Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 20, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #25,306 of 63,980
Discovered a rather significant flaw of the cheap foams vs the Comply: compression.

The Comply is capable of compressing to an incredibly small size, holding it for a few seconds so you can insert it way deep into the ear prior to it poofing back up. The Bees and another set I have are certainly soft and seal well, but there's no way to insert them so deeply because they won't squash down like the Comply will.
Hence their 'affordability'

Nov 20, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #25,307 of 63,980
Hi, that's a nice looking combo. Been looking to get the green ZS6.. While still waiting on my red ordered during 11.11 sale.
Where did you order yours?
Thanks... I purchased the green ZS6 from GB circa one month ago. They are still available on Amazon. Unfortunately only for 50dollars.

Nov 20, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #25,310 of 63,980
Only 1 week to arrive from China to the UK?

Let's see how good all of these and that damned memory wire with bluetooth adapter :disappointed:

Are those KZ tips the gel foam ones that come with the ATE?

Nov 20, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #25,311 of 63,980
Thanks... I purchased the green ZS6 from GB circa one month ago. They are still available on Amazon. Unfortunately only for 50dollars.

Whoa, I snapped up 2 greens when they were at Gearbest for $19.99.

Maybe I should sell them on eBay as soon as they arrive from GB and make a tidy profit? :)

Nov 20, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #25,312 of 63,980
Would silicone tubing be better?

Yes, silicone is softer and probably more like a fleshy ear canal and that might affect the impedance peaks! Maybe a bore hole cut into a piece of steak would be closer to the truth :) Actually, they make viscoelastic polymer gel blocks to simulate flesh for gun shot ballistic tests. That might be a bit cleaner than a chunk of steak! Lol.

Nov 20, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #25,313 of 63,980
Are those KZ tips the gel foam ones that come with the ATE?

I have no idea. I have only tested the bluetooth adapter so far and I am impressed with the sound quality for such little money. I have tried it with all of my KZ's ( ZST, ZS5 V1 and ZS6 ) and only need low volumes to power them on a iphone 5s and Sony Xperia Z5.

I bought them all from gearbest.

I bought the foam for my KZ ZS6 which I will test tomorrow to see if they can tame a bit of the treble but the treble doesn't seem to be as strong as OOTB. The KZ's I own are the ZST, ZS5 V1 and ZS6.

Nov 20, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #25,314 of 63,980
Yes, silicone is softer and probably more like a fleshy ear canal and that might affect the impedance peaks! Maybe a bore hole cut into a piece of steak would be closer to the truth :) Actually, they make viscoelastic polymer gel blocks to simulate flesh for gun shot ballistic tests. That might be a bit cleaner than a chunk of steak! Lol.
I have seen giant gummy bears used as a substitute for ballistics gel. That might make audio testing a sticky subject, though...

Nov 20, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #25,315 of 63,980
Maybe try another tip besides spin fits?

Got any foams you can try just as a test?

Also, did you burn them in?

How about a couple of different sources?

And are you sure they're not out of phase? Did you do the phase tests to make sure, because there have been some KZ cables that were wired out of phase themselves, so plugging in the 2-pin connectors the "right way" causes them to go out of phase because the cable is mis-wired?

I'm sure you tried all of the above, but just giving a few helpful suggestions just in case.

Yes, I've tried foams, spin fits, starlines, along with a few other unbranded pairs. I do not believe in burn-in. Sources, three. Phase is perfect.

They've gotten better with brain burn in, but still the ZS5v1's are miles ahead.

Nov 20, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #25,316 of 63,980
Why does KZ actually put the memory wires in the cables? What KZ? Only a SMALL MINORITY seem to like them.

I just got my new upgraded cable and now I have to cut them all up. What a shame. KZ has been annoying me lately.

Nov 20, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #25,317 of 63,980
So here's a question.

If you love the ZS6... where do we go from here? What's the "upgrade" from it? What gives the same experience overall but higher end? The P1 is more neutral, the 1MORE Quad rolls off the high end.

Nov 20, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #25,318 of 63,980
So here's a question.

If you love the ZS6... where do we go from here? What's the "upgrade" from it? What gives the same experience overall but higher end? The P1 is more neutral, the 1MORE Quad rolls off the high end.

Back to ZS5v1 with a little more mids and soundstage, thanks.

Nov 20, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #25,320 of 63,980
i'm due to order some more comlpy foams, anybody have any recommendations for a less expensive option? i get T-100 & T-200 in the medium size (the initial compression hold does not matter) as i usually use them till they're falling apart and no longer stay compressed like they did when new.
I ordered some of those that @Slater suggested but haven't received them yet. I currently prefer the New Bee brand for T500 (5mm) which I buy through Amazon. They're cheaper there than at Gearbest which isn't the first time I've seen that happen (Amazon cheaper or the same price as Gearbest or Aliexpress). I also have generic unbranded foamies from Gearbest that I don't like as much as well as the KZ brand pseudo foamies which once I received them I could understand why nobody likes them. They're not really foam just very squishy very soft plastic.

Not that it applies to any KZ 'phones that I know of but I like the Rebound brand via Amazon for T100 (3mm nozzle) size. Which has me a bit confused because you mention T100 & T200 (4mm) size tips in the KZ thread but I thought all the KZ products had larger nozzles and use the T500 (5mm) size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back