Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 27, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #50,776 of 63,966
What about the reversed polarity thing? Or am I mixing something up?
If the cables are both wired backwards it makes no difference. A dynamic driver might be "sucking" instead of "blowing", but as long as the other is in sync it will sound the same.

Aug 27, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #50,777 of 63,966
I too have been looking for the “Royal Blue” faceplate since before last 11.11. They are nowhere to be found.

Sure, plenty of listing photos SHOW the all blue faceplate. But when you try and order it there is no option for it. Instead, every listing has the “Glare blue“ color one instead (which came later and is different):

Basically, KZ made a very limited run of 100 Royal Blue ZS10 Pro and 100 Royal Blue ZSN Pro.

I should have bought them the second they came out. They apparently both sold out within a short time :frowning2:

Sometimes it’s better to be lucky, than...
I did not realize that the royal blue, KZ ZS10 Pro was a limited run. That explains why I had to keep checking Amazon (August, 2019), as the royal blue was always out of stock.
KZ ZS10 Pro blue.jpg

Aug 27, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #50,778 of 63,966
I'm really exited for these!
If the tuning is similar to the CA16 these could be a real winner

Yeah hoping the open design makes the KZ ZAX airy!

Currently have the FH3 and IT00. I like both, but hoping for something in the middle - smooth in front mids of the IT00, clarity of FH3, and more open-ness in general. Any suggestions? I haven't tried any of the KZ/CCA lineage yet.

Right now on my shortlist to try :

CVJ CSN, CCA CA16, KZ ZAX (not released/reviewed yet), CCA C10 pro (not released, reviewed yet)

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #50,779 of 63,966
I did not realize that the royal blue, KZ ZS10 Pro was a limited run. That explains why I had to keep checking Amazon (August, 2019), as the royal blue was always out of stock.
KZ ZS10 Pro blue.jpg

You really have a rare treasure there. I hope you enjoy it for a long time to come :)

Aug 27, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #50,780 of 63,966
You really have a rare treasure there. I hope you enjoy it for a long time to come :)
What material are the regular faceplates made of? If steel, do you think you could blue it with a flame, like they do with screws and other parts of luxury watches?

Aug 27, 2020 at 9:17 PM Post #50,781 of 63,966
What material are the regular faceplates made of? If steel, do you think you could blue it with a flame, like they do with screws and other parts of luxury watches?

It’s stainless steel, and believe it or not, I have already been experimenting with that after I was unable to get a Royal Blue version of my own :)

Aug 27, 2020 at 9:19 PM Post #50,782 of 63,966
It’s stainless steel, and believe it or not, I have already been experimenting with that after I was unable to get a Royal Blue version of my own :)
I figured. That’s why I asked.:ksc75smile:

Aug 27, 2020 at 10:24 PM Post #50,783 of 63,966
KZ ZS10 Pro blue.jpg
You are sooo lucky! Nice pic and them and your cable look gorgeous! What is that copper cable you're using with them?

Aug 27, 2020 at 11:30 PM Post #50,784 of 63,966
You are sooo lucky! Nice pic and them and your cable look gorgeous! What is that copper cable you're using with them?

looks like NiceHCK C16 C to me

Aug 27, 2020 at 11:59 PM Post #50,785 of 63,966
looks like NiceHCK C16 C to me
Yeah, I think you are correct. Bought this cable for my kid's Moondrop KXXS. I didn't have much ear time with that combo; but thought that that cable was just as good as the ISN C16 copper cable I have on my KPE. Half the price of the ISN, and less thick. Falls better also. I found it more comfortable to wear also.

Aug 28, 2020 at 12:53 AM Post #50,787 of 63,966
how do these KBear BT adapters compare to the KZs? do these have lower noise floor?

Will find out once they arrived, reviews are very few but seems to be praised, an upgrade to this might cost twice like the TRN BT20's or thrice like the Fiio bluetooth adapters

Still grumpy 'bout the sudden release of the Fiio BTR3K when I got my BTR1K lmao

Aug 28, 2020 at 12:58 AM Post #50,788 of 63,966
Why does KZ love the 30095 steely sounding BA straight to the nozzle haha

I spoke to KopiOKaya, an ex KZ tuner, he says the local Chinese domestic market likes boosted upper mids/lower treble cause a lot of their music incorporates female vocals. They even have a term called "musical poison" 毒音 to describe this boosted area. So it seems the undampened BAs inside the nozzle generally give a brighter treble, some Westerners find this fatiguing, but I guess it also depends on your sources, hearing health and preferred sound signatures (eg treble sensitive vs treblehead).

So when it comes to potential sales, it is a billion or so people in their China domestic market vs a few thousand fanatical Western CHIFI fans, it's no contest, they will tune to whichever market is bigger. KopiOKaya says the BLON BL-03 which is very hyped in the West, isn't popular in China for the toned down treble.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2020 at 1:12 AM Post #50,789 of 63,966
I spoke to KopiOKaya, an ex KZ tuner, he says the local Chinese domestic market likes boosted upper mids/lower treble cause a lot of their music incorporates female vocals. They even have a term called "musical poison" 毒音 to describe this boosted area. So it seems the undampened nozzles inside the BA generally give a brighter treble, some Westerners find this fatiguing, but I guess it also depends on your sources, hearing health and preferred sound signatures (eg treble sensitive vs treblehead).

So when it comes to potential sales, it is a billion or so people in their China domestic market vs a few thousand fanatical Western CHIFI fans, it's no contest, they will tune to whichever market is bigger. KopiOKaya says the BLON BL-03 which is very hyped in the West, isn't popular in China for the toned down treble.
Kinda makes sense...but then again, there are many Chinese tuned iems that also appeal to Western ears. A lotta folks like the details and soundstage that Chifi iems bring to the table. Plus, that kinda sound often comes at a much more affordable price, compared to higher priced Western brands. If it wasn't for Chi-fi, I couldn't afford to stay in this hobby.

Aug 28, 2020 at 1:19 AM Post #50,790 of 63,966
I spoke to KopiOKaya, an ex KZ tuner, he says the local Chinese domestic market likes boosted upper mids/lower treble cause a lot of their music incorporates female vocals. They even have a term called "musical poison" 毒音 to describe this boosted area. So it seems the undampened BAs inside the nozzle generally give a brighter treble, some Westerners find this fatiguing, but I guess it also depends on your sources, hearing health and preferred sound signatures (eg treble sensitive vs treblehead).

So upper mids is like ear dope to China, why why my fellow asians haha

But yah, a boost in the upper mids seems to benefit the voice of the female singers from some songs I heard from them. Even K-pop seems to benefit from upper mids boost.

Good thing I still appreciate crisp treble despite upper mids & sibilance region being painful for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back