Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 20, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #25,321 of 63,796
Yes, I've tried foams, spin fits, starlines, along with a few other unbranded pairs. I do not believe in burn-in. Sources, three. Phase is perfect.

They've gotten better with brain burn in, but still the ZS5v1's are miles ahead.

Looks like you've covered all of your bases!

Nov 20, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #25,322 of 63,796
i'm due to order some more comlpy foams, anybody have any recommendations for a less expensive option? i get T-100 & T-200 in the medium size (the initial compression hold does not matter) as i usually use them till they're falling apart and no longer stay compressed like they did when new.

I ordered some of those that @Slater suggested but haven't received them yet. I currently prefer the New Bee brand for T500 (5mm) which I buy through Amazon. They're cheaper there than at Gearbest which isn't the first time I've seen that happen (Amazon cheaper or the same price as Gearbest or Aliexpress). I also have generic unbranded foamies from Gearbest that I don't like as much as well as the KZ brand pseudo foamies which once I received them I could understand why nobody likes them. They're not really foam just very squishy very soft plastic.

Not that it applies to any KZ 'phones that I know of but I like the Rebound brand via Amazon for T100 (3mm nozzle) size. Which has me a bit confused because you mention T100 & T200 (4mm) size tips in the KZ thread but I thought all the KZ products had larger nozzles and use the T500 (5mm) size.

Yup, those ones I've posted before are an incredible value (20 pairs for ~$7-$8). You won't find a better deal. They have all of the sizes - T100, 200, 300, and 400/500. In multiple colors, and multiple OD sizes (plus included plastic hard case to keep them safe and clean). And you can mix and match for no extra charge. For example, I got some T300 in small (red), some T300 in medium (blue), plenty of T500 in black, white, red, blue (all mediums), etc.

They are the 'same' quality as all of the other wedge tips I've bought from Aliexpress (all fast rebound). My guess is that there's one giant factory in China making all of the foam tips we see on Aliexpress. Sure, they're not identical to Comply, but the value is too big to pass up.

The guy ships pretty fast, and I've ordered multiple times with zero issues.

The only ones that are different (ie slow rebound foam) are the 'ball style' foam tips. But I've only ever seen them in medium and in T500 nozzle size.

Nov 20, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #25,323 of 63,796
So I just got my KZ ZS5 (V2)...and I don't absolutely hate em'. But they're definitely too sharp in the treble. They have some sibilance. But compared to the ATE or ZSE, you can actually make out what's going on in the music. They remind me most of the Grado SR60i I used to own. It's a weird "W" sound signature, with loads of treble. And it sounds quite thin.

Nov 20, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #25,324 of 63,796
So I just got my KZ ZS5 (V2)...and I don't absolutely hate em'. But they're definitely too sharp in the treble. They have some sibilance. But compared to the ATE or ZSE, you can actually make out what's going on in the music. They remind me most of the Grado SR60i I used to own. It's a weird "W" sound signature, with loads of treble. And it sounds quite thin.

Say whaaaat? A KZ you don't absolutely hate?

StopThePresses.jpg

haha, j/k with you man we love ya :)

Nov 21, 2017 at 7:29 AM Post #25,331 of 63,796
I have both the ZS6 and Macaw GT600s. I really like the ZS6 including the treble. In my opinion the GT600s is definitely an upgrade. The GT600s has a much wider sound stage and instrument separation is better. The bass on the GT600s is very good but the ZS6 has more but it is not necessarily better quality. The treble on the GT600s is close to or equal in brightness to the ZS6, again I like the treble on both. I've found a bright treble is something I have gotten used to and learned to enjoy. The GT600s is more balanced than the ZS6. Build quality and accessories are also better with the GT600s. In my opinion the ZS6 at under $30 is really hard to beat but yes I believe the GT600s to be a definite upgrade.

Nov 21, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #25,333 of 63,796
I have both the ZS6 and Macaw GT600s. I really like the ZS6 including the treble. In my opinion the GT600s is definitely an upgrade. The GT600s has a much wider sound stage and instrument separation is better. The bass on the GT600s is very good but the ZS6 has more but it is not necessarily better quality. The treble on the GT600s is close to or equal in brightness to the ZS6, again I like the treble on both. I've found a bright treble is something I have gotten used to and learned to enjoy. The GT600s is more balanced than the ZS6. Build quality and accessories are also better with the GT600s. In my opinion the ZS6 at under $30 is really hard to beat but yes I believe the GT600s to be a definite upgrade.

Wow awesome, didn't expect for anyone to be able to chime in on that one so soon. So the GT600s has a much wider soundstage huh? The ZS6 already has a really wide stage...wider than almost all my more expensive stuff. So that would be impressive indeed.

Do you have the regular GT600s or the Pro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back