Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 25, 2022 at 12:17 AM Post #58,981 of 63,916
i don't agree on the paying good money part, these iems are cheap and keeps the market in check so other chifi manufacturers price accordingly.

the lack of a true crossover prevents the frequencies from being segregated into it's proper drivers. I don't hear that magneto static driver in my zex pro but the BA is definitely there. the signature peaks in the treble range proves that for sure.

as for the glue clogging the sound tubes and stuff it's to be expected at this price due to QC or lack of it.
As a consumer; when I buy something; no matter what the cost; I expect it to work as advertised. Therefore; no matter the price, if a company advertises 3 or more drivers in an earphone; as a consumer, I expect them ALL to be fully functional. It doesn't matter if the set is under $50 or more. If the set is advertised with a certain number of drivers and technology, then the set must function as described, with all components working as advertised. That is not what has happened in this case. Paying good money isn't about how much you paid. It's about how satisfied you are with your overall purchase and if the product actually functions the way it was presented and advertised. If what you spent your hard earned money on is only partially assembled, then what's the point? It's like buying an 8 cylinder car; that only has 4 cylinders that are actually working. For many people, iems under $50 are an expensive starting point and an introduction to better quality audio. They also deserve to get what they paid for. To me, it's as simple as this; if you advertised your product with features like multiple driver sets, I expect them to work as advertised with all drivers fully functional. Anything less than that, is dishonest and deceitful.

Mar 25, 2022 at 12:29 AM Post #58,982 of 63,916
As a consumer; when I buy something; no matter what the cost; I expect it to work as advertised. Therefore; no matter the price, if a company advertises 3 or more drivers in an earphone; as a consumer, I expect them ALL to be fully functional. It doesn't matter if the set is under $50 or more. If the set is advertised with a certain number of drivers and technology, then the set must function as described, with all components working as advertised. That is not what has happened in this case. Paying good money isn't about how much you paid. It's about how satisfied you are with your overall purchase and if the product actually functions the way it was presented and advertised. If what you spent your hard earned money on is only partially assembled, then what's the point? It's like buying an 8 cylinder car; that only has 4 cylinders that are actually working. For many people, iems under $50 are an expensive starting point and an introduction to better quality audio. They also deserve to get what they paid for. To me, it's as simple as this; if you advertised your product with features like multiple driver sets, I expect them to work as advertised with all drivers fully functional. Anything less than that, is dishonest and deceitful.
as a consumer myself, I don't care about the drivers and stuff. As long as it sounds good, I'm fine with it.

Mar 25, 2022 at 1:16 AM Post #58,983 of 63,916
as a consumer myself, I don't care about the drivers and stuff. As long as it sounds good, I'm fine with it.
Fair enough. Can't argue with that at all. We are all different and we all have different tastes and expectations. Personally...and this is just me...I buy iems because I'm looking for multiple different sound signatures for the many different genres I listen to. So, I like to seek out iems with different driver configurations. When doing so, I rely alot on advertising and reviews. Tonight, I pulled the trigger on a set of 7HZ Timeless planar iems. I've never had a set of planar magnetic iems before, so after reading so many positive reviews on headfi and on YouTube; I decided to finally grab myself a pair. Can't wait to hear them and I've heard nothing bad about whether they have any driver issues.

Mar 25, 2022 at 1:17 AM Post #58,984 of 63,916
Fair enough. Can't argue with that at all. We are all different and we all have different tastes and expectations. Personally...and this is just me...I buy iems because I'm looking for multiple different sound signatures for the many different genres I listen to. So, I like to seek out iems with different driver configurations. When doing so, I rely alot on advertising and reviews. Tonight, I pulled the trigger on a set of 7HZ Timeless planar iems. I've never had a set of planar magnetic iems before, so after reading so many positive reviews on headfi and on YouTube; I decided to finally grab myself a pair. Can't wait to hear them and I've heard nothing bad about whether they have any driver issues.
Hmm but we have letshuoer s12 aswell with 50$ discount

Mar 25, 2022 at 1:37 AM Post #58,985 of 63,916
Congratulations! The Timeless are great iems. Love them! As @Tzennn alluded to, there is also the S12 and by many accounts, they are similar. I do love the Timeless paired with the RU6.

Mar 25, 2022 at 1:51 AM Post #58,986 of 63,916
while i do agree with your point of view on this matter on other products in general, on chifi products i have been trained to keep my expectations low... lol

Mar 25, 2022 at 3:03 AM Post #58,987 of 63,916
Well at least the 7Hz Timeless has only one driver. If that's not functional, you're in trouble LOL!

Mar 25, 2022 at 8:07 AM Post #58,988 of 63,916
Not sure how you can say that it's speculation, when 2 individuals actually tore these iems apart and showed how the drivers were either disconnected or covered with glue. That's not speculation, my friend. That's proof that they DID actually do that.
That's on the DQ6S. The speculation part is that EVERY KZ model is like this, which we can't know as of now unless someone goes through the trouble of tearing all of them down and checking the electronics or remeasuring them with the drivers deliberately disconnected. That's been done for some other models where it did turn out the BAs are heavily dampened (so, connected and outputting sound but at really low volume and basically inaudible), but on others (like the all-BA models from what I'm seeing) it seems to be a proper multi driver design where every driver is outputting sound significantly. The AS12 at least seem to be like that.

In any case, for the time being, people should prolly keep calm and just buy the CCA CRA if they want KZ. One driver, apparently killer sound, no headaches. And cheaper than most of their models.

Mar 25, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #58,990 of 63,916
That's on the DQ6S. The speculation part is that EVERY KZ model is like this, which we can't know as of now unless someone goes through the trouble of tearing all of them down and checking the electronics or remeasuring them with the drivers deliberately disconnected. That's been done for some other models where it did turn out the BAs are heavily dampened (so, connected and outputting sound but at really low volume and basically inaudible), but on others (like the all-BA models from what I'm seeing) it seems to be a proper multi driver design where every driver is outputting sound significantly. The AS12 at least seem to be like that.

In any case, for the time being, people should prolly keep calm and just buy the CCA CRA if they want KZ. One driver, apparently killer sound, no headaches. And cheaper than most of their models.
+1 on CRA rec

Mar 25, 2022 at 11:34 PM Post #58,991 of 63,916
Hmm but we have letshuoer s12 aswell with 50$ discount
Good point and I noticed this today while perusing the Aliexpress sale. I may have to pick up this set as well.

Mar 25, 2022 at 11:58 PM Post #58,992 of 63,916

Agreed. Where is @Slater, when I need him? That dude has the skills to break down these KZ'S and figure out if components are working or not. He disected a bunch of TRN replacement cables a few years ago and has the skills to rip these multi driver sets apart and test them to see if they work.

Mar 26, 2022 at 4:19 AM Post #58,993 of 63,916
Hello guys, what do you think about the KZ ZES?
IMG-20220324-WA0031.jpeg

Mar 26, 2022 at 6:59 AM Post #58,994 of 63,916
AS16 selling for $43.50 at Luck LZ store, Ali Express. That is a very good price.

Mar 26, 2022 at 8:52 AM Post #58,995 of 63,916
AS16 selling for $43.50 at Luck LZ store, Ali Express. That is a very good price.
Though it will be $40 more if you want one where all the drivers are connected. :) Hey somebody had to make the joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back