Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 29, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #59,371 of 63,916
Thats what I think ! :L3000:

Screenshot_20220529-153054.png
Yep, nothing scientific and only two things that I could try it out but the bass gets a blanket thrown over it and it starts to sound like a badly matched hybrid who's dynamic isn't clean enough. Easily powered and perfect tuning for BT. Think I said it in the CCA thread a while ago that they need to make a TWS with the CRA driver.
1653830587414.png

:)

May 29, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #59,373 of 63,916
KZ done with hybrid for now, talking about "tecnicality" I actually prefer my old Zsn with PEQ over Zex pro. The BA gives it details without making it harsh, also better soundstage.
The ol ZSN still pretty damn good.
and yes, it have smoother treble than the problematic treble of Zexpro.
But i still prefer ZEXPro for that seamless clear imaging and layering which works wonders with medium-small stage that it have for band music or small orchestra music.

I simply wish they make ZEXProUltra with similar tuning but better drivers,
Smoother treble and deeper, textured bass.

KZ have experiment with DD, but so far no news on their next BA units.

Last edited:
May 31, 2022 at 7:28 PM Post #59,375 of 63,916
The ol ZSN still pretty damn good.
and yes, it have smoother treble than the problematic treble of Zexpro.
But i still prefer ZEXPro for that seamless clear imaging and layering which works wonders with medium-small stage that it have for band music or small orchestra music.

I simply wish they make ZEXProUltra with similar tuning but better drivers,
Smoother treble and deeper, textured bass.

KZ have experiment with DD, but so far no news on their next BA units.
ZSN, ZSN pro and CA4 are still competitive and nice sounding; BA agility is hard to mimic by a DD.
I could not get idea of the ZSN pro X, so it became a donor for parts.

For the best KZ/CCA hybrids, ZAX and CA16 are still a really great complimentary pair for under $100. To me, ZAX with the BA bass instead of DD would be amazing; may be I will try to "Frankenstein" it one day :)

I personally do not think that the driver with the rigid magnetic plate in between two magnetic coils that KZ called "EST/MST" is any competitive. Good DDs and BAs are sufficient.

A planar by KZ may be interesting, I hope after TRN's recent announcement that it is imminent :)

Jun 2, 2022 at 9:48 PM Post #59,380 of 63,916
I find myself frustrated with iems because sometimes I find my self enjoying my beloved Zsr off my Coolpad phone more than my Xelento or n5005 via expensive dap, of course they aren't as refined, but man are they fun, powerful and Punchy lol.
Don't be frustrated. You are in a good place. If you like something, just enjoy it. That's what this hobby should be about.

Jun 2, 2022 at 10:36 PM Post #59,381 of 63,916
I find myself frustrated with iems because sometimes I find my self enjoying my beloved Zsr off my Coolpad phone more than my Xelento or n5005 via expensive dap, of course they aren't as refined, but man are they fun, powerful and Punchy lol.

Some people's take on this hobby seems to be: "learning to be unsatisfied".

Perfection is a concept, not the latest $xxxx IEM.

We all have different preferences, so our ideals aren't the same.

What you hate, someone else will love (and vice versa).

Spending more money doesn't make you a better audiophile, what it makes you, is poorer!

Seriously, why are you reading this, when you could be listening to music?

Jun 3, 2022 at 12:32 AM Post #59,382 of 63,916
KZ VX10 I've had em about two weeks and they're very good at playing music, much better than the Sony or Bose I had before but they suck as communication devices.

They remind me a lot of my ZS10 I had and they get very loud but they're not nearly as sibilant who's is great for my ears.
They have massive bass extension the reaches way into the lower sub region that will shake your eardrums as if you're in a car with two 12's in the back. Yet, they're very well balanced as well. Male and females voices are clear with a lot of detail Sabrina Claudio ultra sensuous feminine voice will make you fall in love with all over again.

They provide a holographic 3d and wide stage.

I had to get two pair because the cost pair had a channel inbalance left to right but Amazon return policy is excellent.

The built in amps are mega! You can feel the music and they are very clean as with a very low noise celling. I don't get any hiss when turned all the way down.

Aesthetically they are the pro version in my opinion they fit that bill perfectly

Overall I really enjoy them. I've been waiting for a multi driver set like these for some time, do any other manufacturers produce them?

I like them so much I plan on giving them away as gifts on Christmas

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2022 at 7:57 AM Post #59,383 of 63,916
Some people's take on this hobby seems to be: "learning to be unsatisfied".

Perfection is a concept, not the latest $xxxx IEM.

We all have different preferences, so our ideals aren't the same.

What you hate, someone else will love (and vice versa).

Spending more money doesn't make you a better audiophile, what it makes you, is poorer!

Seriously, why are you reading this, when you could be listening to music?

I suppose I should of clarified what I
really meant, alittle better, I'm pretty impressed with how my zsr sounds compared to my more expensive iems, in no way does this realization cause me a lack of sleep or enjoyment of anything :)

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2022 at 8:06 AM Post #59,384 of 63,916
I suppose I should of clarified what I
really meant, alittle better, I'm pretty impressed with how my zsr sounds compared to my more expensive iems, in no way does this realization cause me a lack of sleep or enjoyment of anything :)
I wasn't criticizing, I agree with you! Cheap stuff, that's fun to listen to, is a win/win. For your ears and your wallet! :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back