Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 13, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #4,546 of 63,915
Jun 13, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #4,548 of 63,915
...also, just my brief experience of the ED9 vs ATE battle...

I personally prefer the ATEs.

The ED9s are too bassy with the shiny gold filters, with little vocal and top end presentation, where the brass dull filters go the other way. If there was a filter midway between....

The ATEs are (bearing in mind cost to performance ratio) are much better balanced, more musical, good soundstage and less picky about source (Clip+ with MP3s and Shanling M3 with Flac).

The ATEs allow me to enjoy the music without making me over analyse the presentation.

But for the price, they are both very good earphones, with the ATEs being my pick at the moment!!

P.S. ED9 have the better build quality, but I prefer the form factor of the ATEs!

Jun 13, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #4,549 of 63,915
If there was a filter midway between....

Try dfferent amount & type of foam inside brass nozzles 
wink.gif
 Not saying it makes wonders but it might work for You.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/698148/knowledge-zenith-kz-impressions-thread/4425#post_11672347

I also find ATE littlebit better for my taste but ED9 is also very good.

Jun 13, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #4,550 of 63,915
  from official kz store...

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/KZ-ED-Super-Bowl-Tuning-Nozzles-T-Shaped-Driver-Monitoring-In-Ear-Headphones-HiFi-Earphone-With/1358152_32360820157.html

The description about the brass and gold filters actually makes sense, while everything else is the usual nonsense like the sentence immediately afterwards "Innovative make Nozzles end as light export." It even looks out of place because of the 2X2 table format... almost as if they took the description off somewhere...

Never mind that, I can't wait to receive my ED9!

Jun 13, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #4,551 of 63,915
  Try dfferent amount & type of foam inside brass nozzles 
wink.gif
 Not saying it makes wonders but it might work for You.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/698148/knowledge-zenith-kz-impressions-thread/4425#post_11672347

I also find ATE littlebit better for my taste but ED9 is also very good.

smily_headphones1.gif
Funny You should mention That, Coil. I'm also leaning towards that myself. Last Night I took The Dunu Titans and The  KZ ATEs with me for my nightly Drive. I found the Titans were fatiguing to listen to more than about 2 hrs, whereas I spent the better part of 6 hrs. enjoying the ATE. They sound great and are easy to listen to for long periods. I think the forward presentation of Phones like the Titan and ED9 tend to be more fatiguing.

JMO

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jun 14, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #4,552 of 63,915
cool.gif
Just received the CM9 and ANV Yesterday, (Sat.). Got a chance for a quick listen and Tip Roll on both. Put The ANV up for later, and started burn-in on the CM9. Found that the clear Med. silicone (smoke) tips from my AKG K374 sound best on them. Tried them this morning. These are extremely impressive on short listen. Massive, fast, Bass!!!  Good mid presentation on vocals, not recessed nor up front, and no sibilance on the highs.... so far. This is with only 15 Hours on them and just a first impression. They are also extremely comfortable for me. I knew they would be as they are almost identical to the Dunu Titan in shape.

I still can't believe what KZ is doing with earphones at the price range. This quality at their price would be unheard of even 2 years ago!!!

Right now I am Burning in CM9, EDES, ATE at the same time..... we should all have such problems.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Jun 14, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #4,553 of 63,915
Just recieved my ATE, damn I supposed to bring it along my trip 4 days ago. Well, i got new nice little "shield" shape packaging, 1 pair of earhook, 1 pair foam tips, 2 pair of silicon tips. The iem housing itself i must give 3.5/5 for build quality and 4/5 for fitting. My first impression of this budget gem is okay-ish, separation is good, warmish, no fatiguing highs, no overpowered bass, but i can't feel diana krall's vocal yet. I'll let it burn for 20-30 hours and test again.

Jun 14, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #4,554 of 63,915
Hey guys after being blown away by the price-performance ratio of full-sized headphones from obscure Chinese companies like Takstar, I'm wondering if similar deals can be found in the IEM world.

How do these compare in price-performance to the SHE3905, TTPOD T1E, and Monoprice 8320? I have the 3905 and I'm pretty disappointed. 

Jun 15, 2015 at 2:52 AM Post #4,555 of 63,915
  Hey guys after being blown away by the price-performance ratio of full-sized headphones from obscure Chinese companies like Takstar, I'm wondering if similar deals can be found in the IEM world.

How do these compare in price-performance to the SHE3905, TTPOD T1E, and Monoprice 8320? I have the 3905 and I'm pretty disappointed. 

IEM world has lot of goodies for you. IMO even better than headphone range.

Get a taste of KZ's latest releases ATE and ED9 to know how amazing is the VFM factor offered by KZ. Other releases are also worth to try and still are good buys : ED Special Edition, ED8m, DT3 and more.

Going up, I'd recommend Zero Audio Carbo Tenore, which is a real giant killer. Other brands that have products punching above the asking price are Fidue, Havi, TTPOD. There are still more, fellow head-fiers would be able to help if you post your exact requirement, preferences and budget.

Jun 15, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #4,556 of 63,915
IEM world has lot of goodies for you. IMO even better than headphone range.

Get a taste of KZ's latest releases ATE and ED9 to know how amazing is the VFM factor offered by KZ. Other releases are also worth to try and still are good buys : ED Special Edition, ED8m, DT3 and more.

Going up, I'd recommend Zero Audio Carbo Tenore, which is a real giant killer. Other brands that have products punching above the asking price are Fidue, Havi, TTPOD.

I totally agree on the bold part. Much cheaper shipping is one explanation but it also seem to be a never ending flood of companies making great value for money IEM's :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back