Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 5, 2015 at 1:49 AM Post #4,339 of 63,916
Originally Posted by TwinACStacks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Slightly Bass-Heavy but that should settle after Burn-in.
I think venting it may have boosted the Bass a little from stock.

ATE bass heavy? ED9 with gold nozzles is certainly more bassy. Imo stock unvented ATE has pretty balanced signature.
Venting it with grill mod just lost the "hollowness" and made everything clearer but didn`t made it noticeably more bassy.
Maybe just tighter and more pronounced. Maybe You should try larger hole above driver?

Jun 5, 2015 at 1:50 AM Post #4,340 of 63,916

double post, internet is messing with me...

Jun 5, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #4,341 of 63,916
Mine came in as well. They're "slightly" huge, but still reasonably comfortable. Very smooth sounding as well. I'm liking them so far
smily_headphones1.gif

How do they sound? :p and what is this venting mod you guys speak of?

Jun 5, 2015 at 6:26 AM Post #4,342 of 63,916

How do they sound? :p and what is this venting mod you guys speak of?

They're really nice. I think this is KZs best treble yet.

Treble is a little more relaxed than the ED9, but cleaner and more defined (ie. lacking the teensy bit of slashyness the ED9 displays). I really like how smooth and natural vocals are. Was watching Youtube vids with them yesterday and the commentary sounded fantastic. Personally, I find the subbass lacking. That and the weird fit (which may be fine for others) are the only knocks I have against it so far. Hoping they'll be affected positively by some serious play time. The cable is fantastic, if a little sticky. Little memory, looks nice, long enough, good strain relief at the jack. I have to keep reminding myself how cheap these are, lol.

I'm not sure if I like the ED9 of ATE more, but you really can't go wrong with either. If KZ  keeps pumping out awesome products like these and manages to keep the price down....well I'll be stocked. 
beerchug.gif

Jun 5, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #4,343 of 63,916

Treble is a little more relaxed than the ED9, but cleaner and more defined (ie. lacking the teensy bit of slashyness the ED9 displays). I really like how smooth and natural vocals are. Was watching Youtube vids with them yesterday and the commentary sounded fantastic. Personally, I find the subbass lacking. That and the weird fit (which may be fine for others) are the only knocks I have against it so far. Hoping they'll be affected positively by some serious play time. The cable is fantastic, if a little sticky. Little memory, looks nice, long enough, good strain relief at the jack. I have to keep reminding myself how cheap these are, lol.

I'm not sure if I like the ED9 of ATE more, but you really can't go wrong with either. If KZ  keeps pumping out awesome products like these and manages to keep the price down....well I'll be stocked. 
beerchug.gif

Awesome. Mine arrived today and it's at the mail exchange. they will be on my doorstep tomorrow morning.can't wait :)  I see you have JVC FX3X rated 5th on your signature. to this day i haven't found anything that can match my lost JVC 1X1X (within all these Chinese brands)

Jun 5, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #4,344 of 63,916
Awesome. Mine arrived today and it's at the mail exchange. they will be on my doorstep tomorrow morning.can't wait :)  I see you have JVC FX3X rated 5th on your signature. to this day i haven't found anything that can match my lost JVC 1X1X (within all these Chinese brands)

Awesome. Hope you enjoy them :)

I've got the FX1X as well. Such a good iem, but the FX3X takes the same basic sound and refines it. To me its a definite step up. If you have the chance to pick one up, go for it. Completely worth it.

Jun 5, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #4,345 of 63,916
Awesome. Hope you enjoy them
smily_headphones1.gif

I've got the FX1X as well. Such a good iem, but the FX3X takes the same basic sound and refines it. To me its a definite step up. If you have the chance to pick one up, go for it. Completely worth it.

