Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 18, 2018 at 6:34 AM Post #35,566 of 64,005
who else have sound in one of ear shells louder sound then in another on any of KZ products?

It’s called a channel imbalance. It happens sometimes, not just with KZ, and even on full size headphones.

Your options are:
1. contact seller and exchange for another pair
2. adjust left or right balance on your music source until the volume is equal. Usually it only needs to be adjusted a little bit.
3. just live with it.

Aug 18, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #35,567 of 64,005
P1 is not neutral at all. It is just diffused in response and sound unnaturally hollow.

Agree with TFZ queen, it is a tamed and better version of hibiki.

KZ AS10 on low volume(impedance adapter) is amazing.

Go try TFZ KING II and LTD. These blew my mind. TFZ KING LTD is like KING pro but lower impedance. King 2 is exclusive king with less sibilant treble. Something between series 4 and original king
Was going to purchase the queen's but getting a bit put off now. Out of the queens, king ltd, and king 2, which one has the best full sounding bass, and good, thick sounding vocal performance?

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #35,569 of 64,005
Opinions on AS10 are polarized.
Should we wait until AS10 would have been stabilized or revised onto better way?

or better yet, find a reviewer that you trust/have similar taste or hearing proclivities to you and just see what he/she thinks? or buy the more reviewed stuff around chi-fi.

I dunno why you would want to wait for a revision, so far, only the ZS5 was the recent model that had a major revision. Either buy the AS10 based on limited reviews/impression or wait for more reviews or just buy something else if you're strained for time.

Aug 18, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #35,570 of 64,005
Measurements are somewhat correct on ratings but he doesn't consider decay and phase shift, Which zs10 suffers.

2k decay and triple pierce decay is significant plus a weird roll off treble.

If this decay was tight, it would be simply one of the best iem

What the hell is triple pierce decay? A google search doesn't reveal anything. Is it some audiophile bullsh*t? BAs have fast decay when compared to DD.

Aug 18, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #35,572 of 64,005
What the hell is triple pierce decay? A google search doesn't reveal anything. Is it some audiophile bullsh*t? BAs have fast decay when compared to DD.

Triple pierce decay is when you get three ear piercings very very slowly. or one piercing per ear and a nose ring over time.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #35,573 of 64,005

Triple pierce decay is = 21 pierce decay divided by 7 pierce decay. Sheesh, everyone knows that!

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #35,574 of 64,005
P1 is not neutral at all. It is just diffused in response and sound unnaturally hollow.

Agree with TFZ queen, it is a tamed and better version of hibiki.

KZ AS10 on low volume(impedance adapter) is amazing.

Go try TFZ KING II and LTD. These blew my mind. TFZ KING LTD is like KING pro but lower impedance. King 2 is exclusive king with less sibilant treble. Something between series 4 and original king

Thanks - will consider the other TFZs. I don't agree with you re. the P1, and I'm not after neutral - but that being said they are way more neutral than most in my list. They really need to be driven properly (LG G7 or external dac/amp - sound amazing on Audioquest DragonFly too) - and the bass is ok (but still not in great amounts) if driven properly and at higher volumes. Really good sound stage, imaging, timbre - vocals and highs perfect...just that darn lack of bass. I thought the P2 could be better and it certainly has more bass, but everything else about it is worse than the P1. Right now I'm mainly switching between the P1 and the Revonext QT3 in terms of daily listening.....they are nothing alike at all but both cover a wide range of genres of music well. AS10 mids/highs are so muffled without EQ it is unbelievable, just horrible. Maybe mine are broken? but both sides?

Aug 18, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #35,576 of 64,005
2kHz, 6kHz and 8kHz decay or ringing

Check the other forum website like †††† for that. I dont wanna get banned from head fi for naming the other forum

Aug 18, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #35,577 of 64,005
Thanks - will consider the other TFZs. I don't agree with you re. the P1, and I'm not after neutral - but that being said they are way more neutral than most in my list. They really need to be driven properly (LG G7 or external dac/amp - sound amazing on Audioquest DragonFly too) - and the bass is ok (but still not in great amounts) if driven properly and at higher volumes. Really good sound stage, imaging, timbre - vocals and highs perfect...just that darn lack of bass. I thought the P2 could be better and it certainly has more bass, but everything else about it is worse than the P1. Right now I'm mainly switching between the P1 and the Revonext QT3 in terms of daily listening.....they are nothing alike at all but both cover a wide range of genres of music well. AS10 mids/highs are so muffled without EQ it is unbelievable, just horrible. Maybe mine are broken? but both sides?
Rv QT3 is banned product here.

Aug 18, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #35,578 of 64,005
Hello guys, some days of research and i'm here again..
So the es4 is not for me, tried their shape and it's quite ugly for my ear.
Ed9 is on the way.
Wanna buy one more: ZSA or ED16?
I have 2 little questions:
- Can someone compare ZSA and ED16? Bass, mids, treble, soundstage, imaging and instrument separation, isolation.
Really curious about which of them is the overall winner.
Main genres: edm, dubstep, hardstyle, psy, bass music, some rock and pop, downtempo, techno and so on. Many times i even listen to sia
, dua lipa, adele and so on.
Small ears, so i think both fit me.
I know i have to change the cable if i have to buy an ed16.

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #35,579 of 64,005

Why, because this is a KZ-only thread? I wouldn’t pay extra for it over the ZS6.

Hello guys, some days of research and i'm here again..
So the es4 is not for me, tried their shape and it's quite ugly for my ear.
Ed9 is on the way.
Wanna buy one more: ZSA or ED16?
I have 2 little questions:
- Can someone compare ZSA and ED16? Bass, mids, treble, soundstage, imaging and instrument separation, isolation.
Really curious about which of them is the overall winner.
Main genres: edm, dubstep, hardstyle, psy, bass music, some rock and pop, downtempo, techno and so on. Many times i even listen to sia
, dua lipa, adele and so on.
Small ears, so i think both fit me.
I know i have to change the cable if i have to buy an ed16.

If you don’t have any other in-ears, then get the KZ ED16 and learn what IEMs are all about in sound. If you have other in-ears and they are all closed-back, then get the KZ ZSA.

I have not heard the KZ ED16, but I have owned a few hybrids and multi-BA IEMs (like the Dunu DN-2000J, Aurisonics ASG-1plus, and Shure SE846), and I have to say that they are an acquired taste. Why? There is not much air flowing through the closed-backs, so how the driver(s) is(are) tuned is extremely important to create the sound characteristics that are typically air-dependent, like tonality and soundstage.

That is why I like open-back and semi-open-back IEMs, which add more air flow and expanding the soundstage and adding tonality to the sound. I owned the JVC FX700 and KZ ZS6, but have also heard the Audeze iSine20 and LCDi4, and personally favor the more semi-open sound of the FX700 to hear the notes and vocals better. What else can I say? The semi-open sound of the FX700 and ZS6 provide the details of an IEM with the soundstage of an on-ear and the tonality of a over-ear.

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #35,580 of 64,005

No, the QT3 is NOT banned; the QT2 is.

There has been no specific ban put on the QT3, because it was not developed specifically for the banned seller (listed in my signature).

The QT2 was specifically developed for the banned seller, therefore it is banned.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back