Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 9, 2020 at 11:39 PM Post #50,956 of 63,914
It doesnt look like green or blue. This is greyish with gold lol

looks like deep green to me, at least on that picture. we'll see if someone post the real picture

Sep 9, 2020 at 11:41 PM Post #50,957 of 63,914
Sep 9, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #50,958 of 63,914
I can’t remember if this was already shared before:

90C2633C-96C9-4331-9421-94BECEF8855D.jpeg

K Z3 triple driver
is there any info on battery life yet?

Its been shared quite some time ago, not long after Z1 was out, but there is no additional info since then. And after that the CCA CX10 is appeared out of nowhere, seems like specs and tech will be more or less similar to Z1 and CX10, not quite there for TWS, they need to improve many things, especially connection and batt life

Sep 10, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #50,959 of 63,914
Every single one of their TWS models is useless until they actually get decent battery life and can maintain a proper connection, because those are kind of the two main things a TWS NEEDS to be at least decent at.

I like the brand logo though. I wonder why they never put that on their wired IEMs. A much classier branding than 16 UNITS BREAKTHROUGH CONFIGURATION or whatever they're writing on the shells nowadays.

EDX are like $7 with shipping on Ali right now. That's comical. I'm only holding off on getting one cuz new colors keep popping up.

Sep 10, 2020 at 3:13 AM Post #50,960 of 63,914
I was looking at replacement QDC sockets on Aliexpress, and noticed this warning:

So according to that, it seems likely that the problem may not be the 0.75 vs 0.78 pin size at all, but rather the act of soldering the sockets that weakens them.

Maybe that’s why only some people have this problem, while others don’t. It could literally be that a particular technician soldered 1 socket out of 30, and held the soldering iron on the terminal for 0.4 seconds longer to complete the soldering. So now that particular socket melted slightly and was weakened as a result, but the other 29 were perfectly fine.

Now multiply that scenario across multiple IEM companies in dozens of IEM factories with hundreds of assembly technicians.

That could explain why it’s so random, and affects more than 1 company.

Or maybe it’s a combination of factors - some sockets weakened slightly by heat, coupled with some customers using certain cables that cause micro fractures.

Aww man, I was just reading this stuff last week and was hoping the 'bug' wouldn't bite me - tried to cable swap with some new iem's and got a good look at my ZS10 Pro's pin slots.

*sigh*

IMG_20200910_110059.jpg

IMG_20200910_110009.jpg

Admittedly, a month ago I had been doing some A-B testing between TRN T4 cables and my 16 core silver plated brand cable, so the stress from going back and forth might have caused it.. plus I do sleep with these in my ears sometimes, but it's still frustrating to see this in IEMs I bought 2 months ago.

They still work fine tho, just gotta baby em like crazy now

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2020 at 4:30 AM Post #50,961 of 63,914
Aww man, I was just reading this stuff last week and was hoping the 'bug' wouldn't bite me - tried to cable swap with some new iem's and got a good look at my ZS10 Pro's pin slots.

*sigh*

IMG_20200910_110059.jpg
IMG_20200910_110009.jpg

Admittedly, a month ago I had been doing some A-B testing between TRN T4 cables and my 16 core silver plated brand cable, so the stress from going back and forth might have caused it.. plus I do sleep with these in my ears sometimes, but it's still frustrating to see this in IEMs I bought 2 months ago.

What about a warranty exchange?

Sep 10, 2020 at 5:10 AM Post #50,962 of 63,914

*sigh*

IMG_20200910_110059.jpg
IMG_20200910_110009.jpg

Lots of "ifs" to follow

If you're outside of your warranty period
If the hairline fracture is on the outside of the socket
If the fracture concerns you

An old remedy is to use clear nail polish, with a very thin application, to fill in and seal the fracture, Too thick of an application will hinder the cable from being able to fit.

Sep 10, 2020 at 10:08 AM Post #50,965 of 63,914
Last test, let the ZAX playing with music but don't put them in your ear, just hold them, then close the eartips nozzle (or nozzle if you are willing to take off the eartips)
Then try to listen from the "vents" if there are much sound leaking from the vents.

But so far looks like the "vents" are fake or just for aesthetic. I guess they have invisible cover in between grill vents and inner side.

Similar like other chifi that made "large vents" for aesthetic only. Like trn v90 for example, like what i scared before.
There is still a bit amount of sound leakage when covering the nozzle. It does sound like it's coming from the vents.

Sep 10, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #50,969 of 63,914
Sep 10, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #50,970 of 63,914

*sigh*

Speaking of ZS10 PRO, I just got my replacements (had mine over 1.5 years, so no longer within warranty...had to just buy a new set). Luckily I got my new ones for about $37 CDN, which is about $13 less than I paid for my original set. Crazy thing is; I bought these after the August Aliexpress sale and got them before the stuff I ordered during the sale. Ordered on August 30 and received today, Sept 10. Fastest I've ever got an order from Aliexpress. Sooo happy to have this set back. Sounding awesome right now listening to The Carpenters right now to break them in gently. I've missed these babies. Still my favorite iems of all I currently own. I've got the CCA C10 PRO on the way and should be here by Monday next week. Hope they sound at least as good as the ZS10 PRO.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back