Yeah I'm considering. found out the ebay seller i bought my first FX1X selling them again. FX3X and FX1X both costs 27$ each not a bad deal considering how good they are

Jun 5, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #4,346 of 63,916
smily_headphones1.gif
I am just Stunned. I took my ED9s on my nightly round trip (10 Hrs) from Detroit to Cincinnati and got my FIRST intimate listen. I'm at a loss for description. I'm probably going to piss off a couple of people on "Other" earphone Threads. You may recall, at 125 Hours Burn-in I had an epiphany concerning Brass over Gold Nozzles. THROW THE GOLD NOZZLES AWAY, is all that I can tell you. This was easily the most enjoyable listening experience I have personally had in some time. When I started out last night, they had 165 hours on them, they now have 174.5, (I needed .5 hr. for refueling and to go Potty).
biggrin.gif
  You know I basically LOVE the DUNU TITAN. Well I hate to say it but the Titan has NOTHING on the ED9 other than a slightly different presentation. What really smacked me in the Head, (and I truly wasn't expecting it), was the DETAIL I heard in tracks I'm extremely Familiar with, that I haven't heard with other 'Phones. My impression is the ED9 is what the HAVI B3 Pro1 engineers were trying to achieve and didn't quite make it. Whereas the Havi has a veiled sound, great detail, so-so soundstage and basically ruler Flat EQ, it lacks Bass and is VERY hard to drive and leaves me with a MEH impression wanting more, The ED9's SIMPLY add more.

How Can  You describe a Flat EQ that isn't Flat???  BALANCED, Yes!!! BALANCED. The ED9 presentation is not like an Earphone Presentation. It's like a 3 Way Monitor. The Bass is solid but not overbearing. Although not extremely fast it stays where it should, but when the Music calls for it, it's Authoritive. Strangely it doesn't overshadow the Mids and Treble while doing this. It is like there is a Miniature woofer, Midrange and Tweeter magically sealed inside this tiny earphone housing. I have all ready in an earlier thread, stated my thoughts on the Treble: PERFECT. It hasn't changed. It isn't silibant, harsh, strident. shrill or whatever adjective you use to explain unpleasant high Frequencies. It's simply THERE doing what Treble is supposed to do highlighting nuances. The Midrange is gorgeous. Female Vocals just come out at you, Louder than the other frequencies but again they don't overshadow them. I don't think this is actually possible is it?

The ONLY Downside is the width of the Soundstage is more focused. Great Depth and Height but really towards the Center rather than in an Arch around your head. AND the cable being slightly sticky is annoying. Oh..... and Radiation and Lead sickness.
ksc75smile.gif

So the only REAL questions I have to ask is: WHO DISCOVERED THIS BRAND, and WHY ARE WE SPENDING $$$$$ OR MORE ON EARPHONES WHEN THESE ARE UNDER $10?????

I hope the rest of these KZ's even come close to their Big Brother ED9s. These are sitting right next to my Titans where they will enjoy Heavy Rotation. I am shocked and amazed and I can't wait to hear these once I get 300 Hours or so on them.

Oh, and I just ordered another set of the ATEs in clear so I can have a Modded and Un-modded pair.

Please understand this is NOT a review. Just some older Ears impressions of what he is hearing.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

beerchug.gif

Jun 5, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #4,347 of 63,916

beerchug.gif

smily_headphones1.gif
After my experience with a fairly well Burnt in pair of ED9s last night I find it hard to believe there is any better treble, any where. Of Course I just got my ATEs Yesterday so My opinion could change.
biggrin.gif

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jun 5, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #4,349 of 63,916
You guys said ED9 is the best for pop and EDM, right?

Is this the best place to buy them?  12.29 without microphone and 13.18 with microphone?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-New-Original-KZ-ED9-3-5mm-in-ear-Earphones-Heavy-Bass-HIFI-DJ-Stereo-Earplug/32358133991.html

Jun 5, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #4,350 of 63,916
  You guys said ED9 is the best for pop and EDM, right?

Is this the best place to buy them?  12.29 without microphone and 13.18 with microphone?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-New-Original-KZ-ED9-3-5mm-in-ear-Earphones-Heavy-Bass-HIFI-DJ-Stereo-Earplug/32358133991.html

I bought mine from this seller for US $10 few weeks back (without retail box) http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-New-Arrival-Original-KZ-ED9-3-5mm-in-ear-headset-Heavy-Bass-HIFI-DJ-Stereo/32335920421.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back