Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 5, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #53,521 of 64,137
are the DQ6 and the NM2+ comparable?

ive personally never heard the NM2+, but just keep in mind that the DQ6 is an entry/budget level $20 earphone.

Jan 5, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #53,522 of 64,137
Oh, that looks so good, I would like to hear them. I have ZS10 Pro, first ZSN and ZSX.

@Slater , Tell him easy big boy! Those Blon's are a keeper and should always be re-visited :wink:

Snow, I have all those model's and the BA-10's are a nice compliment to all of them and may throw you at first cause all BA does sound different than DD or Hybrid's but the execution of the BA-10 is just crazy good but as I always say WAHTALD (ymmv) but if they fit you and you get that killer seal you will be amazed:wink: Fit for large iem's has never been a problem for me, now nozzle length is a whole nutha story:rolling_eyes: As you can see from Shrek's big old bald head big iem's just seem to become comfortable cave dwellers:smirk:

Cave Dwellers.JPG

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #53,523 of 64,137
Personally, I really like KZs in terms of construction, they would be huge killers if they hit the sound because the fit, the construction and the accessories are better than the competition (Blon, I'm looking at you ... your cable looks like an offense) .

I'm actually facing a dilemma, now I have the BL-01 and I like it because it's very musical and silky, I would like to know if it's time to get rid of them by betting on DQ6.

DQ6 is easier to drive, has a much better cable and some chance of fitting without aftermarket tips. It's totally slightly brighter and seems to have better technicalities than the BL01. Soundstage is more restricted though. It's very intimate.

I've not done any serious comparative listening between the two yet though. One doesn't stand out as being a whole lot "better" than the other. Just "different". To my ears the Blon is a tad more comfortable, and the unit itself seems better built, but that's so subjective I'm not even gonna commit to that.

Jan 5, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #53,524 of 64,137
ive personally never heard the NM2+, but just keep in mind that the DQ6 is an entry/budget level $20 earphone.

That's very true but I'd bet that most people could consider a seriously budget IEM as endgame or virtually endgame if the tuning and tonality fitted their exact requirements completely. From what I've heard of the DQ6, it's definitely gonna be that for somebody.

Jan 5, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #53,525 of 64,137
DQ6 is easier to drive, has a much better cable and some chance of fitting without aftermarket tips. It's totally slightly brighter and seems to have better technicalities than the BL01. Soundstage is more restricted though. It's very intimate.

I've not done any serious comparative listening between the two yet though. One doesn't stand out as being a whole lot "better" than the other. Just "different". To my ears the Blon is a tad more comfortable, and the unit itself seems better built, but that's so subjective I'm not even gonna commit to that.

Thanks for your words. In your opinion, which has the best note tone and timbre?

Jan 5, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #53,526 of 64,137
Thanks for your words. In your opinion, which has the best note tone and timbre?

For me, personally, the BL01. The DQ6 is a shade sharper on the attack. Saying that, the DQ6 responds much more readily to EQ if that's your thing. If smooth, rich timbre is your thing, the BL03 is better than either. They're all so good though. I've got a pair of Tin P1s which I wanted so badly, but the Blon triplets and the DQ6 get more listen time.

Jan 5, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #53,527 of 64,137
That's very true but I'd bet that most people could consider a seriously budget IEM as endgame or virtually endgame if the tuning and tonality fitted their exact requirements completely. From what I've heard of the DQ6, it's definitely gonna be that for somebody.

Sure, I totally agree

Jan 5, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #53,528 of 64,137
Hmm, I will admit KZ has had an off day (model) every once in a while but can't agree totally on the BA thing cause these babies right here are in my top 5 iem's ever and once again my favorite all BA iem period :wink: Not that I'm doubting you as "We all do hear them just a little differently" but I still believe KZ hits far more out the park for the buying dollar than not:thinking:

I'll tell you something else, this entire setup cost me a whopping $112 w/cable and will wipe the floor on some $300 rigs I own (at least as I hear it) but of course ymmv:beerchug:

112 Delivers.JPG
Yes, I agree, the BA10 is really special. The bass is more dynamic-like and the midrange timbre is excellent. Treble is more dialled back with no BA in the nozzle. KZ's finest to date IMO.

Jan 5, 2021 at 6:11 PM Post #53,529 of 64,137

Yeah, I've switching between Jadeaudio EA1 & DQ6 in the past few days for casual listening; I don't really feel much gain/loss in quality between them. Slightly different sound signatures - EA1 has more balanced lows/highs and a slight V, while DQ6 is more forward with stronger bass. IMO, they are both very well suited for daily use, and even for some critical listening.

Jan 5, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #53,530 of 64,137
I think the Chi-Fi market has more or less reached full saturation point now. Some IEMs stand out as being out and out "bad", but most really are at a level where even if someone were to buy the "wrong" IEM, if they didn't hear any of the others they would likely be happy with their purchase.
It also has to be said that even the stand out "bad" ones seem to be better than they used to be. What is interesting is where we go from here. Will it stagnate, or will the likes of the DQ6 and the Blon BL01 sound as bad a couple of years from now as the KZ ZS10 sounds now?

Jan 5, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #53,531 of 64,137
Will it stagnate, or will the likes of the DQ6 and the Blon BL01 sound as bad a couple of years from now as the KZ ZS10 sounds now?
You musn't forget we hang around a highly critical audio forum. Go into any supermarket's audio section; I am quite sure even KZ ATE will still dominate in terms of sound value, if not being TOTL for some of their buyers. Headfiers are fussy! :)

Jan 5, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #53,532 of 64,137
LOL, my old KZ ED9's at $7.99 can destroy the $19.99 plastic Skull Kandies at Best Buy every day of the week and we can probably name 20/30 $19.99 iem's off the top of our heads here that are leaps and bounds better than those SK's :smirk:

Jan 5, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #53,533 of 64,137
Personally, I really like KZs in terms of construction, they would be huge killers if they hit the sound because the fit, the construction and the accessories are better than the competition (Blon, I'm looking at you ... your cable looks like an offense) .

I'm actually facing a dilemma, now I have the BL-01 and I like it because it's very musical and silky, I would like to know if it's time to get rid of them by betting on DQ6.

There's lot of world to see. Get the DQ6. :L3000:

Jan 5, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #53,534 of 64,137
are the DQ6 and the NM2+ comparable?

Actually I find the DQ6 to be more musical and has better vertical imaging. The NM2+ sounds more 2D to my ears but quite a bit faster and a lot more technical. Thou some may find the DQ6 'boring'.

Edit: However, the DQ6 isn't nearly as good for female vocal due to the lack of enough treble extension. For instrumental tracks the DQ6 may even has an edge.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #53,535 of 64,137
Actually I find the DQ6 to be more musical and has better vertical imaging. The NM2+ sounds more 2D to my ears but quite a bit faster and a lot more technical. Thou some may find the DQ6 'boring'.
IMO, the 2 smaller drivers in DQ6 is too conservatively tuned; there's still headroom in them. Throwing in a brighter cable from your collection, or EQing the highs can eke out still more performance from the pair. IMO, the overall sound gets more vibrant and cleaner, but losing some warmth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back