Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 2, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #50,146 of 63,834
Its the same eartips with Z1.. Currently they dont sell them separately unfortunately.
Hey, I found them (or something that looks a lot like them)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Earphone-S...Replacement-Memory-Foam-Ear-Tips/402260885574

On another note though - Their wireless performance is fairly underwhelming
I start getting dropouts if i keep the phone on the left side of my body. There are intermittent hiccups once the battery goes below 70%. I tried using it during a zoom work call, and the audio kept dropping out and i had to switch to laptop audio and back to get them to work again.

Phone connections are fairly stable and lasted fine for VOIP and phone calls.

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:43 PM Post #50,147 of 63,834
I'm tempted by the KZ ZSX...
I don't really need it, but the price has dropped since the last time I checked.
If it drops any more, I think I have to buy it!
I think I'll probably wait for the next decent AliExpress promotion.
:BEER:

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #50,149 of 63,834
It was a while ago, but it was over $45.
Now it's under $40.
With a good promotion, maybe I can find it closer to $30

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:21 PM Post #50,150 of 63,834
I don't really need it, but the price has dropped since the last time I checked.

U might wanna wait for reviews on the newly launched CCA CA16 (sister company of KZ), also a multi driver monster. Just came out, so reviews might filter out by the time the summer aliexpress sale (mid june) comes.

But ZSX might be cheaper as generally newly launched gears are pricier.

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:38 PM Post #50,151 of 63,834
Same here. Don't really need it, and I love my ZS10 PRO to death; but it's very tempting based on all the great comments and reviews. Aliexpress will have their "Mid year sale" coming in the next 2-3 weeks. Last year, I bought a second set of ZS10 PRO's and 2 sets of JCally cables (one set 3.5 unbalanced, another in 2.5 balanced) to give as a gift to someone for Christmas. I paid $40 CDN for the ZS10 PRO and $35 CDN for the 2 cables. ZSX is around $48 CDN now. Amazon.ca has them for $20 more, but with faster shipping. Problem is; I'm still waiting for the Urbanfun ISSO14 (which I ordered in March, during the Aliexpress birthday sale, and still waiting to get), and it goes against my personal mantra to buy something new; without having had a chance to evaluate/like/listen to for an extended period of time, something that I previously bought and have had a chance to spend time with.

The Urbanfun ISSO14 is the first iem/purchase from Aliexpress that has ever taken so long to reach me. I've always had great success and have been met with reasonable expectations for delivery. Anything I ever ordered arrived within 2.5-3 weeks, prior to the pandemic. Nowadays, it takes much longer and tracking info is random. As much as I want to save money by buying from Aliexpress, I don't trust them as much as I used to, for timely shipping. I think I'd be better off just chomping the extra $20, and buying from Amazon Prime account. Still...I wanna hear those ISSO14 before I drop anymore $ on another new set.

Jun 2, 2020 at 11:46 PM Post #50,152 of 63,834
Now it's under $40.
https://www.headconcert.com/product-page/kz-zsx-1, decent quality and fast shipping to CONUS...

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2020 at 12:55 AM Post #50,153 of 63,834
Now it's under $40.
Got mine for exactly $30,19 during the last sale. Really happy with it, especially considering it was my first KZ since the ZSN (except for a spare ED9). It was too good a deal and I just felt curious.

Jun 3, 2020 at 2:41 AM Post #50,154 of 63,834
Hey, I found them (or something that looks a lot like them)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Earphone-S...Replacement-Memory-Foam-Ear-Tips/402260885574

On another note though - Their wireless performance is fairly underwhelming
I start getting dropouts if i keep the phone on the left side of my body. There are intermittent hiccups once the battery goes below 70%. I tried using it during a zoom work call, and the audio kept dropping out and i had to switch to laptop audio and back to get them to work again.

Phone connections are fairly stable and lasted fine for VOIP and phone calls.

Right mine also have occasionally audio hiccups sometimes if battery on 60% or below, like a bug, but then after you plug into thr case and take out they are back to normal again. Still they need to fix it.
Their BT tech last time is infamous because connection drop out, same with their BT adapters, but the TWS are much improved over the old KZ BT adapter. No connection dropout unless blocked by wall (over different rooms). On open space they can reach until 8-9m without any problem.

Will write my impressions soon. Very good capable driver but not so for the tuning, i edit my first impressions they are v shaped IEM lile V90, very bassy, overwhelming bass for me. But luckily i use them with wavelet, an EQ app and works great.

