Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 9, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #49,426 of 63,917
Thanks, is Tin audio or TRN doing something similar or at this point they're still inferior?
Tin Hifi ( they changed their audio into Hifi) is more neutral-bright rather than V-shaped with KZ. Have not heard TRN iems.

Feb 9, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #49,427 of 63,917
Thanks, is Tin audio or TRN doing something similar or at this point they're still inferior?
While their IEMs seem to be competitive by sound, there are quite a bit of problems with QC.
I personally have problems both with the IEM and cables not to try them further.

Feb 9, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #49,431 of 63,917
Guys, i've been out of this world for a while now, i'm looking to get back into it, is KZ still the best cheap hi-fi earphones? I have the AS10, but i'm looking to get something new, better and with more bass.

Also, are the new TWS any good?

Maybe if you could let us know your answers for these questions, then the community can finetune their recommendations better:
1) What is your preferred sound signature - V shaped, neutral, basshead, treblehead, midcentric etc
2) What is your preferred music genres?
3) Budget?
4) Do u need isolation? - will this set be used at home or on the go?

If from your initial post, u like more bass in a KZ, then maybe u can consider the KZ ZSX (terminator) and KZ ZS10 Pro (the former is a succesor of sorts to the ZS10 Pro and has better timbre and technicalities, though fit may be worse than the ZS10 Pro).

TBH, KZ were the pioneers in the CHIFI game, and they are still one of the better CHIFI below $50 USD, but if you are buying CHIFI around the $100 USD mark, there are better brands out there. KZ lately seems to be pushing their development down the wireless rabbithole, haven't had any wired releases since the KZ ZSX.

Feb 10, 2020 at 12:08 AM Post #49,432 of 63,917
Still enjoying KZ ZSX after all this time.

Feb 10, 2020 at 1:40 AM Post #49,433 of 63,917
ZSX and V90 are my picks on sub $50 IEM, they performing great both and have very great value. They are side grade to each other, just come down to personal preferences, if you are into V shaped with more sub-mid bass, go for V90, if you like more balance presentation go with ZSX, technicalities are on par more or less. Aside from that on sub $50 you may check on TRN BA5, BLON BL-03, BQEYZ KB100, Jade Audio EA3. I can easily recommend those IEMs and still enjoying them.

Feb 10, 2020 at 2:33 AM Post #49,435 of 63,917

they're on par or even better (more a matter of taste, thus side-grade, rather than better - but it could be better)

take a look at the TRN V90 (4 BA + DD), BA5 (5 BA-driver), ST1 (DD + BA)

Feb 10, 2020 at 4:43 AM Post #49,436 of 63,917
Guys, i've been out of this world for a while now, i'm looking to get back into it, is KZ still the best cheap hi-fi earphones? I have the AS10, but i'm looking to get something new, better and with more bass.

Also, are the new TWS any good?
As some others have written, the KZ ZSX and TRN V90 would be good choices, but don't forget the KZ ZS7 as well, superb bass!

Feb 10, 2020 at 5:04 AM Post #49,437 of 63,917
The better overall and in terms of neutral sound and better definition between KZ AS06, KZ ZSN and KZ ZS10 Pro?

I already own a KZ ES3 and I'm quite satisfied except for an excessive bright and harsh mid-treble.

I listen primarly metal, EDM, Outrun/Synthwave, Trance, Classical, Rock, Acid Jazz, Fusion on smartphone and PC.

Feb 10, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #49,438 of 63,917
Me too! :)

Anyone using a balanced cable on their ZSX? Is ZSX actually going to benefit from more power over balanced (using BTR5), or is it really much of a muchness?
I have my ZSXs on balanced from both the ES100 and more often from my R5. I think they benefit from more power, it helps with the soundstage and instrument separation. I can only get to about 40 volume on high gain on the R5, I think high-gain has better dynamics than low-gain. But that's just my take -- I have everything on balanced other than a couple of pairs of hard-wired IEMs and cans that can't do balanced without modification.

Feb 10, 2020 at 4:09 PM Post #49,439 of 63,917
The better overall and in terms of neutral sound and better definition between KZ AS06, KZ ZSN and KZ ZS10 Pro?

I already own a KZ ES3 and I'm quite satisfied except for an excessive bright and harsh mid-treble.

I listen primarly metal, EDM, Outrun/Synthwave, Trance, Classical, Rock, Acid Jazz, Fusion on smartphone and PC.

# For me ES3 is not well tuned, mediums do not sound natural (ES4 sounds very natural)
# I do have AS10 (all BA) very good overall detailed sound, bass very pure and of good level, trebles a bit low level for me, but probably good for young people
# ZSN very very good for a two drivers. bass has good punch, trebles good, mediums a bit backward but ok
# C12 (nearly idem as ZSX) bass have more punch than AS10. Mediums have a good level, trebles too, lot of details everywhere, the best I have.

I would preffer
AS10 for classical, but very good for everything else
C12 better for electronic music for the punchy bass and C12 better than ZS10pro and nearly same price.
ZSN best of all at this price, but less details than multi drivers

C12 for all your kinds of music

Feb 11, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #49,440 of 63,917
I have my ZSXs on balanced from both the ES100 and more often from my R5. I think they benefit from more power, it helps with the soundstage and instrument separation. I can only get to about 40 volume on high gain on the R5, I think high-gain has better dynamics than low-gain. But that's just my take -- I have everything on balanced other than a couple of pairs of hard-wired IEMs and cans that can't do balanced without modification.

Ditto with the exception I only use mine balanced thru my ES100's and balanced DAP's :wink: Most of my iem's cases have both cables inside them these days at least the ones I deem worthy of having both:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@jeromeaparis I like your breakout however mine is with BA10, ZSX and ZS6's! You know we all hear them a little differently but for my ears these three KZ's pretty much match your descriptions verbatim:rolling_eyes: No matter how you look at any of these they all fall under the Affordable Luxury category:beerchug:

Affordable Luxury.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back