Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 8, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #37,741 of 63,942
Ah, I get you. I personally just get the type A cable for ease of transition, those bends just spell trouble if you wanna change around. Or get the new TRN cable (they also helpfully specify even 0.75mm and 0.78mm pins, which is nice)

TRN-8-Core-Silver-Plated-Cable-HIFI-Earphone-MMCX-2Pin-Connector-Use-For-TRN-V10-V20.jpg_640x640.jpg

These are excellent cables. I bought a pair them 2 pins and MMCX for my Tin T2.

The stock cables on the KZ AS10 measured 0.7~0.9 Ohms, the stock cables that came with the T2 measured very similarly. These cables measured a very consistent 0.3~0.4 Ohm for both pieces I had across all 4 pins of each. You can find them for under US$8/- on the Aliexpress sale, very good value in my opinion.

But because they are 8-core, they can feel a little cumbersome and perhaps "short" when moving about.

As for sonic differences, I can't say with consistency but maybe that wee bit louder when first connected and compared for my AS10. As for those superlative stories of bass / mids / treble differences, its not an obvious enough difference for my ears to say that they actually exist. YMMV but the volume differences were real to my ears at least.

Nov 9, 2018 at 12:15 AM Post #37,742 of 63,942
WOW! Hype train is real. Got my ZSN today, and I am in love.

Bass is fast and tight will good detail. Outstanding bass quality. Mids all up in your face with good vocal presence. Upper mids and treble are bright and a bit hairy. Very aggressive imo. No sibilance to my ears. Stage is small, but not to small. Things are not cluttered or congested. Fit is not as good for me as ZST. These nozzles are longer. Need to tip roll preferably softer tips. Listened with stock tips which are too hard. Weight is fine. Build quality is great. Price is effing ridiculous ($17). Very energetic and fun signature.

Wife said that every new phone that comes in means an old one must go. ZST is going to work to live as an emergency back of pair. :)
Give them more time, they'll definitely open up!
I usually do a 100 hour check with all my earphones and my ZSN definitely opened up with a larger-than-life soundstage and sounds eerily like some of my full-size headphones! :wink:

Nov 9, 2018 at 1:05 AM Post #37,743 of 63,942
Hello, everyone. Really looking forward to try ZSN, but is there any bluetooth adapter for it? Judging by the pictures its connector is rounded on both sides unlike any other KZ 2-pin connector, or am i wrong?
I am using TRN bt3 2 pin bluetooth cable with no issue so far.

Nov 9, 2018 at 1:08 AM Post #37,744 of 63,942
What is the current recommended bluetooth adapter recommended for KZ's?

I was looking at the newish KZ adapter with the type B connector for my AS10 or ZS10.

TRN bt3 works fine for me.

Nov 9, 2018 at 1:30 AM Post #37,745 of 63,942
These are excellent cables. I bought a pair them 2 pins and MMCX for my Tin T2.

The stock cables on the KZ AS10 measured 0.7~0.9 Ohms, the stock cables that came with the T2 measured very similarly. These cables measured a very consistent 0.3~0.4 Ohm for both pieces I had across all 4 pins of each. You can find them for under US$8/- on the Aliexpress sale, very good value in my opinion.

But because they are 8-core, they can feel a little cumbersome and perhaps "short" when moving about.

As for sonic differences, I can't say with consistency but maybe that wee bit louder when first connected and compared for my AS10. As for those superlative stories of bass / mids / treble differences, its not an obvious enough difference for my ears to say that they actually exist. YMMV but the volume differences were real to my ears at least.
These are my favourite cables

Nov 9, 2018 at 2:49 AM Post #37,746 of 63,942
K4GEaBm.jpg

The ZSN arrived today. It took less than 10 days to arrive from Gearbest. I'm happy that they have pretty much the same shell shape as the ZST which fits my ears really well. I think they look better in person than most of the pics that are out there. I really like them with Auvio tips but the included Starline tips aren't bad either, I'm just getting a better fit is all. These are more comfortable for me compared to my personal current KZ favorite, the ZS10. Lots has already been said on this thread about the SQ of the ZSN. For me, it's rather bright, punchy with lots of clarity and details and also, @DocHoliday I agree with your sentiments about these forever retiring the ZST - it's a major step up.

