Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 4, 2020 at 2:24 AM Post #50,161 of 63,916
The Urbanfun ISSO14 is the first iem/purchase from Aliexpress that has ever taken so long to reach me. I've always had great success and have been met with reasonable expectations for delivery. Anything I ever ordered arrived within 2.5-3 weeks, prior to the pandemic. Nowadays, it takes much longer and tracking info is random. As much as I want to save money by buying from Aliexpress, I don't trust them as much as I used to, for timely shipping. I think I'd be better off just chomping the extra $20, and buying from Amazon Prime account. Still...I wanna hear those ISSO14 before I drop anymore $ on another new set.
yes, my previous orders from AliExpress all arrived in a pretty timely manner.

That has not been the case since covid started. I will now be paying a little extra to order from North American sellers.

Jun 4, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #50,162 of 63,916
Just tested with Z1, it merges the channel when only one side is being used. Tested using this track Dramaturgy by EVE. When 1 side is in case, both channels are played through the remaining side. Haven't tried other TWS since i don't use them in mono mode at all, but i'm guessing most of them are like that?
Super! I tend to use only one side quite frequently unless focused on work, so this is a godsend ...and double the battery capacity, even more if you count that the other one is charging.
43xp91.jpg

Jun 4, 2020 at 9:03 AM Post #50,163 of 63,916
Sniped what i think might have been a pricing error at the banned seller's store and ordered the CA16 for $50.
Gonna post a review when i get them. I love my ZS10, but the harsh treble peaks and the weaksauce stability ( they fall out ) are making me look into upgrading.

Maybe gonna look into customs if the CA16 don't pan out.

Jun 4, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #50,164 of 63,916
Sniped what i think might have been a pricing error at the banned seller's store and ordered the CA16 for $50.
Gonna post a review when i get them. I love my ZS10, but the harsh treble peaks and the weaksauce stability ( they fall out ) are making me look into upgrading.

Maybe gonna look into customs if the CA16 don't pan out.
Good customs are quite pricey though. Or are you talking about reshelling services?

Jun 4, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #50,165 of 63,916
Good customs are quite pricey though. Or are you talking about reshelling services?
Audiosense is going to be releasing a custom t800 at some point, so i was looking at getting that one, but yeah, I don't see that as being cheap. Hopefully I get good-fitting KZs though since barring these issues they sound good enough for me at this point..

otherwise, haven't looked into reshelling at all. Is there anything you'd recommend?

Jun 4, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #50,166 of 63,916
Audiosense is going to be releasing a custom t800 at some point, so i was looking at getting that one, but yeah, I don't see that as being cheap. Hopefully I get good-fitting KZs though since barring these issues they sound good enough for me at this point..

otherwise, haven't looked into reshelling at all. Is there anything you'd recommend?
Not really, just that it's an option for those who hate the stock shells of their iems. It only works for conventional multi-ba/hybrid iems though. If the iem uses special materials/special acoustic chambers a reshell will significantly change the sound.

Jun 4, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #50,167 of 63,916
are zsx competitive to lz a6 mini?
I have both and much prefer ZSX, much better tonality and bass extension, a6 mini has more detail/clarity, but that doesn’t make up for the spiky tuning. Both have good soundstage but different (ZSX has staging in all 3 dimensions - uniquely at this price point in my collection, a6m has better width but it’s 2d. I also prefer the ZSX for fit and isolation.

Jun 4, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #50,168 of 63,916
I have both and much prefer ZSX, much better tonality and bass extension, a6 mini has more detail/clarity, but that doesn’t make up for the spiky tuning. Both have good soundstage but different (ZSX has staging in all 3 dimensions - uniquely at this price point in my collection, a6m has better width but it’s 2d. I also prefer the ZSX for fit and isolation.

What eartips are you using on the A6 Mini? (The stock tips are surprisingly mediocre, so I'm using the Periodic Audio Hydrogen tips.)

