Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 12, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #8,206 of 63,917

They have well-matched crappy drivers? Haha! I don't know man, but from the description something sounds really off.

I personally don't find the ED10 warm. I find the majority of KZs earphones to be on the brighter side of things, in particular those in the ED series. Exceptions would go to the Micro Ring, HDS2, ATE....uh....can't think of any others atm.

ZS1 is anything but bright :p Bassy yet not dark. Love it.

Dec 12, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #8,207 of 63,917
  These are the ones I just ordered that said they were the Acme version...so I just got an old (but good) ED3?

Yuppers! The original ED3 still holds it own among the newbies, they just lack a bit of refinement. I still think they're one of the more technically capable models however (hence why I rank them above the ED9, either model). They're also arguably the most premium feeling, after the ANV which is sexy as $%^&. When you get "The Acme", I think you'll agree that it's build feels a little lackluster in comparison.

Dec 12, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #8,210 of 63,917
Guys I need advice.I have beyerdynamic dx160 and my girl really like the sound of earphones .i wont to buy her iem so im thinking of kz. which kz you recommend but must have that similar sound signature of beyer?

RN2

Dec 12, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #8,211 of 63,917
OK got a chance to listen to my new ED3 Youth as well as the "old" ED3 that I received believing I had ordered the Acme silver...whatever 
confused.gif

I now am switching my previous post and believe the treble is better in the old ED3 than the newer ED3Y. The youth also has some harshness to it that the ED3 doesn't seem to have. I went back and forth a bit and like the old ED3 better than the ED3Y. I think it's genre dependent though...like the old ED3 sounded great with metal the new ED3Y...not so much.

I also got to listen to my spankin' new ATE-S. The stock tips are foam and I wasn't even going to try them but I'm glad I did, they sound pretty good to me.
They are a bit dark and bassy but I just think I like the sound of the ATE-S just like I enjoy the sound of the ATE. The only thing is my canals are small and these tips are already I little uncomfortable.

So overall not bad, I like the ED3 and ATE-S and the ED3Y... I'll listen to a bit more before making a final decision on.

Dec 12, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #8,214 of 63,917
"ACME perfection" has blackier glossy finish & straight plug, my old ed3 has L plug, does anyone has both iem? Any differences?

29c8496c557d3b3ffcb4dc500816a738.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Dec 12, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #8,216 of 63,917
"ACME perfection" has blackier glossy finish & straight plug, my old ed3 has L plug, does anyone has both iem? Any differences?

29c8496c557d3b3ffcb4dc500816a738.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The one with the straight plug seems to be original perfection but a later version or something. The S3 (Acme perfection) has black end caps with gray or silver (blue wire for those) and a L plug. I ordered 2 so they're on their way :)

Dec 13, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #8,217 of 63,917
@DaveLT - My experience with ED10 somewhat mirrors yours (Driver Flex part, in particular). BTW, i bought these from Ms Teresa of Aliex.

Just quoting here my earlier post on ED10 for reference.

Quote:
  Received ED10 this morning. OOTB with stock tips (especially with the blue core tips), had driver flex on both the sides. Tried tip rolling, found Sony MH1's Medium tips to give me better fit. With this tip, driver-flex is gone for the time being (hope it stays that way). Cable is rubbery/springy one (like ATEs). The overall build quality is pretty ok (mine had its paint worn off at some parts of the body, though).

Sound Quality (with just over 4 hours of usage) - These sound to me like a repackaged EDSE. On many songs that I had tried so far, Treble appears to be bit too Metalic/Shouty/Grainy(?) for my liking. Bass quantity/quality and Mids seems pretty much similar to my EDSE. BTW, these are not as detailed as my ED9 Bronze filter and also doesn't seems to possess wider soundstage of ATEs. Reading from other users' impression on these, I hope mine is not a faulty unit. May be with more usage this sound signature may change to some extent (especially the troublesome treble part). 

Sound gear used - Fiio X1 + NX1 combo (tried with both line out option as well as headphone out), OnePlus One (at 60% volume)

Music tested - Alesso's Forever, Amy Winehouse's Frank, The Fray's Scar and Stories, David Guetta's Listen (all are in 256 kbps M4A format)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back