I'll compare the ZSN to the ZSA first by using my Liquid Spark in low gain mode and both with Auvio tips. I find the ZSA to be less energetic and less sensitive compared to the ZSN. The timbre is very close, with maybe a slight edge to the ZSN. Soundstage and instrument separation sounds similar too but I do wonder if the ZSN's brightness is deceiving me a little bit so I'm just going to say they are even.

When plugging the ZSN into iEmatch port of my iFi Nano BL, the brightness goes down significantly and becomes less fatiguing similar to what I find with the ZS6. The ZSN becomes a more enjoyable IEM in this particular setup. The ZSA sounds more even with relatively no change in its sound signature between a typical amp (Liquid Spark) and the iEmatch port. If I didn't have iEmatch, I'd would choose the ZSA. If I had iEmatch, I'd go with the ZSN. If you happen to already own an iEmatch adapter or have an iFi device with it, I think for $15 - $20 USD these would be pretty good for a beater IEM.
I noticed the Auvio ear tips also works well with the Cyan/Black and Black ZSN's balancing out the thicker low MID's and bass due to the different cable supplied to these two other models.
Good combination!:thumbsup:

Nov 9, 2018 at 4:00 AM Post #37,747 of 63,942
I think I am gonna get a ZS4 for this 11.11
I have a coupon of 2$ on anything in AE above 10$ as well as another one of 1$, if the ZS4 are at 13.5$ for the mic version, it means I will only pay 10.5$?
Sweet memories of KZ iems when they used to cost 10ish $ :)

Nov 9, 2018 at 4:13 AM Post #37,748 of 63,942
K4GEaBm.jpg

The ZSN arrived today. It took less than 10 days to arrive from Gearbest. I'm happy that they have pretty much the same shell shape as the ZST which fits my ears really well. I think they look better in person than most of the pics that are out there. I really like them with Auvio tips but the included Starline tips aren't bad either, I'm just getting a better fit is all. These are more comfortable for me compared to my personal current KZ favorite, the ZS10. Lots has already been said on this thread about the SQ of the ZSN. For me, it's rather bright, punchy with lots of clarity and details and also, @DocHoliday I agree with your sentiments about these forever retiring the ZST - it's a major step up.

I'll compare the ZSN to the ZSA first by using my Liquid Spark in low gain mode and both with Auvio tips. I find the ZSA to be less energetic and less sensitive compared to the ZSN. The timbre is very close, with maybe a slight edge to the ZSN. Soundstage and instrument separation sounds similar too but I do wonder if the ZSN's brightness is deceiving me a little bit so I'm just going to say they are even.

When plugging the ZSN into iEmatch port of my iFi Nano BL, the brightness goes down significantly and becomes less fatiguing similar to what I find with the ZS6. The ZSN becomes a more enjoyable IEM in this particular setup. The ZSA sounds more even with relatively no change in its sound signature between a typical amp (Liquid Spark) and the iEmatch port. If I didn't have iEmatch, I'd would choose the ZSA. If I had iEmatch, I'd go with the ZSN. If you happen to already own an iEmatch adapter or have an iFi device with it, I think for $15 - $20 USD these would be pretty good for a beater IEM.

If you had to compare the ZSA and the ZSN, with a simple cheap DAP, how do you compare these things? :
- lows: sub bass and bass
- mids
- treble: sibilance, detail and extension
- soundstage

Every time i read reviews there are always different ways to describe and everytime i read about ZSA vs something else it seems like the ZSA isn't as engaging as ZSN, ED16 and others.

Nov 9, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #37,749 of 63,942
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster! I pretty much only use Bluetooth with my KZ's, my current favourite set-up is the AS10 with the Pizen Bluetooth cable (the copper cable I have 3 of.) I started with KZ's original units (as on the ZS5v1 here), which are ok for music but have latency issues and only 2 hour battery at most. I then tried the TRN BT3 Apt-X cable (on the TRN V20's) which is definitely a good unit, better sound quality, and you can watch video. Claimed 8 hour battery life, I'm not sure but it would get close. However I dislike the neckband, and feel this struggles amp wise to push the ZS5 and ZS10. My favourite is the Pizen unit (on the other 3.) I feel it has a punchier sound and pushes the power hungry items a bit better. Battery life for these is 5 hours, they use the same chip as the TRN BT3, and I love the way they pair with the AS10 in particular!

