Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 4, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #51,511 of 63,884
For what's its worth, tws are more comfortable than a trn bt20 and an iem especially if you wear glasses and a mask. I use tws sets far more than my trn bt20, which is almost pemantly attached to a an iem that cannot be named here. I think all but the new ones would damage the kz type c connectors too. Which is a consideration.

With glasses and a mask you can just use the regular BT adapter with the cable and peel off that STUPID "memory" metal and rubber they attach to behind the ears part of the cable.

Isn't the Fiio UTWS1 a better product than TRN BT20s Pro? or will it not fit KZ IEMS ??

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #51,512 of 63,884
With glasses and a mask you can just use the regular BT adapter with the cable and peel off that STUPID "memory" metal and rubber they attach to behind the ears part of the cable.

Isn't the Fiio UTWS1 a better product than TRN BT20s Pro? or will it not fit KZ IEMS ??
Yeah I've done that.

I've only used the bt20 non s. But I think the fiio one has apt-x and longer battery life. The bt 20 s has apt X I think

Oct 4, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #51,513 of 63,884
Still my go to, nothing else I've tried satisfies! Ruined me for dynamic bass, yet few other BA's hit with such authority! Paired with TRN BT20s, have 2 sets of these. Waiting on the BT20s pro and KZ ASF10 to see if lightning can strike twice!
So true!

AS10 are very special and were one of the major IEM revelations for me.

After this BA bass, DDs sound different.

Oct 4, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #51,514 of 63,884
While this may be true, I feel the ZAX has a more bolder sound. It also removes the metallic sound the ZSX may have on some tracks and the bass is a bit better. Overall I'm enjoying the ZAX more than their previous IEMs.

What about comfort of ZaX? ZSX's sound was excellent for me, but the body is simply too big and the nozzle is too long.
Even using Comply Comfort the comfort was far from perfect.
Comparing the comfort of the ZSX and ZAX is the ZAX better?

Oct 4, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #51,515 of 63,884
Still my go to, nothing else I've tried satisfies! Ruined me for dynamic bass, yet few other BA's hit with such authority! Paired with TRN BT20s, have 2 sets of these. Waiting on the BT20s pro and KZ ASF10 to see if lightning can strike twice!
Quite honestly, I think AS10 was a "mistake" by KZ - a good mistake! AFAIK, nothing in the product range by KZ/CCA sounds anything like it. Except for its lower-bass performance, it sounds very much like well-tuned DD. Btw, this IEM seems to be quite cable sensitive; I recently discovered the basic KZ silver-plated cable brings out some of the missing mid-treble sounds. It still won't satisfy the typical KZ treblehead fan but, IMO, makes the AS10 sound more balanced while retaining it's performance in the bass/mid regions.

Oct 4, 2020 at 8:27 PM Post #51,516 of 63,884
What about comfort of ZaX? ZSX's sound was excellent for me, but the body is simply too big and the nozzle is too long.
Yes. I find them to be considerably more comfortable than the ZSX. A lot closer to the ZS10 Pro, albeit thicker/taller. But I can still lay down with them in. The ZSX had that bump which helped them stay in, but it created a hot spot for me after a few hours. I'm not sure about the nozzle length. I'll have to check.

Oct 4, 2020 at 8:46 PM Post #51,517 of 63,884
If you have ZS10 Pro or CCA C10, the ZAX has similar body style as those two. It is much easier to fit for most people than the ZSX.

Oct 4, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #51,518 of 63,884
For what's its worth, tws are more comfortable than a trn bt20 and an iem especially if you wear glasses and a mask. I use tws sets far more than my trn bt20, which is almost pemantly attached to a an iem that cannot be named here. I think all but the new ones would damage the kz type c connectors too. Which is a consideration.
That's why I use my samsung galaxy buds live (the Beans) for outdoor/work while I am using the bt20s pro at home mostly connected to my PC.
It is just a hassle when you want to take off the mask because most of the time the earband will hook up to the body of the pro. Glasses has never been an iissue for me when using the bt20s pro.

Oct 4, 2020 at 8:53 PM Post #51,519 of 63,884
Wow, i feel like this post saved me time,money and future disappointment! thanks.

I'm suppose to get the "Alien Secret Predator QCC010" soon, those got 5/5 ratings by Scarbir. I think those things will give me a baseline of what to expect from U/50$ TWS and i will go from there.

Please remember me if you get the Fiil T1XS\ T1Pro. I would like to know how those stack up against KZ.
I have the T1X and it sounds about the same level as ZSN pro. I heard the XS and pro has better sound than the X. It is a really nice sounding tws imho.

