Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 12, 2020 at 7:55 AM Post #49,726 of 63,914
Thanks, although the link you provided isn't for a balanced cable (at least it doesn't say balanced).

Also from what I'm seeing, only 2.5mm and 4.5mm cables are available in balanced, not 3.5mm. Is that right?

I don't really *need* balanced as my IEM will be plugged into a behind-the-neck bluetooth cable, not a DAC/AMP. however it will be 3.5mm.
The link is to the cable, for which many options are available including QDC that works with KZ/CCA.
I use largely 2.5 balanced (3.5 balanced is very rare), these cables I measured and can state confidently, including the one in the link.
Others measured non-balanced 3.5, no specific concerns were raised, as far as I know, but again I summarized my experience.

Apr 12, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #49,728 of 63,914
The link is to the cable, for which many options are available including QDC that works with KZ/CCA.
I use largely 2.5 balanced (3.5 balanced is very rare), these cables I measured and can state confidently, including the one in the link.
Others measured non-balanced 3.5, no specific concerns were raised, as far as I know, but again I summarized my experience.

That's helpful, thanks for your input.

Apr 12, 2020 at 8:02 AM Post #49,729 of 63,914
Ok, is the zs10 pro actually that good? I always thought it would not compare possibly to my zsx or as10, but I might have to try the set i got for my gf. She loves them.

I don't have my stock cables anymore, so i am thinking about buying another set of as10 to use with stock cable. BUT i hated how the stock cable seems to lack a bit of treble sparkle compared to KZ Silver cables. However after the static shock occurances I plan to only use a stock cable with kz in the future.

OR are there any brands making high quality C-pin cables that dont cost an arm and a leg...
In my opinion, all 3 are great designs of KZ, and gear to different preferences.

ZSX (as the most recent) designed to be a bit more universal, as much as it is possible.
ZS10 pro - great for electronic music
AS10 (the oldest of them by far, but still quite competitive) - for classical music.

(A bit simplistically, of course, just in fewwords)

Apr 12, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #49,730 of 63,914
Hi guys, I want to buy one pair of kz and try it but I don't understand which model is the right way to start. I've seen some of you suggested the ks10 pro (30€) or zsx (40€) but the price I've found is a little high (just don't want to waste money on wrong products). I'm new in this world of "cheap" hifi/chifi and I read about to change the cable (another 20/15€) for a better sound and still i did not know if i like the kz sound.
Can someone just tips about them? Can i go with cheaper kz and then buy a better one or go all-in with better quality?
Thanks in advance!
If your budget will allow, IMHO the ZSX is significantly better than the ZS10 Pro. While I loved the ZS10, it can't compete in SQ, staging and performance. Paired with a balanced cable (I have a really nice KBear) and the right source, it really is a "Terminator" like they have called it.

Apr 12, 2020 at 8:38 AM Post #49,731 of 63,914
The thing is that once you go up on price above the ZS10 Pro, you'll be running into the likes of BQEYZ and TRN. In other words, a move higher up in price will/should move you away from KZ. For me, the next step up in price from the ZS10 Pro moves me into BQEYZ territory, the KC2 to be exact. For me KZ becomes noncompetitive above $30.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2020 at 8:39 AM Post #49,732 of 63,914
If your budget will allow, IMHO the ZSX is significantly better than the ZS10 Pro. While I loved the ZS10, it can't compete in SQ, staging and performance. Paired with a balanced cable (I have a really nice KBear) and the right source, it really is a "Terminator" like they have called it.
I've found out there are some seller on aliexpress who sells the ZSX at 35 vs 30 of ZS10... Hard battle.
The cable make that difference? I will just listen to music on streaming and maybe playing game.

Apr 12, 2020 at 9:40 AM Post #49,733 of 63,914
I've found out there are some seller on aliexpress who sells the ZSX at 35 vs 30 of ZS10... Hard battle.
The cable make that difference? I will just listen to music on streaming and maybe playing game.
If you can find that deal, take it. It's the drivers that make the difference, not the cable. And it's not just the one extra BA, there's other "special sauce" in there.

Apr 12, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #49,735 of 63,914
Need some help here. I’m getting the ZS10 Pro and don’t know what type of cable it takes. C pin, B pin or something else? Thanks!
C pin

Apr 12, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #49,737 of 63,914
Need some help here. I’m getting the ZS10 Pro and don’t know what type of cable it takes. C pin, B pin or something else? Thanks!
C pin, also (perhaps not fully correctly labelled) QDC.
So if a seller mentions KZ/CCA models with pin C in their listings, e.g. ZSN, ZS10 pro, AS16, their QDC selections should work.
(Pin C is KZ-specific classification)

Apr 12, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #49,738 of 63,914
C pin, also (perhaps not fully correctly labelled) QDC.
So if a seller mentions KZ/CCA models with pin C in their listings, e.g. ZSN, ZS10 pro, AS16, their QDC selections should work.
(Pin C is KZ-specific classification)

i do believe if using QDC on a KZ IEM that takes Pin C, you need to check the polarity first?

Apr 12, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #49,740 of 63,914
i do believe if using QDC on a KZ IEM that takes Pin C, you need to check the polarity first?
It is always a good idea to check polarity for all cables (random mistakes happen - 1 out of ~20 in my measurements).

All what I bought as "QDC" (16-cores, balanced) work correctly.

Again, my limited take is that most sellers simply do not use KZ-specific C-pin naming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back