PIZEN TJBT65 aptx Wireless Bluetooth cooper cable For IE80 SE215 SE535 SE846/ zs5 zs6 ZST ZS10 ES4/ QKZ/TRN earphone cable
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cM1bxibB

Edit: no idea how to add photos from mobile, I've set the picture I'm referring to as my avatar.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #37,750 of 63,942
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster! I pretty much only use Bluetooth with my KZ's, my current favourite set-up is the AS10 with the Pizen Bluetooth cable (the copper cable I have 3 of.) I started with KZ's original units (as on the ZS5v1 here), which are ok for music but have latency issues and only 2 hour battery at most. I then tried the TRN BT3 Apt-X cable (on the TRN V20's) which is definitely a good unit, better sound quality, and you can watch video. Claimed 8 hour battery life, I'm not sure but it would get close. However I dislike the neckband, and feel this struggles amp wise to push the ZS5 and ZS10. My favourite is the Pizen unit (on the other 3.) I feel it has a punchier sound and pushes the power hungry items a bit better. Battery life for these is 5 hours, they use the same chip as the TRN BT3, and I love the way they pair with the AS10 in particular!

PIZEN TJBT65 aptx Wireless Bluetooth cooper cable For IE80 SE215 SE535 SE846/ zs5 zs6 ZST ZS10 ES4/ QKZ/TRN earphone cable
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cM1bxibB

Edit: no idea how to add photos from mobile, I've set the picture I'm referring to as my avatar.

i would personally wait till the first "bluetooth cables" show up with the new qualcomm SoC (QCC5100) which was announced in the beginning of 2018. it should offer much better efficiency over the current CSR SoCs.

Nov 9, 2018 at 8:26 AM Post #37,751 of 63,942
If you had to compare the ZSA and the ZSN, with a simple cheap DAP, how do you compare these things? :
- lows: sub bass and bass
- mids
- treble: sibilance, detail and extension
- soundstage

Every time i read reviews there are always different ways to describe and everytime i read about ZSA vs something else it seems like the ZSA isn't as engaging as ZSN, ED16 and others.

Granted I have about an hour on the ZSN, and I have not used ZSA in awhile, and am only going by memory, I would say that not only does ZSN replace the need for ZST, but replaces ZSA also. ZSN bass is better controlled, better textured and a bit faster. ZSA might have more subbass and midbass quantity, but its also a bit more boomy and sloppy imo. ZSN mids are a lot more forward then ZSA. ZSA is pretty recessed. Both iems treble are pretty identical from memory, with ZSA possibly being a lil bit smoother. Again its from old age memory I tell you this so take it with a grain of salt. To me ZSN is also more comfortable. ZSA nozzles are long. Build on both are fantastic. I got my ZSA for $12, and ZSN for $17. Incredible what the hobby is coming too.

Nov 9, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #37,752 of 63,942
Granted I have about an hour on the ZSN, and I have not used ZSA in awhile, and am only going by memory, I would say that not only does ZSN replace the need for ZST, but replaces ZSA also. ZSN bass is better controlled, better textured and a bit faster. ZSA might have more subbass and midbass quantity, but its also a bit more boomy and sloppy imo. ZSN mids are a lot more forward then ZSA. ZSA is pretty recessed. Both iems treble are pretty identical from memory, with ZSA possibly being a lil bit smoother. Again its from old age memory I tell you this so take it with a grain of salt. To me ZSN is also more comfortable. ZSA nozzles are long. Build on both are fantastic. I got my ZSA for $12, and ZSN for $17. Incredible what the hobby is coming too.

Thanks a lot.
I'm actually searching for a replacement as i've returned my ZS6 for the bad feels i had got in my right ear.
Now i'm here and there searching for a good iem around 10-15.

Nov 9, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #37,754 of 63,942
It's too calm here at 48h of the 11.11 :p
Everyone on AE... Lol
Or... Everyone realised the marketing manouvre of rising the prices slightly for several weeks and then making a sale for some cents less than what the seller would usually sell the product?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back