Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 3, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #3,151 of 63,836
  hi guys, i wanna ask something
i wanna buy KZ EDSE, but its hard to search in my country.
i found KZ ED2 series, and its looks similiar model with EDSE

can someone give me revies about compare this two product? (EDSE vs ED2)
and i hope someone can review about ED2 vs Sony MH1 too..

thanks before
sory for my bad english

Hi, i don't have ED2 but i have EDSE and mh1, comparing them to mh1, mh1 has a punchier style of bass fast and responsive also the highs are a bit better, EDSE is a bit inferior in terms of sq but i personally use them over mh1 because of the cable and the music i listen too, you can get a very good result with EDSE on every genre of music, also to my ears EDSE is more smooth overall.
So now take on account that ED2 is a bit bassier than EDSE(haven't heard them myself but other members said so).

Apr 3, 2015 at 7:11 AM Post #3,152 of 63,836
"Dear friend, KZ - CM9 because has been sold out, no stock
We will send you KZ - ED3, two products same price, similar functions"

RAWR! The CM9 continues to elude me. From what I've read I will certainly like the ED3 though, so there is one positive 
cool.gif

If anyone knows where to get a CM9 at around the magic 10 USD mark, with free shipping to Canada, please feel free to drop a link.

Apr 3, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #3,153 of 63,836
  "Dear friend, KZ - CM9 because has been sold out, no stock
We will send you KZ - ED3, two products same price, similar functions"

RAWR! The CM9 continues to elude me. From what I've read I will certainly like the ED3 though, so there is one positive 
cool.gif

If anyone knows where to get a CM9 at around the magic 10 USD mark, with free shipping to Canada, please feel free to drop a link.

How about this?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-CM9-acme-fever-professional-in-ear-headphones-HIFI-fever-standard-heavy-bass-headphones/2044936547.html

Apr 3, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #3,156 of 63,836

I found from their webpage that it's good at symphony. Is that true?

To my ears, it's also true.  Coz ED9 has a very good sound resolution.  Many people also prefer v-shape sound with classical music. 

You also said the same thing about the ED8. And to my ears they have fair resolution, muddy bass and plastic sounding treble. I see the hype train has started! Has anyone else, other than ilikeiem tried the ED9? 

Apr 3, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #3,159 of 63,836
I know most of you will not like this but if you are not interested in buying a separate source, you can actually boost your computer/laptop's sound card to a great extent simply by using some softwares and their configs. I am using Razer Surround Pro with Kraken ( for Over-the-ear ) and Hammerhead ( In-the-ear ) configuration for my respective (different) headsets. Plus, I am using VLC media player for playing the sounds by changing the audio codec and resampling properties in it. Serves good to me. I don't own much expensive earphones. So, I did not have the need to buy a high quality / sophisticated sources / amplifiers.

Apr 3, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #3,160 of 63,836
I know most of you will not like this but if you are not interested in buying a separate source, you can actually boost your computer/laptop's sound card to a great extent simply by using some softwares and their configs. I am using Razer Surround Pro with Kraken ( for Over-the-ear ) and Hammerhead ( In-the-ear ) configuration for my respective (different) headsets. Plus, I am using VLC media player for playing the sounds by changing the audio codec and resampling properties in it. Serves good to me. I don't own much expensive earphones. So, I did not have the need to buy a high quality / sophisticated sources / amplifiers.

You should try raw sound too... Try Foobar2000 with wasapi plugin and from foobar preferences select wasapi (event) as output. Let me know if you try this.

Oh btw for super budget conscious people imo ELE DAC D01 with Topping NX1 is a very good deal.

Anyway, any kind of sound is awesome if you enjoy it :)

Apr 3, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #3,161 of 63,836
You also said the same thing about the ED8. And to my ears they have fair resolution, muddy bass and plastic sounding treble. I see the hype train has started! Has anyone else, other than ilikeiem tried the ED9? 

I'm amazeballs over the looks, and since it's still at fairly low cost I pulled trigger, haha. I don't believe at all the specifications listed on product description page, but if it's KZ who is making this it's not going to be too disappointing... I hope.

Waiting for the ED9....At least a month to go!

Apr 3, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #3,164 of 63,836
Seller of Tuna ED9 says that this is original KZ.

Apr 3, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #3,165 of 63,836
As a KZ veteran, I can assure you guys that Tuna and KZ are the same. It seems KZ's model is to initially overprice their models and wait about a month and often less until they slash the prices mercilessly and they often reach the "below $10" mark. I wouldn't worry about Tuna ED9 being a fake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back