Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 22, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #5,311 of 63,906
  ATE good part for EDM is its soundstage but by sound signature/music genre, I would take ED9 and maybe even use gold filters for EDM.

smily_headphones1.gif
Coil, You and I hear things quite differently I'm Guessing. The ED9 is the Brightest IEM  of the KZs that I have heard. I'm at the point that It's too fatiquing for me to listen to for any long period. I like the EDSE or ATE much better for Extended listening.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jul 22, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #5,312 of 63,906
  Anyone tried out the KZ DT3 yet? Build quality seems nice.

They are very light weight, fit well and work very well for my yard/house chore listening.  More bass than some KZ and details are enough to keep them enjoyable during the task at hand.  Not my fav for just listening.

On another note, as compensation for botching my ATE order, the KZ store sent me two of their new cases (my requested compensation). They're not bad, but the old round case is better; more spacious and better built. These look sweet though (my pic sucks...).

I  now use several, the round ones are nicer but these stack and store well.  I left mine in the southern USA sun for a day and now no smells.

The wires are pretty light and springy, even with the brass weights so they may pop over your ears if you bob while jogging. Those silicon earhooks that are on aliexpress do mitigate it to some degree though.

I find adding a cinch works better than the hooks, I wear glasses.  Try my free and adjustable cinch:

YMMV,
r2

PS
KZ Official Store order of ED10, RX, and silver ATE arrived :wink:

Jul 22, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #5,313 of 63,906

smily_headphones1.gif
Coil, You and I hear things quite differently I'm Guessing. The ED9 is the Brightest IEM  of the KZs that I have heard. I'm at the point that It's too fatiquing for me to listen to for any long period. I like the EDSE or ATE much better for Extended listening.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Ironically, both of you are correct....

While I hear the ATE's as well behaved in the bass sector with great soundstage and clarity even noticing micro-details on top my friend at work hears them as bass-heavy. Ear canals, whether is width, depth, small, medium, large, and different ear-tips can change everyone's perception on what they're hearing.

.....just my 2 cents.
wink.gif

@TWIN,

Have you tried the ED10's yet? Are they off the burner? What's your take by far?

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #5,314 of 63,906
They are very light weight, fit well and work very well for my yard/house chore listening.  More bass than some KZ and details are enough to keep them enjoyable during the task at hand.  Not my fav for just listening.

I  now use several, the round ones are nicer but these stack and store well.  I left mine in the southern USA sun for a day and now no smells.
I find adding a cinch works better than the hooks, I wear glasses.  Try my free and adjustable cinch:

YMMV,
r2

PS
KZ Official Store order of ED10, RX, and silver ATE arrived :wink:

Ooh that cinch actually looks pretty slick! I used the included velcro tie haha..

Jul 22, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #5,317 of 63,906
Have you tried the ED3? Those are pretty bass-lite. They share that EDse/ED9 signature, but lack the bass. Quite a nice earphone.

Lol ed9 is supposed to have bass? Mine was definitely defective from day 1 then.

Jul 22, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #5,318 of 63,906
Have you tried the ED3? Those are pretty bass-lite. They share that EDse/ED9 signature, but lack the bass. Quite a nice earphone.

I put the ED 3 away some time ago and have not listened to them since, I am going to tonight.
I remember putting them away because they were mainly bass.  Now I have to know if my perception has changed or my memory wrong.

Thanks,

r2

Jul 22, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #5,319 of 63,906
Just got the ED10. With the whirlwind blue tips it stays in my ears while running and sounds excellent. Another $8 winner.

They have the normal KZ bass push, clear vocals, good instrument separation, and mediocre treble extension.. which means they sound like most IEMs that are around $40 domestically.

I'm honestly not sure if I like the ATE or ED10 better. Both are very good as they are. The ED9 requires mods to the nozzles to sound their best. They are either too bass light or too bass heavy as is. 

Jul 22, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #5,322 of 63,906
  ED9 + Gold Nozzle + Comply T400 tips give enough bass for EDM for me

This. Also, if you want even more bass (although at a bit of a cost on other things), you can try pushing the comply tip all the way up over the nozzle, so that it's flush to the IEM body. Try it out :)

Jul 22, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #5,323 of 63,906
Currently considering buying the ates and i need a little help before i buy them. Im looking at the silver and black versions on amazon and i dont know which to pick, either http://www.amazon.com/Copper-Driver-Headphones-Running-Eartips/dp/B00ZPEHYRS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1437605518&sr=8-2&keywords=kz+ate or http://www.amazon.com/Earphone-Headphones-Running-Eartips-Microphone/dp/B00Y0F6IBG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437605518&sr=8-1&keywords=kz+ate . Is there a difference other than color? Has anyone bought these from amazon cause the silver says it has the ear hooks but the black doesnt mention this. Do the blacks also come with the hooks or is it only the silver? Or am i reading this entirely wrong and neither come with it. 

Jul 22, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #5,324 of 63,906

Ironically, both of you are correct....

While I hear the ATE's as well behaved in the bass sector with great soundstage and clarity even noticing micro-details on top my friend at work hears them as bass-heavy. Ear canals, whether is width, depth, small, medium, large, and different ear-tips can change everyone's perception on what they're hearing.

.....just my 2 cents.
wink.gif

@TWIN,

Have you tried the ED10's yet? Are they off the burner? What's your take by far?

smily_headphones1.gif
Yep. Great Bass, a little soft. I'm hearing (so Far) Recessed Mids on Vocals. Treble isn't prominent or recessed. I think you will like them. I've had to suspend their burn -in @ 92 Hours, (yes I keep burn-in logs),  in favor of the Flare R2As being on the cooker. It's Really a shame when you have MORE iems Breaking in, than sources.
biggrin.gif
On the Burner I currently have KZ Micro Rings, D2 Pro (sidy HK1 clone),KZ  ED10s, Trinity Deltas, Flare Audio R2As.

I'm also considering the Fidue A73s.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jul 23, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #5,325 of 63,906
Don't know if this has been posted in English before.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Preheat-KZ-ZN1-headphones-smart-headset-earbuds-original-ZN1-earphone-Noise-Cancelling-bass-auriculares-audifonos-casque/32402454327.html

intelligent alerts when users set the volume exceeds the maximum, the headset will alert and inform the user sound too loud may damage your hearing. When users use a headset in a row more than 90 minutes, the headset will alert and inform the user needs proper rest to avoid ear fatigue.

Now isn't that everything you've ever wanted from a sound setup, can't imagine that getting annoying or anything...
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back