Oct 4, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #51,520 of 63,884

I found the ZAX to be pretty comfortable. Lightweight and the stock large size tips gave me a good seal at medium insertion depth (didn't need to jam them in my ears). Seems like they would stick in even while moving/light exercise.

Oct 4, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #51,521 of 63,884
Definitely option 1 for me (BT adapter with IEM). For a few reasons:
1) Better sound quality than real TWS.
2) Preserves the sound signature of the IEM u are familiar with.
3) Even if BT tech is outdated, you can reuse the IEM and get a new dongle.
4) TWS sets will sooner or later have less battery life with repeated charge cycles and like point 3, at least u can reuse the IEM and find a new BT adapter.

YMMV as usual.

Yeah if I were to do TWS style, I would do something like the TRNBT20. These little ear batteries are so small that once they start losing capacity they will be useless quick.

Personally, I went with the Fiio LC-BT2 neckband + Fiio FH3 for my desk because it has ridiculous ~20hr battery, a more than decent microphone for work calls, and nice amping power.

For on the go, I use a Fiio uBTR (SUPER lightweight with about 8hrs battery) with the Shozy Form 1.1 and will very shortly be getting a short run cable like this : https://store.hiby.com/products/3-5mm-short-cable

Oct 4, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #51,522 of 63,884
Flat and KZ don't go together. You may want to look into models like the CVJ CS8/CSN, HZSound Heart Mirror, TinHiFi T2/T2+ and Moondrop SSR if you're looking for a flat-ish signature on a budget.

Personally I found the ZAX more neutralish, bright, and airy than the Tin T2+. Can't comment on the Tin T2

Oct 4, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #51,523 of 63,884
Wow, i feel like this post saved me time,money and future disappointment! thanks.

I'm suppose to get the "Alien Secret Predator QCC010" soon, those got 5/5 ratings by Scarbir. I think those things will give me a baseline of what to expect from U/50$ TWS and i will go from there.

Please remember me if you get the Fiil T1XS\ T1Pro. I would like to know how those stack up against KZ.

it's not really that clean cut, at least for me. SQ is a really subjective thing from what i see on this forum. so for me there are times that i even enjoy the sound of my TWS than wired/BT20Pro IEMs, sometimes I enjoy a particular cheaper TWS compared to the Sony XM3s or the sound of MH755 compared to my more expensive earphones..heck, even in some situations i prefer to use my cheaper TWS compared to using wired earphones... well, you get the idea.

so from me, if you're deciding between full TWS or the BT20S combo, it's more of the scenario that you're going to use it, also the features that you need for that particular situation:
-do you have an IEM that you like and want to turn into bluetooth? then go with the BT20/S/pro
-do you need IPX rating, ambient/ANC, smaller case, using it for sleeping, etc? find a TWS that have it

Oct 4, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #51,524 of 63,884
Just got the ZAX and I’ll have to play with them a bit more and change the cable too but right out of the box they’re nothing like the ZS10 Pro, which are my former pair. They’re both different. And It’s going to come down to preference. These are airy and quite open. It can take some getting used to.
Details are amazing, I can hear those fine details in songs I listen to daily that I didn’t with the ZS10 Pro. Bass is definitely more prominent on the ZAX but it’s just not doing anything for me. It’s lacking that punch im used to.
Rap/Hip hop sounds good with these. But EDM was lacking.
Now vocals...sound horrible. IMO. whether it’s male or female. vocals sound like they’re pushed to the back, while the instruments take the lead on all the songs. I’m going to change the cables tomorrow and see if that makes a difference. But all in all, the ZAX aren’t bad, just nothing special. You're better off waiting to see what else KZ releases.

Oct 4, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #51,525 of 63,884
Just got the ZAX and I’ll have to play with them a bit more and change the cable too but right out of the box they’re nothing like the ZS10 Pro, which are my former pair. They’re both different. And It’s going to come down to preference. These are airy and quite open. It can take some getting used to.
Details are amazing, I can hear those fine details in songs I listen to daily that I didn’t with the ZS10 Pro. Bass is definitely more prominent on the ZAX but it’s just not doing anything for me. It’s lacking that punch im used to.
Rap/Hip hop sounds good with these. But EDM was lacking.
Now vocals...sound horrible. IMO. whether it’s male or female. vocals sound like they’re pushed to the back, while the instruments take the lead on all the songs. I’m going to change the cables tomorrow and see if that makes a difference. But all in all, the ZAX aren’t bad, just nothing special. You're better off waiting to see what else KZ releases.
The ZAX is kinda different than other KZ I've tried. The bass usually tamed down after some hours, but the ZAX actually got more punchy with time (it might be my ears has adjust to its bass). I am quite surprise that the vocal is pushed back because when I first got it, the vocal is the one that stands out to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back