Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 7, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #50,911 of 64,002

The KZ EDX has gone on sale, and for a no-brainer price too.

That’s like old school KZ prices :)

I hope people won’t expect some crazy giant killer, but for under $10, I’m sure it will be perfect for a knock around dynamic set!

That white looks as clean and crisp as a new dress shirt

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #50,912 of 64,002
That’s like old school KZ prices :)

I hope people won’t expect some crazy giant killer, but for under $10, I’m sure it will be perfect for a knock around dynamic set!

That white looks as clean and crisp as a new dress shirt

I just ordered the black.

Sep 7, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #50,913 of 64,002
Sep 7, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #50,915 of 64,002
I might go for white as black might me a mega finger print magnet and this is cheaper than I thought it would have been.

I went with white because the only other white iem I have is the KZ HD9. Also, the black one looks too similar to the black and gold No 3 I have.

Sure, I know the sound is most important, and not the color. But I figured I needed some sort of justification between the color choices.

Sep 7, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #50,917 of 64,002
I just ordered the black.
Cool...and welcome back to these threads! Hope you are doing well and happy to see you back on Headfi. We have all been missing you and Panda here on Headfi. Very happy to see that at least one of you is back. I'm sure that he would have wanted you to keep being a contributing member to the threads.

Sep 7, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #50,918 of 64,002
Cool...and welcome back to these threads! Hope you are doing well and happy to see you back on Headfi. We have all been missing you and Panda here on Headfi. Very happy to see that at least one of you is back. I'm sure that he would have wanted you to keep being a contributing member to the threads.

I have been lurking the whole time but I have unsubscribed from several threads that go too fast or that I am no longer interested in. I will not be ordering much. I have way too much gear here already... especially now that I have to deal with all of his stuff. It is overwhelming and upsetting.

Sep 7, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #50,919 of 64,002
The KZ ZAX and CCA C10 Pro arrived today. I'm very impressed with the ZAX. It's the best KZ I think I've heard. Haven't listened to the C10 Pro yet.
Measurements below, including comparisons with each other and their predecessors.
CCA C10 Pro
C10 Pro.jpg

CCA C10 Pro vs CCA C10
C10 vs C10 Pro.jpg

KZ ZAX
KZ ZAX.jpg

CCA C10 Pro vs KZ ZAX
ZAX vs C10 Pro.jpg

KZ ZAX vs KZ ZSX
ZAX vs ZSX.jpg

Sep 7, 2020 at 8:41 PM Post #50,920 of 64,002
The KZ ZAX and CCA C10 Pro arrived today. I'm very impressed with the ZAX. It's the best KZ I think I've heard. Haven't listened to the C10 Pro yet.
Measurements below, including comparisons with each other and their predecessors.
CCA C10 Pro
C10 Pro.jpg
CCA C10 Pro vs CCA C10
C10 vs C10 Pro.jpg
KZ ZAX
KZ ZAX.jpg
CCA C10 Pro vs KZ ZAX
ZAX vs C10 Pro.jpg
KZ ZAX vs KZ ZSX
ZAX vs ZSX.jpg

Woww.. more balanced KZ! one of the rarest KZ that have pinna gain less than 10db, a nice try. And boost and dips on high mids and highs are nice too, presence and details and clarity on around 4khz, with dip at 5khz, treble details on around 6khz (a bit lower is great but i cant complain) then anti sibilance dip right on until 7khz and boosted 8khz for air for soundstage and gradually down from there still with boost and dips.

and how is that grills on the back plate? are they real or just for aesthetic? any differences when you securely close that vents?

Thanks for your early graph.

Sep 7, 2020 at 8:48 PM Post #50,921 of 64,002
Woww.. more balanced KZ! one of the rarest KZ that have pinna gain less than 10db, a nice try. And boost and dips on high mids and highs are nice too, presence and details and clarity on around 4khz, with dip at 5khz, treble details on around 6khz (a bit lower is great but i cant complain) then anti sibilance dip right on until 7khz and boosted 8khz for air for soundstage and gradually down from there still with boost and dips.

and how is that grills on the back plate? are they real or just for aesthetic? any differences when you securely close that vents?

Thanks for your early graph.

Less than 10dB? :thinking:

h1UV09ValUWkBImCr-so5fVHjSYISUI5WJ-HKHubwtlM_gbuG19450sUdJszQUG-t3_XNgTEVNDHnw=s0

Sep 7, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #50,923 of 64,002
I have been lurking the whole time but I have unsubscribed from several threads that go too fast or that I am no longer interested in. I will not be ordering much. I have way too much gear here already... especially now that I have to deal with all of his stuff. It is overwhelming and upsetting.
I understand. But still want to thank you for continuing to be a part of this site. Much love from all of us here on Headfi. I know I speak on behalf of many, when I say, we also all miss him very much. It's great though, when we have the opportunity to hear from you too. For me, personally, I feel like his legacy lives on, when I see you still active. Until the next time you decide to post...stay strong and know that we all love you and Panda. God bless you both!

Sep 7, 2020 at 10:01 PM Post #50,924 of 64,002
Less than 10dB? :thinking:

h1UV09ValUWkBImCr-so5fVHjSYISUI5WJ-HKHubwtlM_gbuG19450sUdJszQUG-t3_XNgTEVNDHnw=s0

Not sure about that, i saw the BGGAR graph also the other day, dont want to rush it but i pay attention on this lol. need more graph to confirm for early sweep pass to buy. Wait, the BGGAR graph is entirely different with @darmanastartes . That ZAX graph of BGGAR looks similar to ZSX with more boosted upper end

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #50,925 of 64,002
Not sure about that, i saw the BGGAR graph also the other day, dont want to rush it but i pay attention on this lol. need more graph to confirm for early sweep pass to buy. Wait, the BGGAR graph is entirely different with @darmanastartes . That ZAX graph of BGGAR looks similar to ZSX with more boosted upper end

IIRC BGGAR uses an IEC711 clone and darma imm6 + compensation to mimic 711 coupler, so they're not relatable at all. But, I was seeing the BGGAR's graph for the UM MEST also has more upper-mids compared to the crin's graph which seems less boosted at the upper-mids. Either way, I was fine with the ZS10 Pro/ZSX pinna, so it doesn't bother me if it's near 10dB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back