Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 7, 2022 at 6:58 AM Post #58,171 of 63,916
CRA is bad CRA is bad ... My wallet is in danger ... I can't let myself buy another set when i just ordered one. i'm waiting for some anti hype comment ...
Btw i remember buying Og VK4 and give it away because of resolution is quite bad compare to hybrid from KZ (KZ zsn prox). How CRA sounds like compare to VK4 ?
Buy it when it still v1, when another batch are produced you might have another CLONE ( like ZSR)

Jan 7, 2022 at 7:13 AM Post #58,172 of 63,916
Buy it when it still v1, when another batch are produced you might have another CLONE ( like ZSR)
nah i buy the first batch, pretty sure about that but they kind of meh, tuning is good but tech isn't

Jan 7, 2022 at 8:31 AM Post #58,174 of 63,916
CRA is bad CRA is bad ... My wallet is in danger ... I can't let myself buy another set when i just ordered one. i'm waiting for some anti hype comment ...
Btw i remember buying Og VK4 and give it away because of resolution is quite bad compare to hybrid from KZ (KZ zsn prox). How CRA sounds like compare to VK4 ?
Err, the upper treble is a bit elevated so vocals come out a bit dry for males and sharp for females? But can you fault it when it does everything else so well? and at $15 to boot?

I haven’t heard the VK4, but in terms of perceived details the CRA is certainly ahead of the ZEX and on par with the ZAX, to my ears at least.
Regular ZEX or ZEX PRO (CRN)?

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2022 at 8:45 AM Post #58,175 of 63,916
Err, the upper treble is a bit elevated so vocals come out a bit dry for males and sharp for females? But can you fault it when it does everything else so well? and at $15 to boot?

Regular ZEX or ZEX PRO (CRN)?
Regular ZEX.

Jan 7, 2022 at 9:09 AM Post #58,176 of 63,916
Well i mean i kinda want to hop on that hype train aswell because of these very positive comment but i listen to a lot of female vocals, 5k peak might be a deal breaker for me, also there is a lots of upcoming iem that seems really good to me like LEÁ. Want to buy it, but scared because don't have much money left ... Sad
Also price doesn't tied with sound quality to begin with so...

Jan 7, 2022 at 9:14 AM Post #58,177 of 63,916
Well i mean i kinda want to hop on that hype train aswell because of these very positive comment but i listen to a lot of female vocals, 5k peak might be a deal breaker for me, also there is a lots of upcoming iem that seems really good to me like LEÁ. Want to buy it, but scared because don't have much money left ... Sad
Also price doesn't tied with sound quality to begin with so...
Do you listen loudly? At lower volumes the elevated treble of th CRA can become unnoticeable or even preferable. I just listen very loudly (~90db) when reviewing as it brings out the detail (or lack thereof), flaws and basically just puts the iem under a microscope.

About the hype, I don't consider it hype as much as well deserved praise for the iem.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2022 at 9:36 AM Post #58,178 of 63,916
Well, damn. Second CRA came in and look.

graph - 2022-01-07T153530.691.png

Great unit matching.

graph - 2022-01-07T153426.694.png

And this is TOTL class channel matching.

Jan 7, 2022 at 9:45 AM Post #58,179 of 63,916
Do you listen loudly? At lower volumes the elevated treble of th CRA can become unnoticeable or even preferable. I just listen very loudly (~90db) when reviewing as it brings out the detail (or lack thereof), flaws and basically just puts the iem under a microscope.
I think i'm low volume listener. More like i hesitate because i miss some harman tuned iem. I'll wait until rikudou goku drop his review then i might buy it. Thanks tho

Jan 7, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #58,180 of 63,916
My ZEX Pro is came today and I am using it for 5 hours by now. Feels confortable for me, despite the stock cable - I don't like it.
At first, I disliked the soundstage and felt that the IEM is not airy, have no resolution, or details. My set have no peak at 8 khz, or I can't notice it. After EQ-ing the upper freqs (based on the graph of Crinnacle, to compensate the depressions) this IEM became somehow very enjoyable, energetic, euphonic, airy and... with much better resolution and larger soundstage than at first use. It seems that KZ had again nailed a very good item for the price.

Jan 7, 2022 at 10:30 AM Post #58,181 of 63,916
Well, damn. Second CRA came in and look.

graph - 2022-01-07T153530.691.png
Great unit matching.

graph - 2022-01-07T153426.694.png
And this is TOTL class channel matching.
Well i mean its one driver vs 6? 8? 10?? How many drivers are we putting into iems nowadays?

Unit to unit tolerance is great tho

Jan 7, 2022 at 10:40 AM Post #58,182 of 63,916
Well i mean its one driver vs 6? 8? 10?? How many drivers are we putting into iems nowadays?

Unit to unit tolerance is great tho
Not really even single DD that i bought from moondrop (SSR and Spaceship) both have some QC issue (imbalance channel). KZ already king of QC i think

Jan 7, 2022 at 11:03 AM Post #58,184 of 63,916
Quick thoughts on 2k or 3k pinna peak? Too hard to search for...
2k for neutral vocal 3k for female vocal emphasis. Just my thought tho

Jan 7, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #58,185 of 63,916
Quick thoughts on 2k or 3k pinna peak? Too hard to search for...

2k for neutral vocal 3k for female vocal emphasis. Just my thought tho
Having one broad sweeping statement doesn't really work because the rest of the FR curve also matters. That and how said pinna gain is executed also matters.

For instance, The ZAX and Aria can both be said to have a 3khz pinna peak sound way different due to how the peak is done and how high they are relative to the rest of the FR curve.

graph(1).png

Doesn't help that different people will have different perceptions and interpretations of how natural sounds like. People used to the more forward vocals of the ZAX may think that the Aria has recessed vocals for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back