Jun 4, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #50,169 of 63,916
What eartips are you using on the A6 Mini? (The stock tips are surprisingly mediocre, so I'm using the Periodic Audio Hydrogen tips.)
I’ve tried AZLA short and long, spiral dots, spinfit cp145 (best fit but I can’t get a proper seal with them), my ISN tips...I may go back to them at some point but they just didn’t suit my tastes (though they bring out certain vocals very nicely). I know people love them but in a direct comparison I find the ZSX more cohesive, engaging and energetic - a little loose in the bass to start with but fixed with spiral dots and they can handle all genres.

Jun 4, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #50,170 of 63,916
even with red filrer on a6m ,zsx's bass is better?

Jun 4, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #50,171 of 63,916
even with red filrer on a6m ,zsx's bass is better?
The filters are a sticking plaster rather than a cure (and they’re prone to getting blocked with condensation, which is why I avoid designs with them now). They don’t fix my underlying problems with the tuning, unfortunately. Black were best, red rolled off the top end too much.
Ask this question in the a6 thread you’ll get a different answer, I’m sure :)

Jun 5, 2020 at 12:40 AM Post #50,172 of 63,916
If I can chime in about ZSX vs A6 mini, ZSX is a complete package, that have minimal cons, just they are very good on their class segment. While A6 mini actually can be more mature, but the A6 mini suffer from a lot of things.
The bass i can say i prefer A6 mini, the texture, the speed, the tightness and matureness is different, but A6 mini bass is less in quantity so the ZSX bass is more impactful overall. but quality wise A6 mini have better bass in my opinion. But as @illumidata said, the A6 mini have contrast balance between lower mids and upper mids. Lower mids are very recessed that made mids sounded thin and distanced, while upper mids too peaky, 2-4khz driller.
Soundstage wise, the A6 mini is slightly wider and more natural than ZSX, ZSX have "larger than life" effect that sounded like DTS effect if that better word to describe.
But if i have to choose overall, i would choose ZSX over A6 mini because of more better tuned overall, more balance without any major flaws.

Jun 6, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #50,173 of 63,916
Same here. Don't really need it, and I love my ZS10 PRO to death; but it's very tempting based on all the great comments and reviews. Aliexpress will have their "Mid year sale" coming in the next 2-3 weeks. Last year, I bought a second set of ZS10 PRO's and 2 sets of JCally cables (one set 3.5 unbalanced, another in 2.5 balanced) to give as a gift to someone for Christmas. I paid $40 CDN for the ZS10 PRO and $35 CDN for the 2 cables. ZSX is around $48 CDN now. Amazon.ca has them for $20 more, but with faster shipping. Problem is; I'm still waiting for the Urbanfun ISSO14 (which I ordered in March, during the Aliexpress birthday sale, and still waiting to get), and it goes against my personal mantra to buy something new; without having had a chance to evaluate/like/listen to for an extended period of time, something that I previously bought and have had a chance to spend time with.

The Urbanfun ISSO14 is the first iem/purchase from Aliexpress that has ever taken so long to reach me. I've always had great success and have been met with reasonable expectations for delivery. Anything I ever ordered arrived within 2.5-3 weeks, prior to the pandemic. Nowadays, it takes much longer and tracking info is random. As much as I want to save money by buying from Aliexpress, I don't trust them as much as I used to, for timely shipping. I think I'd be better off just chomping the extra $20, and buying from Amazon Prime account. Still...I wanna hear those ISSO14 before I drop anymore $ on another new set.

Since my original order on 3/28 for the Urbanfun per the seller two shipments have been returned to them... Makes me wonder if there ever really was stock.. They have issued me a refund... I said that I was going to refrain ordering from AE and stick to US sellers for now but that didn't happen.. Lol.. Still I am a little leery of ordering from AE after the Urbanfun experience but if I do I know that I just have to be patient... It will either show up or be refunded..... Eventually.....

Jun 6, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #50,174 of 63,916
Jun 6, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #50,175 of 63,916

Users who are viewing this thread

Back