Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 21, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #27,136 of 63,916
What upgrade cables have you guys tried with the ZSRs and how is it working out fit wise? Wondering how it fits with the plastic ends of the silver braided cable (I have them in my ZS6s as I've been afraid to mess with cutting) and how the straight plugs from other upgrade cables work out (I see the cable it comes with has angled plugs).
The straight silver braided upgrade cable for the ZST fits the ZSR fine. There is some unfilled space between it and the ZSR housing.

Jan 21, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #27,137 of 63,916
I think ZSTc early batch had some issues with consistency but I might remember wrong and that was issue rather with "carbon" ZST early vs. later batch.
Somehow I remember ZSTc early batch having also sound difference from later ones but I might be wrong.

Jan 21, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #27,138 of 63,916
Have you had the chance to compare CP100 to CP220 yet? I got the CP100 myself on KZ ZS5 now and they go in very deep and I like them so far. I don't have any double/triple flange tips, so wonder if i'm missing out on something.

I find the sound too muffled on both IT01 & KZ ZS5 with the CP220 M2. Nozzle is just too narrow. They're smaller than the KZ stock. Better off with anything larger! I like the KZ turbos (those blue ones)

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #27,139 of 63,916
That`s the thing - it`s Your subjective opinion and preference with Your gear and hearing/sound perception - You can`t generalize this opinion to everybody :wink:
I personally can`t claim that ZS5v1 is less harsh in highs due to different revisions of ZS5 and different gear/music ppl use against ZS6 but I get more impressions by users thinking ZS6 is overly sharp (and need foam tips) than with ZS5v1. With ZS5v2 it`s different story and I still think some ZS5 users mix up v2 and v1 due to bad look at nozzle BAs and not willing to remove grills to be 100% sure.
With my gear though, I can`t say ZS5v1 is anywhere near harsh! ZST colorful (the good batch) and **** 4in1 sound noticeably more harsh to me (latter being harshest)... and once again, I`m quite sensitive to treble, especially around 6.2-7.5kHz. And I also don`t think my gear is overly warm/soft sounding - I have modified it a lot and now my sources are neutral-sided with slight warm tilt (in stock they were quite warmish though).
ZSTc treble spike I got almost eliminated with Auvio red core smallest tips. **** 4in1 issue got a lot better using high-impedance cable + spiral dot tips.
With latter mentioned "mods" I think they line up as follows (harshest treble to least treble harshness): ZSTc > 4in1 > ZS5v1.
This doesn`t mean my sound preference order though, which is as follows (best to not so good):
ZS5v1 > ZSTc > 4in1. Why? Because 4in1 sounds too dry/dull and lifeless with lot of music I listen.
ZSTc has slight W-shape signature and it`s more pleasant to listen with lot music. But ZS5v1 kind of sits between them with largest immersive soundstage which I totally crave for ;P

But this is JMSHO , others may vary :wink:

Yeah that soundstage. Almost like open back headphones. Love it. Makes me forgive it's imperfections. Just can't forgive the zs6.

Jan 21, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #27,140 of 63,916
I find the sound too muffled on both IT01 & KZ ZS5 with the CP220 M2. Nozzle is just too narrow. They're smaller than the KZ stock. Better off with anything larger! I like the KZ turbos (those blue ones)

Does anyone have a source for the blue KZ turbo tips?

Jan 21, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #27,143 of 63,916
Jan 21, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #27,145 of 63,916
I agree the ZS6 are terrific earphones for the price, find the right tips and you are set. They will not be making any more greens I believe

Jan 21, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #27,148 of 63,916
Let's not start up this argument again.

please.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back