Same here. Don't really need it, and I love my ZS10 PRO to death; but it's very tempting based on all the great comments and reviews. Aliexpress will have their "Mid year sale" coming in the next 2-3 weeks. Last year, I bought a second set of ZS10 PRO's and 2 sets of JCally cables (one set 3.5 unbalanced, another in 2.5 balanced) to give as a gift to someone for Christmas. I paid $40 CDN for the ZS10 PRO and $35 CDN for the 2 cables. ZSX is around $48 CDN now. Amazon.ca has them for $20 more, but with faster shipping. Problem is; I'm still waiting for the Urbanfun ISSO14 (which I ordered in March, during the Aliexpress birthday sale, and still waiting to get), and it goes against my personal mantra to buy something new; without having had a chance to evaluate/like/listen to for an extended period of time, something that I previously bought and have had a chance to spend time with.

The Urbanfun ISSO14 is the first iem/purchase from Aliexpress that has ever taken so long to reach me. I've always had great success and have been met with reasonable expectations for delivery. Anything I ever ordered arrived within 2.5-3 weeks, prior to the pandemic. Nowadays, it takes much longer and tracking info is random. As much as I want to save money by buying from Aliexpress, I don't trust them as much as I used to, for timely shipping. I think I'd be better off just chomping the extra $20, and buying from Amazon Prime account. Still...I wanna hear those ISSO14 before I drop anymore $ on another new set.

Dont hesitate to get ZSX. I know a lot of ZS10 Pro owners are loving theirs, even me. But with ZSX a lot of improvements over Zs10 pro, particularly timbre and smoothness. More mature sound, better technicalities, same bass quality, maybe just the fit with larger shells, but it is really personal. I would call ZSX is ZS10 Pro Final, really it is like perfection of ZS10 Pro.

Jun 3, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #50,155 of 63,834

I also have the ZS10 Pro and decided to grab the ZSX from Aliexpress on April 30th. At the time Amazon CA had the ZSX as a delayed delivery item with a price increase to $68. It's now back to the normal Prime delivery and there's another seller (K Z) listing it for $63 with Prime as well. At the time Aliexpress seemed the better option with a much lower price and free shipping.

No clue when my Aliexpress delivery - along with 3 separate cable orders a week prior - will show up. The tracking is all over the place for all 4 items.

My KZ S2's from Indiegogo which were shipped on May 21 arrived in Canada on May 27th before vanishing into a black hole. So similar situation there as well.

Jun 3, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #50,158 of 63,834
Right mine also have occasionally audio hiccups sometimes if battery on 60% or below, like a bug, but then after you plug into thr case and take out they are back to normal again. Still they need to fix it.
Their BT tech last time is infamous because connection drop out, same with their BT adapters, but the TWS are much improved over the old KZ BT adapter. No connection dropout unless blocked by wall (over different rooms). On open space they can reach until 8-9m without any problem.

Will write my impressions soon. Very good capable driver but not so for the tuning, i edit my first impressions they are v shaped IEM lile V90, very bassy, overwhelming bass for me. But luckily i use them with wavelet, an EQ app and works great.

Dont hesitate to get ZSX. I know a lot of ZS10 Pro owners are loving theirs, even me. But with ZSX a lot of improvements over Zs10 pro, particularly timbre and smoothness. More mature sound, better technicalities, same bass quality, maybe just the fit with larger shells, but it is really personal. I would call ZSX is ZS10 Pro Final, really it is like perfection of ZS10 Pro.
ZSX is in my Ali cart and also in my Amazon cart. Hard to justify this spending, but I definitely want them. Thanks for the rec!

Jun 3, 2020 at 8:42 PM Post #50,159 of 63,834
ZSX is in my Ali cart and also in my Amazon cart. Hard to justify this spending, but I definitely want them. Thanks for the rec!
Just do it! They are fantastic, and I think I listen to them more than anything else I have. I was fishing around in my collection yesterday and listened to a couple of older models (a few Fiio pairs, a Dunu and some other units that I used to love) and then switched back to the ZSX. Absolutely no contest.

Jun 3, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #50,160 of 63,834
For the KZ Z1, when you're using only one earphone is it true mono (both channels merged) or only one of the stereo channels? Is it the same for other TWSs? :)

Just tested with Z1, it merges the channel when only one side is being used. Tested using this track Dramaturgy by EVE. When 1 side is in case, both channels are played through the remaining side. Haven't tried other TWS since i don't use them in mono mode at all, but i'm guessing most of them are like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back