Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 18, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #28,261 of 63,957
Been away from this thread for the past 2 weeks. Has there been more detailed news about some of the 2018 line-up?

Feb 18, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #28,263 of 63,957
Feb 19, 2018 at 7:18 AM Post #28,267 of 63,957
Hi, I did test yersteday a fresh ES3 with stock mic cable. My feelings:
Bass are big and round
Voices are recessed (level and details)
Highs are sibilant, and it is disturbing
My fresh ES3 is not well tuned
So now let try a long burn in...
I can compare with my:

# ZST (burn in 80h, stock no mic cable)
Bass: very good level, some details,
Voices slightly recessed but more level and details than ES3
High: Very good, details, no sibilance (after long burn in)
the ZST is well tuned, warm large spatial soundstage, good instruments separation.
# ZSR (burn in 10h, KZ silver cable)
Bass: Powerfull, defined, goes deep and deeper with same energy, not excessive & pushes hard when needed
Voices: Good details, slightly recessed in some cases
Highs: Excellent, usualy not sibilant
The ZSR is like a super ZST
# ZS6 fresh out off the box (red, with ZS3 no-mic stock cable)
Bass: near ZSR but a bit different
Voices: Clear, detailed, not recessed, better than all others
Highs: Excellent, details, no sibilance, nearly as ZSR, lower level (Do I have a ZS6-ll ?)
The ZS6 is like a super ZSR...

hi, all... can anyone confirm red zs6 from gearbest are not sibilant? do we have a zs6 v2 here ?

Feb 19, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #28,268 of 63,957
hi, all... can anyone confirm red zs6 from gearbest are not sibilant? do we have a zs6 v2 here ?

On the ZS6, I hear the voices, the mediums are realy more forward than on the ZSR, so you hear less the bass. It's difficult to evaluate the level off the trebles, cause
they seem to be at the same level as the voices. The ZSR is more layback, a bit V shaped, the voices are more distant, it can be confortable sometimes, maybe the trebles are a bit softer (ater 48h burn in) than ZS6. New out off the box, I heard no sibilance, but after some hours, I could hear some, sometimes. I guess it needs 80hr of burnin to inprove, like all the other hybrid KZ. New from the box, the ES3 is sibilant all the time, after 48h of burnin it's only better, and much better with foam tips.

Feb 19, 2018 at 8:46 AM Post #28,269 of 63,957
On the ZS6, I hear the voices, the mediums are realy more forward than on the ZSR, so you hear less the bass. It's difficult to evaluate the level off the trebles, cause
they seem to be at the same level as the voices. The ZSR is more layback, a bit V shaped, the voices are more distant, it can be confortable sometimes, maybe the trebles are a bit softer (ater 48h burn in) than ZS6. New out off the box, I heard no sibilance, but after some hours, I could hear some, sometimes. I guess it needs 80hr of burnin to inprove, like all the other hybrid KZ. New from the box, the ES3 is sibilant all the time, after 48h of burnin it's only better, and much better with foam tips.

So the ZSR may not be the best choice to who wants a detailed med-high spectrum.
I really can't find a good cheap headphones that sounds OK for my ears.
I actually use MEMT x5 as my daily drivers after my hardtries with KZ ZS3 that i found rly uncomfy, and i like them a lot, but i still can't hear the clarity in the voices i listen to.
Voices become a bit too warm and don't sound natural like they should.
I really like their sound signature but i would really like to hear a more natural response on the voices and a more detailed sound without lacking a punchy and deep bass. I think it's gonna be impossible ahahaha

Feb 19, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #28,270 of 63,957
So the ZSR may not be the best choice to who wants a detailed med-high spectrum.
I actually use MEMT x5 as my daily drivers after my hardtries with KZ ZS3 that i found rly uncomfy, and i like them a lot, but i still can't hear the clarity in the voices i listen to.
I really like their sound signature but i would really like to hear a more natural response on the voices and a more detailed sound without lacking a punchy and deep bass. I think it's gonna be impossible ahahaha
Try the UiiSii CM5:

https://www.amazon.com/Earphones-UiiSii-CM5-Headphones-Comfortable/dp/B07415PGTY

Feb 19, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #28,271 of 63,957
Feb 19, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #28,272 of 63,957

I do recommand to you the ZSR. Night and day with the ZS3 (I have) considering medium and trebles details !
The bass are better than the ZS3, even more punchy and deep.
The voices are well present & detailed (even if on the ZS6 the level is higher)
The trebles are very detailed (On the ZS3, for me the trebles are weak with very few details. even with silver cable and foam removed)

Feb 19, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #28,273 of 63,957
Many people tipped this to me, but i just can't understand if the shape is similiar to the kz zs3.
Are they big? I remember my zs3 was way uncomfortable to me as i have a real little ear.
They are not as contoured as the ZS3, more of a generic shape. Very comfortable to me, but everyone is different. There is only one way to find out.

Feb 19, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #28,275 of 63,957
Try one size up

just received my ZS5's ... I think they sound great, but how the hell does anyone get them to sit securely in their ears ?!!!
I'm using my usual sized spiral dot tips and they just keep popping out .

GRRRRR....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back