Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 15, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #61,428 of 64,373
Did you use happen to use balanced cable from powerful sources? From what I'm reading, people have used it on balanced output to get the best sound. But that defeats the budget planar recommendation as the cables will double the money spent for this single IEM. What's your opinion?
A basic 8core 5N SPC balanced cable from Xinhs will cost you under 12€, so it won't double the price and the benefit (higher output power) will be massive with these IEMs. I already have a similar one pre-made and without it I probably wouldn't have ordered the PR2 for my DAP...

Last edited:
May 15, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #61,429 of 64,373
The fake tracking from KZ Global store is very sleezy and surprising to me. It's probably a combination of negative factors like understimated demand (we have seen this many times for new IEM launches recently) and the week off Mayday holiday. This IEM got tons of and tons of hype, demand was probably underestimated to a degree.
I'm in a slightly riskier boat, before global store dropped the price back down to $35, I took a risk on $32 USD From "Multi-category dropshipping store" with 87% positive feedback, ordered May 8th. In 3 days I will be able to cancel this order. Most of the negative reviews seemed to be regarding product quality/specifics.
Anyway, this hobby is always a test of patience when ordering from China/Aliexpress. Let's all hope for the best.

May 15, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #61,430 of 64,373
Hey all! For those of you who ordered the KZ X HBB PR2 from the KZ Gobal Store through Aliexpress....has your shipping information being updated? I got an email saying it was shipped on May 10th (I ordered on April 27), but on the tracking page I dont see anything, the Tracking number cant be found anywhere and I am just curious if I am the only one in this situation.
I am also a bit worried since I asked for them to be delivered at an Aliexpress pick up point and I dont know how will I ever know if they are delivered without the tracking information.
Thanks in advance!
I'm in the same situation (ordered on the 27th, "shipped" on the 10th) and there has been absolutely nothing from the tracking.

Same thing, ordered on 27th of April, got "shipped" with one day left until automatic cancellation, still no tracking information, estimated delivery 29th of May, very much doubt it is getting delivered anywhere near that date. With that said, it happened to me before with KZ Global store and at that time new "hyped" IEM, with somewhat big demand and little actual stock.

Last edited:
May 15, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #61,431 of 64,373
Did you use happen to use balanced cable from powerful sources? From what I'm reading, people have used it on balanced output to get the best sound. But that defeats the budget planar recommendation as the cables will double the money spent for this single IEM. What's your opinion?
I wouldn't say a balanced cable improves sound. Typically if the source sounds good in balanced, chances are it's SE will sound almost as good. Balanced just has more driving power.

Regarding cable rolling. While a lot of people argue for/against it as an absolute. In my experience it's not that straightforward.

I find that if the iem comes with a good enough cable (ie Pr1 Pro), changing to a better one won't change anything. But if it comes with a low quality cable (more common than you think) like the CCA PLA 13, upgrading to a decent one will have an audible improvement. Usually it will sound clearer and wider.

You don't even need to spend that much. The KZ 784 core cable is good enough to not hold any iem back. No difference from the more expensive Copper silver hybrid XINHS cable.

May 15, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #61,432 of 64,373
Can anyone explain why there are two different entries/pages for KZ x HBB PR2? [First] and [another one]. Can someone merge them together?

May 15, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #61,433 of 64,373
Btw how's the shipment of everyone's PR2 going? Ordered it about an hour after HBB posted his ad and it still hasn't shipped. The processing of the Global Store is slowwwwww.Screenshot 2023-05-07 at 9.52.05 PM 1.png
Ordered mine on the 4th may and it shipped on the 9th. Supposed to arrive by 8th June. Well see. Also, mine was ordered through the global store. (no discount)

May 15, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #61,434 of 64,373
Same thing, ordered on 27th of April, got "shipped" with one day left until automatic cancellation, still no tracking information, estimated delivery 29th of May, very much doubt it is getting delivered anywhere near that date. With that said, it happened to me before with KZ Global store and at that time new "hyped" IEM, with somewhat big demand and little actual stock.
When you say no tracking, Do you mean no tracking number, or do you have a tracking number but no updates?

I'm confused about all the people saying they have no tracking.

Oh and by the way, i always pay through paypal. If i don't get my product I'll ask paypal to return my money. Its happened to me before and i got my money back.

Last edited:
May 15, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #61,435 of 64,373
Ordered on the 10th with the current sale, not shipped yet.

Sucks because I have my pair sitting here from Amazon unopened as I had planned to just return them once I got my AE order. Not thinking they will make it before the 30 day amazon return period is up (if at all).

May 15, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #61,436 of 64,373
When you say no tracking, Do you mean no tracking number, or do you have a tracking number but no updates?

I'm confused about all the people saying they have no tracking.

Oh and by the way, i always pay through paypal. If i don't get my product I'll ask paypal to return my money. Its happened to me before and i got my money back.
In my case I do have a tracking number that does not work.

May 15, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #61,437 of 64,373
In my case I do have a tracking number that does not work.
I have a tracking number as well, but its also not showing anything. sometimes though it takes a while for any updates to show. The problem for KZ is, that we will not accept the delivery status and because I live in the UK and they use royal mail, KZ won't be able to fake the actual delivery. Also, they have now sold 1712 sets. If they don't have the actual IEM's why would they keep selling them.

May 15, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #61,438 of 64,373
Just got my hbb pr2 in. Wow, amazing to think how far chi-fi has come in the last couple years. These are my easiest recommendation for anyone wanting to pick up a decent set of earphones at a really good price.

May 15, 2023 at 9:04 PM Post #61,439 of 64,373
Seeing the folks here reporting that some Aliexpress shops shipped their KZ PR2 with a placeholder tracking number just a day or two before the shipping window expires.

This is a very common practice as I posted in an earlier post (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-4087#post-17550630), especially when the shops do not have the stock in hand (ie they took too many orders or didn't anticipate the number of interested buyers). So they use this placeholder tracking to bypass Aliexpress' penalty for shipping orders too late. Sometimes the tracking number then mysteriously changes weeks later.

Most of the time, the item still comes in, but many weeks later, once production catches up with the orders. But beware that some unscrupulous shops will mark this fake tracking as "delivered" and after a few days later, the money held in escrow is released to the shop, regardless of whether the consumer receives the item. Perhaps do pay attention to where the tracking sends it to every few days, take screen shots, and if the item is delivered to somewhere other than your home, please report with screen shots to back you up to the Aliexpress CS, usually they will side with the buyer.

This is a useful global tracking site that I use: https://www.17track.net/en. It is updated quite frequently and sometimes the tracking here is totally different from the Aliexpress tracking link sent (ie the latter is a scam tracking number from the shop). Sometimes it is also useful to pay via credit card/paypal so you can file a charge back if the shop plays punk, and try to buy only from reputable shops with > 95% positive feedback. If a price is too good to be true on some low rated site/new site with zero reviews, then your antenna should be up.

May 15, 2023 at 9:23 PM Post #61,440 of 64,373
I have a tracking number as well, but its also not showing anything. sometimes though it takes a while for any updates to show. The problem for KZ is, that we will not accept the delivery status and because I live in the UK and they use royal mail, KZ won't be able to fake the actual delivery. Also, they have now sold 1712 sets. If they don't have the actual IEM's why would they keep selling them.

Same here, no update on tracking. They are still selling, because they wants money! My bet is that the workers in the KZ OEM factory are chained to the benches, while the overhearers are very busy cracking whips.

"No worries, we do three months production, end next week!":scream:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back