Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 21, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #5,283 of 63,907
 There are lots of impressions earlier on in the thread. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Ah, ok. Sorry, noob mistake. I'll check back, thanks!

Jul 21, 2015 at 7:30 AM Post #5,284 of 63,907

Shenzhen is the name of the city that the factories are based actually. It's pretty much the tech capital of China. As far as I know the OEM for KX is this company called Shenzhen Yuan Ze. I think it's this one:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1358152

Then again a lot of people buy from different stores and have no issues. The only issues tend to be QC related.

Oh... OK thanks for that. I hope this is a reputable seller I'd like a good representation of how this hp actually sounds. If there are issue's with this seller I'll post here so others know.

Jul 21, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #5,286 of 63,907
These things looked so well built, I was very surprised when my ED9 broke 2 days in, well before my T1e no less which I abuse daily.

Jul 21, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #5,287 of 63,907
These things looked so well built, I was very surprised when my ED9 broke 2 days in, well before my T1e no less which I abuse daily.
Where did it break?

Jul 21, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #5,288 of 63,907

Any seller info?

Jul 21, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #5,289 of 63,907
  Any seller info?

It was the ED9 fullfilled by Amazon, I can return it thankfully.

@Arsis
The right ear became quieter and quieter until you can hardly hear anything even with channel balancers. 

Jul 21, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #5,290 of 63,907
  It was the ED9 fullfilled by Amazon, I can return it thankfully.

@Arsis
The right ear became quieter and quieter until you can hardly hear anything even with channel balancers. 

Smart move... I usually order everything from Amazon as well but tried aliexpress for the ED9 & ANV... if there's any issue's I'll just order from Amazon only from now on. I saved 8 bucks but that's not worth it if you have to deal with bs.
Fingers crossed. Howd they sound when they worked?

Jul 21, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #5,291 of 63,907
  Smart move... I usually order everything from Amazon as well but tried aliexpress for the ED9 & ANV... if there's any issue's I'll just order from Amazon only from now on. I saved 8 bucks but that's not worth it if you have to deal with bs.
Fingers crossed. Howd they sound when they worked?

I have eight pages of past and present orders on AliExpress and have only had one bad item in all those purchases from different sellers. Had a $16 waterproof DAP/FM only play the FM no matter what I did with controls, loaded it to the max with files however they won't play through the headphone out
frown.gif
Can plug the headphone out to USB into CPU and play the files off the HDD but just can't get those files to play from the player through the phones so it's just FM while swimming! I have had some minor QC problems with the KZ's but nothing I could not correct or deal with.

Jul 21, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #5,292 of 63,907
Finally! A functioning pair of CM9s arrived :D Fourth time is a charm I guess.

They are not at all what I was expecting, which was something ED3-like; treble and upper-mid heavy, with little bass. They are in fact the exact opposite; stupidly sub-bass heavy with smooth but recessed treble and mids. They are very clear, detailed, and spacious sounding, but the bass is just intense. These are easily the most bass heavy (sub-bass especially) KZs I own. Not sure how I feel about them yet...

On another note, as compensation for botching my ATE order, the KZ store sent me two of their new cases (my requested compensation). They're not bad, but the old round case is better; more spacious and better built. These look sweet though (my pic sucks...).

Jul 21, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #5,293 of 63,907
Just tried some different tips on my E300's and what a difference! I really didn't like this hp much but the tip change made a major difference in sound and now it's much better.
Any opinions on ordering some replacement tips as I have zero experience with IEM not to mention replacement tips. My ears are small and I've been using the standard soft rubber tips that come with earphones... usually always the small size. I have the ED9 & ANV on the way.

Jul 21, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #5,294 of 63,907
smily_headphones1.gif
AS good as these KZ Earphones are, I just received The Trinity DELTAS from the Trinity Audio Kickstarter......

WOW.
I Am Speechless
cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back