Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 11, 2020 at 12:14 AM Post #50,971 of 63,914
Oh, and just as an aside; I didn't screw around with cable swaps on my new set. Using my Tripowin Zonie balanced cable on the new set. These will stay on my new ZS10 PRO, since I already experimented with other cables on my original set that caused the protruding QDC connector to break. Not taking anymore chances on my new set. Zonie is my cable of choice with this set and it's staying on.

Sep 11, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #50,972 of 63,914
I've got the CCA C10 PRO on the way and should be here by Monday next week. Hope they sound at least as good as the ZS10 PRO.

Unfortunately, OOTB, I didn't find the CCA C10 Pro too impressive, seems like a sidegrade in the KZ/CCA stable. V shaped and somewhat bright, with sibilance to boot. Technicalities are good, but the timbre is poor for acoustic instruments. So if acoustic instruments feature predominantly in your listening, might be better to look elsewhere.

Due to the good technical performance, I think it can do well in complex music and with synthetic instruments, or other modern day genres that don't deal with acoustic instruments.

I'm still burning them in and will do some A/B testing with the ZS10 pro soon, but no big value add IMHO, I think a few weeks later KZ/CCA will churn out another multi driver hybrid and CCA C10 Pro not be talked about, or worse still, a Pro version of the CCA C10 Pro may very well appear.

Sep 11, 2020 at 12:56 AM Post #50,973 of 63,914
Unfortunately, OOTB, I didn't find the CCA C10 Pro too impressive, seems like a sidegrade in the KZ/CCA stable. V shaped and somewhat bright, with sibilance to boot. Technicalities are good, but the timbre is poor for acoustic instruments. So if acoustic instruments feature predominantly in your listening, might be better to look elsewhere.

Due to the good technical performance, I think it can do well in complex music and with synthetic instruments, or other modern day genres that don't deal with acoustic instruments.

I'm still burning them in and will do some A/B testing with the ZS10 pro soon, but no big value add IMHO, I think a few weeks later KZ/CCA will churn out another multi driver hybrid and CCA C10 Pro not be talked about, or worse still, a Pro version of the CCA C10 Pro may very well appear.
Thanks for your OOTB quick impressions. Much appreciated! To be totally honest though, I don't listen much to just acoustic music. I listen to a wide variety of genres...everything from old classic rock/pop from the 70's to hair Metal from the 80's, to Tool from the present day. I'm all over the map with the types of music I enjoy. Everyday is a different combo for me. I'm sure I will find some genres of music that the C10 PRO will be good with. Maybe even acoustic...given enough break in and the right combo of eartips and cable.

Sep 11, 2020 at 8:27 AM Post #50,974 of 63,914
Just reporting that my beloved zs10 pro (Edit) glare blue have also chipped away at the acyrilic housing around the pins too. I only just noticed it today. It is the nature of the material though. I mainly use them with a non qdc cable though, so that's probably the cause. I have used the kz type c apt X by cable about 20% of the time. I have had them a year.

If they break, I'll probably buy a replacement set. I love them so much.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #50,975 of 63,914
Dark gray/turquoise ZAX:
1599832339729.png

The turquoise with the gold nozzle looks pretty odd IMO.

Sep 11, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #50,976 of 63,914

I also got C10 pro recently and was slowly burning and comparing. Your comments prompted me to respond now.

My first impressions - great(!!), C10 pro builds on ZS10 pro (we had CA16 as a nice upgrade of C10, so it is now the turn of lively not gentle treble).

Understandably, if one likes all-engulfing mid-bass of E3000 - C10 pro would not work well (and vice versa).

I liked the treble so far and the bass seem to be tighter (to early to tell), but definitely C10 pro is for those who appreciated ZS10 pro.

So I am looking forward to hear @courierdriver impressions, I hope he will enjoy his C10 pro!

My picture (the cable below is borrowed from CA16 for the looks, I found NiceHCK pure silver litz a good pair for fit and "synergy")
15998375755774963203415991895661.jpg

Sep 11, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #50,979 of 63,914
I also got C10 pro recently and was slowly burning and comparing. Your comments prompted me to respond now.

