Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 23, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #27,226 of 64,000
Well, that makes two of us. I think both are capable of exceptional detail retrieval and I have no issues with the treble on either.

I also noticed that there is no ES3 review yet. I think it deserves a proper review even though it is similar to the ZST. The differences are subtle, but I can definitely appreciate those differences (slightly more presence in the bass, a tad more warmth in the midrange and highs that are focused more toward lower treble than upper treble). They're a lot of fun.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Little by little it makes the world a better place
+1 on the ES3. I haven't been able to A-B them myself. Certainly would like to hear opinions from members who have, (if there are any):ksc75smile:

Jan 23, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #27,227 of 64,000
Have you done any mods to ZS6? Which tips are you using?

Stock tips... the starlines.

No mods... I am not a modder .

Happy with them exactly as they are.

Jan 23, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #27,228 of 64,000
I've lost the hope of getting what I want from KZ after buying ZS1, 2, 3, 5, 6 and ZST. When you get ZSR please compare it with ZS6 as far as piercing treble and good base are concerned. It's a request.

Best advice I can give you is quit buying KZ! To many epic fails for you to keep dumping money into them:beerchug:

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #27,230 of 64,000
Best advice I can give you is quit buying KZ! To many epic gails for you to keep dumping money into them:beerchug:
I guess you're right. I am expecting Ostry KC06A and than I'll stop searching for IEMs for a while. Actually I am not a fan of IEMS especially when compared with Meze 99 Classics which I listen in when at home. I thought I'd find something suitable for the street conditions but in vain. Sorry for the partial off-top.

Jan 23, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #27,231 of 64,000
I guess you're right. I am expecting Ostry KC06A and than I'll stop searching for IEMs for a while. Actually I am not a fan of IEMS especially when compared with Meze 99 Classics which I listen in when at home. I thought I'd find something suitable for the street conditions but in vain. Sorry for the partial off-top.

Perhaps, you should consider the BossHiFi B3 (wood) or Urbanfun Hybrid. Maybe even the BossHiFi S1(blue). The S1 wires are over-ear and the B3 wires are not. My B3's have no microphone while my S1's do have a microphone.
20171129_132127.jpg
1515277460181.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #27,232 of 64,000
Perhaps, you should consider the BossHiFi B3 (wood) or Urbanfun Hybrid. Maybe even the BossHiFi S1(blue). The S1 wires are over-ear and the B3 wires are not. My B3's have no microphone while my S1's do have a microphone.
I have Urban fun. But still lacking bass.

Jan 23, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #27,233 of 64,000
@Podster I'm guessing there is a teensy microdriver in there, but the camera is making it look a bit stubbier than it should be? I'm not going to play since I've got enough KZs, haha.

Very likely but I was sure you'd know them all and probaly my after market cables:wink:

Alex, you would be hard pressed to find many iem's that equal the Meze and especially budget ones!

Jan 23, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #27,234 of 64,000
Alex, you would be hard pressed to find many iem's that equal the Meze and especially budget ones!
Yes, I understand that but if I had less treble in ZS6 I'd be almost satisfied for the street conditions. Thus, I am playing tips (tip rolling) including spinfit and blocking the drivers with fabric. For now with little success. I am getting used to ZS6, though. May be because I am still having a cold it's not THAT piercing now.

Jan 23, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #27,235 of 64,000
just got my silver earphone cable for my KZ ZS3 excited to see if the make a difference

Jan 23, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #27,236 of 64,000
Yes, I understand that but if I had less treble in ZS6 I'd be almost satisfied for the street conditions. Thus, I am playing tips (tip rolling) including spinfit and blocking the drivers with fabric. For now with little success. I am getting used to ZS6, though. May be because I am still having a cold it's not THAT piercing now.

I'm thinking the filter over the BA mod may end up working for you when you get the right one fitted:beerchug:

Jan 23, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #27,237 of 64,000
I'm thinking the filter over the BA mod may end up working for you when you get the right one fitted:beerchug:
I hope so too. But it did not help with ZS5, though. Could be because I removed the foam from ZS3 and put it to the ZS5 nozzle. May be I will try another type of foam or tea bags or stuff like that.
I've a question. What is the best option to have for prominent bass frequencies - small or middle or large size of the tips? I am not talking about the comfort but about the possibility to get more bass.
If I insert tips deep inside my ear and hold them with my hands there inclined at a certain position I am having the bass I am satisfied with. The question is how to keep the earphones in this position. If I found an answer to this question I'd be happy and satisfied. I don't consider the idea of custom molding though. It hurts the ears after hardening. At least I read some reviews about that.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #27,238 of 64,000
Let's play spot the KZ's:) First one to name everything in the box correct wins a pair of Z5V1's from the Pod…

Those VJJB K4 look interesting. I'm a sucker for wood IEMs. How do they sound? Worth blowing $20 to get a pair?

Perhaps, you should consider the BossHiFi B3 (wood) or Urbanfun Hybrid. Maybe even the BossHiFi S1(blue). The S1 wires are over-ear and the B3 wires are not…
As mentioned above I love wooden IEMs. I wear my BossHifi B3s over ear. Just switch left and right so that the nozzles point the correct way and can be inserted into my ears. I don't mind when the violins are on the wrong side of the stage. :gs1000smile:

If you decide to try the Urbanfun Hybrid be careful with your purchase. They make a beryllium DD that looks similar (perhaps identical) and a number of sellers on Aliexpress.com aren't very good at distinguishing between the models. Some even lump them together in the same product page as 3 'color' choices: the green hybrid, black hybrid and the beryllium DD version.

Jan 23, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #27,239 of 64,000
Hey @bsoplinger , I find the K4's to sound 5 times better than you $9.99 Skull Candies at Best Buy not to mention 10 times better looking. IMO worth $20:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back