Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 19, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #39,753 of 63,836
Same opinion here . Furthermore it sounds steely and the mids and highs lack air ot transparency .
You go back to your T2 as well or do you have another IEM you prefer? It's interesting hearing these negative comments about the ZSN while I await two of them in the mail. I want to put "Wrong Address - Return To Sender" and see a refund on my credit card in a couple months after waiting a couple months for them already.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #39,754 of 63,836
You go back to your T2 as well or do you have another IEM you prefer? It's interesting hearing these negative comments about the ZSN while I await two of them in the mail. I want to put "Wrong Address - Return To Sender" and see a refund on my credit card in a couple months after waiting a couple months for them already.
The zsn sounds better with some surround mode if available in your smartphnoes or sound card .

But overall its lacking natural sound or musically not inclined .fyi i owned the trn v20 and its better at being musical than zsn .though their soundstage is not so wide they have a bit of depth .

Dec 20, 2018 at 12:15 AM Post #39,757 of 63,836
Just received my TRN bt20 and I am loving it. I am loving the range this bt20 has over my bt3. WIth my bt3, if I were to go to my bathroom (about 15 steps away with walls) the signal will cut in and out; with bt20, no cut out so far, even when I went to the kitchen (about 25 steps away). Connected to my PC with no problem at all (the instruction manual is a joke tho). It is very comfortable and fit my ears like a glove.

Dec 20, 2018 at 12:41 AM Post #39,758 of 63,836

A few users not liking it doesn't mean its bad. Its all about preference. You buy a lot of stuff and then you slowly find your preference for sound signature, compare them to reviewer/other users and then verify who to trust according to your preference.

it just basically means people who don't like the ZSN have to probably avoid any future recommendation from people who liked them, that's all.

Dec 20, 2018 at 1:05 AM Post #39,760 of 63,836
Swap it with a black backed one.

Otherwise it depends on what your willing to do/pay. Anodizing, powder coating, various paints (model, nail, etc) or even just using a black sharpie.
I was thinking of swapping the silver back for a black one but you need a specialized "screwdriver" no? The same one used for opening apple devices? Can I buy this just by itself or would I have to go to a cell phone repair store to do the swapping?

Dec 20, 2018 at 1:09 AM Post #39,761 of 63,836
I was thinking of swapping the silver back for a black one but you need a specialized "screwdriver" no? The same one used for opening apple devices? Can I buy this just by itself or would I have to go to a cell phone repair store to do the swapping?

I don't have my ZSN yet, so I can't personally confirm but others have said it's the 5 spline Pentalobe screw like the apple ones.

You can buy the screwdrivers or bits if you already have an interchangeable screwdriver. A local electronics store may even carry what you need in stock if you don't want to wait for shipping.

Dec 20, 2018 at 1:16 AM Post #39,762 of 63,836
I don't have my ZSN yet, so I can't personally confirm but others have said it's the 5 spline Pentalobe screw like the apple ones.
I will ask my local electronics store but I just realized I would still be stuck with an ugly silver backed ZSN when interchanging with a different bodies color.

Dec 20, 2018 at 1:26 AM Post #39,763 of 63,836
I will ask my local electronics store but I just realized I would still be stuck with an ugly silver backed ZSN when interchanging with a different bodies color.

Definately a Pentalobe screw, going by pictures (from head-fi reviews). From @B9Scrambler

10189568.jpg

You could look at picking up a bit of 'Aluminum Black' by birchwood casey. Originally made for turning aluminum scratches/imperfections black on anodized gun parts. May have to sand (or bead blast) the surface of your silver covers for it to work. Only works on raw aluminum, if there's a clear coat it won't work.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002JCW2CG/
https://www.amazon.com/Birchwood-15121-Casey-Aluminum-Touch-Up/dp/B072LT4HCZ

Dec 20, 2018 at 5:44 AM Post #39,764 of 63,836
Haha!...I won't quite call the ZSN a nerd, since these guys are very lively and constantly likes to party! :trumpet: :musical_keyboard::microphone::ksc75smile::guitar::drum::saxophone:
I replaced the ZSN stock brown copper cable with the EZ Silver/copper mixed cable and the sound becomes different... it becomes more deep and V shaped .... and some the mids and treble become less steely and become more recessed and in the right shape...overall more transparency and sound stage .. becomes more similar to the Qt2....there seems to be a significant difference after the cable change...

maybe its a stock cable problem ....anyway not sure if the cable will burn in ?

link to the cable:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-...351.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.30994c4d16q6jo

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018 at 5:53 AM Post #39,765 of 63,836
I replaced the ZSN stock brown copper cable with the EZ Silver/copper mixed cable and the sound becomes different... its more deep ...and wide ... and some the mids and treble become less steely and become more recessed and in the right shape...overall more transparency and sound stage .. becomes more similar to the Qt2.... maybe its a cable problem ....anyway not sure if the cable will burn in ?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-...351.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.30994c4d16q6jo
I think that cable is crap. Can someone else please compare it to the KZ 8 core silver plated and TRN 8 core Skunk cable? I don't want to seem like I'm blowing smoke, but it's a waste of money. A big waste of money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back