
  OK... EDR2's have been burning in almost continuously and I'm giving them a quick listen. Much better than OOTB. I also swapped tips to Puro stocks and it's good. Nice detail in the highs and decent bass. Between these and ED3c these are my new go to KZ's and they sound like they cost much more than the do. My ED9's are always close by but out of all my other KZ's the EDR2 and ED3c are getting my time and attention. The ED3c is superior IMO but these EDR2's are good also...more to come.

I believe ED3 acme.. which tips are you using with these??

Mar 6, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #9,954 of 64,392
Which one is the most neutral? And are the ed3 s3 or acme and others the same? I really lost in kz land regarding the ed3s...

I would say none are neutral as say the HDS1... the ED3c & EDR2 definitely stray off the neutral path but IMO the ED3c strays more but with better results. I find the ED3c better as of right now with a smoother sound sig and great bass. The EDR2 sounds good but is a step behind...going to burn them in a bit more before passing a final judgement.

Mar 6, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #9,955 of 64,392

For me medium fits well. Since I have only the stock eartips, was wondering if i could buy something. I have to buy from aliexpress or similar site shipping to India. Any suggestions. Today ordered the ICONS, should i get something for them too??

Don't know about what's available in your area maybe someone else could give you options based on your location...

Mar 6, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #9,957 of 64,392
Mar 6, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #9,958 of 64,392
Can someone tell what's the difference with ZS1 with the ZN1? 

Anyone seen the new ZS2 the one that's color violet? I just ordered it the other day which is about 3 dollars pricier than the ZS1 D:

Mar 7, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #9,959 of 64,392
Can someone tell what's the difference with ZS1 with the ZN1? 

Anyone seen the new ZS2 the one that's color violet? I just ordered it the other day which is about 3 dollars pricier than the ZS1 D:

Here you go http://www.head-fi.org/products/kz-zs1-dual-driver-extra-bass-wide-sound-field-sport-in-ear-monitors-headphones-with-microphone/reviews/14605

Users who are viewing this thread

Back