My first impressions - great(!!), C10 pro builds on ZS10 pro (we had CA16 as a nice upgrade of C10, so it is now the turn of lively not gentle treble).

Understandably, if one likes all-engulfing mid-bass of E3000 - C10 pro would not work well (and vice versa).

I liked the treble so far and the bass seem to be tighter (to early to tell), but definitely C10 pro is for those who appreciated ZS10 pro.

So I am looking forward to hear @courierdriver impressions, I hope he will enjoy his C10 pro!

My picture (the cable below is borrowed from CA16 for the looks, I found NiceHCK pure silver litz a good pair for fit and "synergy")
Thanks for your early thoughts and impressions on the C10 PRO. Nice cable you have on it too. I'm wondering if you would clarify what you mean by the Nicehck pure silver litz cable you mentioned? Are you saying this cable matches well with the C10 PRO or the CA16? Reason I ask is that I bought 2 new cables on the last Aliexpress sale, and both should be here on Monday. I did receive my C10 PRO this morning but am holding off till I get my new balanced cables to connect to it. After my debacle with my ZS10 PRO connectors breaking, I've learned from my mistakes and being cautious about switching cables too many times on the Paragraph C earphones. Waiting to even unbox the C10 PRO till Monday, when I should get my new KBEAR Rhyme and Limpid balanced 2.5mm cables.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2020 at 10:38 PM Post #50,980 of 63,914
Thanks for your early thoughts and impressions on the C10 PRO. Nice cable you have on it too. I'm wondering if you would clarify what you mean by the Nicehck pure silver litz cable you mentioned? Are you saying this cable matches well with the C10 PRO or the CA16? Reason I ask is that I bought 2 new cables on the last Aliexpress sale, and both should be here on Monday. I did receive my C10 PRO this morning but am holding off till I get my new balanced cables to connect to it.
Sorry for a bit confusing description of the photo.
Sonically, for both CA16 and C10 pro, I would not claim that I can hear any difference between those cables (these IEMs are both 24 Ohm and not cable sensitive to my ears compared to AS10, for instance).

For me Nicehck litz works a bit better for the fit with C10 pro because with the smaller shell of C10 pro, thinner wires of litz and its preformed ear guides help to keep it more secure in my ears. While for a more chunky CA16 shell that fits tighter - thicker 16 cores with no ear guides work fine.

So your fit may be different.

Sep 12, 2020 at 1:53 AM Post #50,981 of 63,914
Sorry for a bit confusing description of the photo.
Sonically, for both CA16 and C10 pro, I would not claim that I can hear any difference between those cables (these IEMs are both 24 Ohm and not cable sensitive to my ears compared to AS10, for instance).

For me Nicehck litz works a bit better for the fit with C10 pro because with the smaller shell of C10 pro, thinner wires of litz and its preformed ear guides help to keep it more secure in my ears. While for a more chunky CA16 shell that fits tighter - thicker 16 cores with no ear guides work fine.

So your fit may be different.
What cable do you have on AS10 ?

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:43 AM Post #50,982 of 63,914
What cable do you have on AS10 ?
I'll try to be short :)

The difference from stock cable to any good 8-core or 16-core cable with the impedance of 0.5 Ohm or so is very noticeable (given that AS10 is 15 Ohm, all BAs, and the very first one of KZ, so the crossover is a bit funky).

Based on common wisdom, I put TRN T3 on AS10 (low resistance, pure silver) but I am not sure that I can hear any difference compared to other decent 8- and 16-core cables.

So if you have your upgrade cable and it fits nicely - just enjoy your AS10.

I still love AS10 (I stop here before trying to write another page :))

Sep 12, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #50,984 of 63,914
I put Nicehck 8 core SPC cable. I wish AS10 to have 1 DD driver for bass
I had this cable first and spent few months with it, may put it back.

I love AS10 BA bass, but your wish is granted by KZ in ZS7. Grab them while you can.
Or the recent CCA CA16 may work, it is not as warm, but great resolution and gentle treble are there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back