Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 21, 2018 at 7:30 AM Post #35,671 of 63,917
I am still waiting for my my zs10, how long does shipping normally take I'm here in the states?

Aug 21, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #35,672 of 63,917
I am still waiting for my my zs10, how long does shipping normally take I'm here in the states?

I assume you checked the tracking number?

None of us could possibly know where you bought it from, what seller, if it was in stock at the time, how many days the seller processed the order before shipping, or what shipping method the seller used.

I would suggest checking with the seller or the shipping company using the tracking number.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #35,673 of 63,917
order from gear best, tracking doesn't show anything I can see.

Aug 21, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #35,675 of 63,917
order from gear best, tracking doesn't show anything I can see.

Gearbest customer service is top notch. If you can’t find it using the tracking site B9 listed below, I would recommend contacting Gearbest.

Also, depending on which shipping method you chose at checkout, times from Gearbest to USA could range from as little as 7 days to as many as 60 days.

If you chose the “free” shipping with no insurance or tracking, it will take 30-45 days in most cases (but can take as many as 60).

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #35,676 of 63,917
Just received mine and couldn't disagree more. They appear far superior to the ZST in every aspect.

Sounds like there are some QC issues going on, or people's expectations of what they are going to sound like are off.

Yeah, there is definitely something wrong with my pair. There is virtually no bass, no thump whatsoever.

I don't believe it is me as I had the ATE's before the Colorful and they were far better too.

EDIT: Another issue with them is that the sound, or some of the sound, appears to be slightly more on the left side rather than balanced in the middle, if that makes any sense?

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #35,677 of 63,917
Yeah, there is definitely something wrong with my pair. There is virtually no bass, no thump whatsoever.

I don't believe it is me as I had the ATE's before the Colorful and they were far better too.

EDIT: Another issue with them is that the sound, or some of the sound, appears to be slightly more on the left side rather than balanced in the middle, if that makes any sense?

Check seal with tips and cable connection as a start

Bass doesn't have as much impact as some other KZ headphones. Don't remember what zst sounds like though. The mids are less recessed so bass wont sound as exaggerated plus BA will thump less than a dynamic driver usually.

Aug 21, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #35,678 of 63,917

Have you ever heard an all-BA IEM? While I’ve never personally heard the AS10, all-BA IEMs can often be disappointing to people that are used to IEMs with dynamic drivers and their big powerful sub bass. I mention this because you are comparing them to your ATE and ZST (which both have plenty of low end).

And yes, that even includes multi-BA IEMs with ‘bass’ drivers. They still do not extend as deep and powerfully as dynamic drivers.

Unfortunately, the difficult thing with your situation is that it is possible that some of the drivers could be internally wired out of phase (or defective). Depending on the driver, it could cause a lack of sub bass.

So the bottom line is that there could be something wrong (some sort of QC defect), or absolutely nothing wrong at all (and the problem is based on expectations).

The only way to know for sure is to compare them to a known good pair of AS10.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #35,679 of 63,917

Have you tried the phase test on:

https://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php

You'll be able to tell if they're out of phase.

Aug 21, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #35,680 of 63,917
Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #35,681 of 63,917
With the reversed phase BA I had in the Zs10, the biggest audible difference was that it had a really hollow, distant sounding band in the mids and lower treble. It was like you had three different signatures, From low-mids down was full and intimate, from mid through low treble was veiled and distant and then had good air at the top. It isn't easy to immediately pick out that it is a reversed phase driver causing the problem but you will definitely here some strange behaviors if it is. One way to test some is to use an EQ to cut all but certain bands and see how each distinct range sounds by itself at that helps isolate each driver.

Aug 21, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #35,683 of 63,917
One way to test some is to use an EQ to cut all but certain bands and see how each distinct range sounds by itself at that helps isolate each driver.

Great idea!

Cookie for you :cookie:

Aug 21, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #35,684 of 63,917
I was talking about one whole side being out of phase sorry. I didn't know about my unmentionable iem being out of phase until checking that site, it just sounded off.

You’re talking about the KZ AS10, right? If so, that’s perfectly mentionable.

Only the things listed in the banned link in my signature are affected.

Aug 21, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #35,685 of 63,917
You’re talking about the KZ AS10, right? If so, that’s perfectly mentionable.

Only the things listed in the banned link in my signature are affected.

No, my AS10 are fine, in fact they sound fantastic. It was the RN QT2 that was out of phase and it wasn't until I followed that link that I realised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back