Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 26, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #9,226 of 64,204

Looks just normal and legit - identical accessories and packaging as my "old" ED-9 (the chrome ones).

No idea why you'd think that, thats a KZ shield box + red core tips that come with ED9 silver + the dark grey standard silicones they've included in the last few models (HDS1, ED3 Youth at least)

Thanks for the confirmation guys, I guess I'll cancel the new order.

Jan 26, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #9,228 of 64,204
Jan 26, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #9,229 of 64,204
Haha yeah, the thing that threw me off was the box tbh

No, everyone is correct that is exactly how my 3 pair of originals came, I'm sure they are legit Lifted. That box has many functions as well
biggrin.gif

Jan 26, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #9,230 of 64,204
No, everyone is correct that is exactly how my 3 pair of originals came, I'm sure they are legit Lifted. That box has many functions as well:D

Thanks bud!

I searched around and many places showed a rectangular box so I was hello confused.

Is that a FiiO M3 by any chance?

Jan 26, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #9,231 of 64,204
  Hye. I wanna give my friend a new set of in ears for her birthday.
She enjoys Psychedelic/ambient kind of musics but I don't know what kind of qualities an in ears should have for these music.

Anyone can suggest anything from KZ? thanks.

I guess music like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jyTinxcKDg

Thanks

Soundstage would be the key for Psychedelic/ambient music and ZN1 mini would be the best bet. It has nice surround feel and overall sound is pretty refined. Strongly recommended.

ED8m and ATE are the other ones that I can think of that would go well with this genre.

I've had great luck with the whirlwind tubines both blue and yellow ( although haven't seen yellow in a long long time ( in Kz time ) Thanks fkr the review on the Zn1 mini, I had ordered a set before the holidays last hear and as there not here just ordered another, ( different vendor) which should mean the originals may arrive today or tomarrow? Thanks again

Good for you... it might be the difference in ear cavity shape. I find the whirlwinds too hard as I'm used to very soft Sony hybrids or other soft silicone tips.
Best luck for ZN1, it's a gem of an earphone : ) 

Hmm those are the silver ED9 though.

Mine are the ED9 black and came in a different box, I'll post a picture later tonight when I get home.

That was the box when ED9 was just launched. Those who had it ordered very early got that rectangular one. I also did get the same when I purchased my first pair and then the shield shaped one later with second pair. 

To verify whether the earphone is original or not I'd suggest to do a quality check on cable. The KZ cable should be brown colored one on ED9 and should have a little springy feel to it. 
I don't think that there will be fake ED9 around though... already KZ prices it so low even along with the nozzles. In worst case it may be a part of a rejected batch but in that case it'll just sound pretty bad. 

Please let it burn in for some time, ED9 is top crop of KZ. Most of the people would love its sound assuming the pair is legit.

Jan 26, 2016 at 6:08 PM Post #9,232 of 64,204
Thanks bud!

I searched around and many places showed a rectangular box so I was hello confused.

Is that a FiiO M3 by any chance?

Indeed it is, it has since been moved to a nice retagular zipper case:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I can't remember biw which was my first pair of KZ's that came in what I call their green packaging but I've gotten them in the black box as well as some came in plain cardboard color. I really don't care what they come in as long as they sound goid with no flaws:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: All my iem's end up in a KZ zipper pouch anyway:beers:

Jan 26, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #9,234 of 64,204
  Soundstage would be the key for Psychedelic/ambient music and ZN1 mini would be the best bet. It has nice surround feel and overall sound is pretty refined. Strongly recommended.

ED8m and ATE are the other ones that I can think of that would go well with this genre.

Thanks for the recommendation. But ZN1 and ATE are those kind to go over the ear right?

I prefered a wire down type. So is ED8m would be a good choice?

Jan 26, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #9,236 of 64,204

Thanks for the recommendation. But ZN1 and ATE are those kind to go over the ear right?

After a lot more burn in, the ZN1 Mini has mellowed out some. Unfortunately, I don't think it needs mellowing. If anything, the whole presentation is very good and clean but slow, which is not desirable for my often extreme heavy metal usage.. It is most obvious in comparison to the ED10, which is very fast in presentation, from subbass to treble. I've also got an ED8 on order to eventually compare.

Jan 27, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #9,237 of 64,204
After a lot more burn in, the ZN1 Mini has mellowed out some. Unfortunately, I don't think it needs mellowing. If anything, the whole presentation is very good and clean but slow, which is not desirable for my often extreme heavy metal usage.. It is most obvious in comparison to the ED10, which is very fast in presentation, from subbass to treble. I've also got an ED8 on order to eventually compare.

Yup, ZN1 is mellow compared to ED10. ED10 is among the most aggressive KZ along with ED11 (I've mentioned that somewhere in this thread)

Yup those are of that type.

ED8 is the heaviest KZ though.. ZN1 is comfier to wear that ED8 for long period.

Have a look on HDS1 and ED9 then, they are the most versatile of KZ lineup and should do enough justice for almost all music genres.

Jan 27, 2016 at 1:29 AM Post #9,238 of 64,204
I ordered some ed9's about a week and a half ago and i was wondering if someone could tell me what is up with my pair. I ordered them through amazon and found that the bass nozzles worked well, but when i used the brass nozzles, things sounded funny. One of the nozzles sounds great, but the other sounds like i can't get a good deal with my ear. It generally just sounds like i barely have the iem in my ear. I thought if had something to do with the left monitor, but I just switched left brass nozzle with the right brass nozzle and it sounded fine. I just don't know what to do and I'm kind of disappointed :/
Tl;Dr, i think i got some bad brass nozzles

Jan 27, 2016 at 2:03 AM Post #9,239 of 64,204
I ordered some ed9's about a week and a half ago and i was wondering if someone could tell me what is up with my pair. I ordered them through amazon and found that the bass nozzles worked well, but when i used the brass nozzles, things sounded funny. One of the nozzles sounds great, but the other sounds like i can't get a good deal with my ear. It generally just sounds like i barely have the iem in my ear. I thought if had something to do with the left monitor, but I just switched left brass nozzle with the right brass nozzle and it sounded fine. I just don't know what to do and I'm kind of disappointed :/

Mine has the same problem. Probably something to do with the material over the vent in the nozzle. You could try messing with it, see what happens.

Jan 27, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #9,240 of 64,204

Mine had the same issue. If you see inside the brass nozzle then there should be a small filter covering the side vent. Mine was not placed properly so I repositioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back