Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 18, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #32,491 of 63,986
Just got my ES4's today, took a while to find tips to suit me (Starlines didn't do it yet do on many iems). Once found I'm happy to report KZ treble is back bass is fine, glad to have them :)

At your earliest convenience. ....

ES3 vs ES4

....please and thank you, Panda!

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #32,492 of 63,986
Using these tracks

ES4 Bass is not as powerful as ES3
ES4 Mids are more forward than ES3
ES4 Highs are clearer more present than ES3
Soundstage is very similar between both

ES3 is more V shaped than ES4

I like both iems ES3 if bass is your thing and ES4 if you prefer a more balanced earphone

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #32,494 of 63,986
I've always liked it and think it's very good, but the splashiness keeps me from listening to it for any length of time. It's on my recommended KZs list and along with the ATR will be staying there once I finally get around to updating it. ZST and ZS3 will be getting the boot for the ZSR and ZS10. ED10 will need to go as well since it's no longer available :frowning2: Not sure what I'm going to replace it with just yet.

I have to really drive the ED9 to high volumes to get them splashy, it has always been my assertion everyone over drives them, To me at low levels that splashy is pure detail:) Of course we know I like my high reqs anyway and many had the same issue with ZST and I love those babies too:rolling_eyes:

May 18, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #32,497 of 63,986
Hi, everyone, I'm relatively new here, but I have been reading all this thread haha.

Well... The Es3 has much more powerful bass?

Wich one do yo prefer?
ZS10 at the moment :)

May 18, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #32,499 of 63,986
I think the ES3 bass can be a bit overpowering so I would say I prefer the ES4. I prefer the shape and the cable it comes with too

May 18, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #32,501 of 63,986
Man the es3 seems like it's gonna be somewhat tough to beat I like a lot of bass being a drummer but I also like clear, non muddy not too high highs sound.

My es4 have been stuck in "ready for dispatch for a few days now. Can't wait to get them in!

May 18, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #32,502 of 63,986
Just got my ES4's today, took a while to find tips to suit me (Starlines didn't do it yet do on many iems). Once found I'm happy to report KZ treble is back bass is fine, glad to have them :)

Which eartips worked best?

ES4 Bass is not as powerful as ES3
ES4 Mids are more forward than ES3
ES4 Highs are clearer more present than ES3
Soundstage is very similar between both

ES3 is more V shaped than ES4

I like both iems ES3 if bass is your thing and ES4 if you prefer a more balanced earphone

Thanks for the quick comparison, Panda.

A more balanced KZ! Been waiting for one of these for quite some time. ES4 sounds like a winner!

ZS10 at the moment :)

Your thoughts here would be great, do tell!

May 18, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #32,505 of 63,986
My kz zs10 ¿final¿ impressions (100+ hour burn in)

before we start: i does not have "golden ears". My audiophile experience born with budget chi-fi iems not with expensive IEMS $100+ or more. So i started from the bottom. Any reviewer should start any review with this kind of information because that make a big diference of how you actually read and understand how they appreciate sound.

*Now i have a HD6XX as main desktop headphone. that just as a reference

the best
I think if we are gonna talk about zs10, first we have to talk about how they perform a multilayered sound. I read this in a lot of another reviews

This is my first IEM that i truly can tell im feeling that every sound in any frequency range is performing without overlaping other range frequencies. You can notice this A LOT more than other chi-fi iems with multi-driver or hybrid technologies. (I tried kz zs5 v1, Tennmak Pro, Xiaomi Hybrid Pro HD, I-Into i8, TIMMKO C630)

I think this is a premium feature but zs10 fails in what i supposed KZ already dominated. And that comes with:

the worst
Inconsistency. There is something mysterious about zs10. the sound changes A LOT with the tips. My theory is that some tips make a complete insertion to the ear cavity what blocks the vents of the dynamic driver. I have over 100 hours of burn in with the zs10 and still, sometimes, it has very poor mids and sub-bass. Other times, when I have the perfect fit, they are a delight. I think it's because depending on the tip and the insertion the vent gets blocked or half blocked. The issue is that if it is completely open sub-bass is recessed. If it is completely closed there are bass and sub-bass but ugly mids . The intermediate (half blocked),i think, is the one that gives the best sound to my ears. However, it is the most difficult to achieve. The same thing about the vent hole is just a theory. I do not know exactly yet what is causing this inconsistency in his performance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back