Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 31, 2020 at 5:21 AM Post #49,396 of 63,834
Thanks for the Tip advice for ****. I have ordered spinfit cp100's.

I had another offtopic question, I hope someone might be able to help with. I used to have the sony mh1c back in the day and absolutely loved them. I can't find them anywhere in stock for over 2 years now, is there anything that resembles the sound signature. Long term comfort is the only other thing I'd desire. Thanks a lot, and appreciate all your help.

Feb 2, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #49,399 of 63,834
I am popping in after a long time. Is this the longest thread on head-fi? 49k replies:scream:
Still arguing about soundstage, soundstage?

I am not using my KZs anymore. When outside, it is NC Bluetooth headphones. Comfort over SQ.

At home, it is Philips SHP9500. Nothing else beats the Philips when it comes to so called soundstage.

Don't know what to do with 35+ IEMs:thinking:

Feb 2, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #49,400 of 63,834
add the qkv vk4 to the mix, had them forgotten :cold_sweat:

that's the trio infernale: TRN ST1, KZ ZSN Pro, QKZ VK4 - regular earphones from the supermarket and the default electronic store don't have a chance with cheap upgrade cables :L3000:

(edit: ZSN Pro, there doesn't appear to be a ZST Pro)

the ZSN pro are great. And yes there is a ZST pro. I have them.
they’re good. But not better then the ZSN pro in my opinion.
have you tried looking on eBay or aliexpress for the ZST pro?

Feb 2, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #49,401 of 63,834
I am popping in after a long time. Is this the longest thread on head-fi? 49k replies:scream:
Still arguing about soundstage, soundstage?

I am not using my KZs anymore. When outside, it is NC Bluetooth headphones. Comfort over SQ.

At home, it is Philips SHP9500. Nothing else beats the Philips when it comes to so called soundstage.

Don't know what to do with 35+ IEMs:thinking:
You should look at the EarStudio ES100 BT receiver.
Move up into the 2.5mm TRRS Balanced cables with the ES100 (Has 3.5mm as well).
https://www.radsone.com/earstudioI have 2 receivers, one for my headphones and the other for my Pioneer DEH-P880PRS head unit.
You wont regret the purchase.
Update the firmware as soon as you receive it if needed.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #49,402 of 63,834
the ZSN pro are great. And yes there is a ZST pro. I have them.
they’re good. But not better then the ZSN pro in my opinion.
have you tried looking on eBay or aliexpress for the ZST pro?
I'm pretty sure the "pro" version of ZST is just a marketing gimmick. Don't remember anyone ever proving that the purple ones sound any different from the carbons. Also, if it'd be the case, it'd be mentioned on the box.

Feb 2, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #49,403 of 63,834
I'm pretty sure the "pro" version of ZST is just a marketing gimmick. Don't remember anyone ever proving that the purple ones sound any different from the carbons. Also, if it'd be the case, it'd be mentioned on the box.

Agreed.

It was individual sellers that used the Pro model designation, not KZ. It was proven long ago that the carbon and colorful ZST were 100% the same.

It wasn’t until the ZSN came along that KZ actually had a true ‘Pro’ model that was tuned differently than the non-Pro version.

Feb 2, 2020 at 6:41 PM Post #49,404 of 63,834
I see. I only own the ZST pro. Not the normal ZST.
so I can’t compare the sound.
that sort of sucks that people were selling them under a false name.
When I purchased mine, they were also called KZ ZST Pro.
very dishonest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 2, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #49,405 of 63,834
I see. I only own the ZST pro. Not the normal ZST.
so I can’t compare the sound.

Don’t worry, there’s nothing to compare. You have the ONLY ZST.

There is only 1 ZST model from KZ, no matter how it’s marketed by a seller. The ZST is available in 2 colors (carbon fiber and purple/blue). Only the color is different.

I will complicate things by mentioning that the ZST was retuned by KZ sometime in 2018-2019. So there ARE technically 2 revisions, with v2 having a smoother treble that is not as sharp as v1. There is no way to tell the different versions apart though.

So to summarize, there is a ZST v1 available in carbon fiber and purple/blue. And a ZST v2 also available in carbon fiber and purple/blue. No true ‘Pro’ version of either, and there is no way to tell the difference between v1 and v2.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020 at 12:08 AM Post #49,406 of 63,834
Don’t worry, there’s nothing to compare. You have the ONLY ZST.

There is only 1 ZST model from KZ, no matter how it’s marketed by a seller. The ZST is available in 2 colors (carbon fiber and purple/blue). Only the color is different.

I will complicate things by mentioning that the ZST was retuned by KZ sometime in 2018-2019. So there ARE technically 2 revisions, with v2 having a smoother treble that is not as sharp as v1. There is no way to tell the different versions apart though.

So to summarize, there is a ZST v1 available in carbon fiber and purple/blue. And a ZST v2 also available in carbon fiber and purple/blue. No true ‘Pro’ version of either, and there is no way to tell the difference between v1 and v2.

true, but the one that sounds different is gun metal color

Feb 3, 2020 at 1:42 AM Post #49,407 of 63,834
true, but the one that sounds different is gun metal color

There is no gun metal ZST. There is one with a black shell and carbon fiber back plate, and one with a transparent blue shell with purplish pink back plate.

Perhaps you’re thinking of the ZSN? It uses the same shell body as the ZST (as does the CCA C10, C12, ZSN Pro, ZS10 Pro). A few of those have a metal back plate that is gunmetal color.

Feb 3, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #49,408 of 63,834
There is no gun metal ZST. There is one with a black shell and carbon fiber back plate, and one with a transparent blue shell with purplish pink back plate.

Perhaps you’re thinking of the ZSN? It uses the same shell body as the ZST (as does the CCA C10, C12, ZSN Pro, ZS10 Pro). A few of those have a metal back plate that is gunmetal color.
I think he was referring to the blon bl-03. With his tongue firmly in cheek. That's why I gave it a like.

I have the carbon black zst. Sounds pretty much the same as my zsn, to me.

Feb 3, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #49,410 of 63,834
What a whack

What is whack? Crack is whack?

A954CA05-9CBC-4AA5-91DB-7DF091350B48.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back